Chapter 3: Aftermath

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter 3: Aftermath

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:41 am

"A worthy goal."

Takeo moves to take up the sword of the dead man. It fared him ill, but he was a fool.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am

Takeo reaches down and picks up the dead man's scimitar.

He feels it is heavier than a katana, but the the young kenjutsu master should be able to wield it well enough if necessary.

There are no other obvious weapons.

The magistrates must decide what to do next.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm

'œMagistrate Moto Ujo-san. I have already introduced myself. I am the Chrysanthemum Champion, the man they call the Hand of Justice. When your armies were turned away at Oiku, I was there. When Shinjo Shono's banner was taken, it was in my hands. When your Khan sent assassins to murder the Empress, I struck them down. I serve the Toturi Dynasty and uphold the Celestial Order...' Koshiro keeps his blade raised at the disarmed, and disrobed, samurai.

'œ...As such it is a poor day to be considered my enemy.'

'œI have heard many unsettling rumours of late, Magistrate-san, but let us begin my inquiry. Why did you choose to inspect this particular house?'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:23 pm

The Moto thinks about his answer before he gives it, but does so, still in a defensive stance.

"We do not trust the Sensei," the magistrate says, "And we are performing regular searches of all homes and buildings to root out traitorous Crane." There is a smile upon his face now, something eerie and knowing. "For the Emperor, the Khan, wishes peace."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:01 pm

"Are we hunting, then? We should move quickly."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Hideki nods ready to continue the search of the city. The thought crosses his mind that the man may have other weapons on him, though the idea of searching the dead mans corpse for any keeps him from searching.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:11 am

The Kuni focuses on taking a minute to hide the body as best they can, cleaning off the blood from the incident, then continuing the hunt. He wants to ambush another lone Unicorn if possible, but isn't stupid enough to jump an entire squad of them.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:43 am

There are several nooks and crannies the body could be stuffed into. Doing so quickly would be wise, but do the samurai want to defile themselves by touching a dead body?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:47 am

The Kuni chuckles to himself at the thought. Touching and even dissecting corpses is basic training for most Kuni, regardless of whether they become shugenja or bushi. Without further delay, he moves the dead body to a less conspicuous location. Before heading out, he does his best to minimize the blood showing on his armor. Never good to alert ones foes to danger prematurely.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:57 am

Gidayu moves forward after replacing his katana. He grabs up the dead body and tosses crams it into a very slight space in between two buildings. While laughing, the Kuni reaches down, grabs the decapitated head and tosses it beside the body.
So, no honor loss for Kuni for this? I'm just wondering. I'll have to research it.