Chapter 3: Aftermath

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 3: Aftermath

Post by akarmicanomaly » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:35 pm

The Seppun watches the Moto's expression with interest, a similar knowing smile gracing his own lips. 'œI presume Magistrate-san that was some ill-conceived attempt to break my resolve. I have heard the lies of the Khan and I know his victory was not as absolute as he claims. I offer my condolences to you Moto Ujo, for despite your honoured service your own daimyo misleads you.'

'œNow, what fates have befallen those who opposed him? Of the Lion, the Crane and the Scorpion? What has become of the Imperial Families?'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:53 pm

*** Koshiro ***

The Moto shrugs, "I will not give any more information to a traitor such as yourself." The man is still in a defensive stance, ready for the Seppun to attack as he expects Koshiro will.
Full Defense
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 am

'œYour resolve is commendable.' The Chrysanthemum Champion pauses, falling still as the Moto defiantly speaks. The smile peels away, leaving only the hardened core of a tired soldier wishing for war to end. The Seppun expected such behaviour from the gaijin, already prepared for the fact he would have to seek answers from the other nearby magistrates.

'œKakita-sensei...' Koshiro's voice raises, calling to the Crane Samurai within. 'œThese are your lands, what do you wish done with this traitor to the Daughter of Heaven?'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 am

*** Koshiro ***

Ieyasu-sensei walks up from behind the Chrysanthemum Champion. "You speak for the Empress, Koshiro-sama," he says, "I have sworn never to injure these gaijin." He frowns to that. "My will is for you to do as you see fit. The Crane Daimyo is not here, and thus, I can receive no orders from him."

The Moto seems to be getting slightly unnerved. Koshiro sees him look down to his blade more than once.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:23 am

Hideki watches as the Kuni moves the mans body. He's not sure why the man is comfortable moving the body, while it makes sense he finds himself thinking there's no way he could have touched the corpse to move it.

As the body is close to being in place the Ashigaru scans their surroundings hoping nobody had seen the altercation.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 am

Kuni Gidayu nods at the others once the untoward task is finished. He wipes the blood from his hands on the corpse's kimono, then sets out again. "Let us stay together, you two acting as my peasant servants for the time being. If we can ambush another samurai, so be it. But if it looks like we are outnumbered, and I am not able to bluff my way out, we run. We take no chances on getting mobbed."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:13 pm

*** Gidayu, Hideki, and Takeo ***
JW is on vacation, though he was pretty late anyway
Of the three magistrates, two are armed, Takeo with a scimitar. It does not make a great way to keep yourself disguised, but this is the chance that the magistrates have decided to make. The three walk out of the alley and onto the side street. Both ways look clear of Unicorn, with only some Crane peasants performing their daily routine.

The street ahead leads to the Kakita Iajitsu Dojo. It is famed for their duelists, but now looks deserted from this vantage.
Edited to indicate Takeo with the scimitar
Last edited by TetNak on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:25 pm

'œVery well Kakita-sensei. Magistrate-san...' Koshiro adjusts his grip on his katana, a poor sign for the gaijin's future. As the Champion speaks he lowers into a more offensive stance, ready to end the Magistrates life and dishonour. 'œI have asked my question, if you will not answer then I am afraid you stand as an enemy of the Steel Throne and the righteous Empress Toturi Kurako. My duty is clear when it comes to those who oppose the Daughter of Heaven.'

'œYou can either answer my inquiries, or make peace with your ancestors.'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 pm

*** Koshiro ***
Seppun Koshiro 28, Moto Ujo 24
The Moto smiles. "I may die here today, but you shall as well." The Unicorn screams out, "INTRUDER! TO THE SENSEI'S HOME! SEPPUN!"

The magistrate looks like he is going to try to run after yelling at the top of his lungs.

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 am

'œTo your ancestors then, may they be merciful for the shame you have brought them.'

With no second thoughts the Chrysanthemum Champion raises his katana and brings it down in a brutal slash, a strike with no intention other than ending a life and silencing the screaming Unicorn. As he strikes the Seppun pivots, preparing a second such attack in case he fails to cut down the gaijin.
Full Attack Posture '€" No Kata active.

Attack 1 and 2 are the same: 8k3 (+13 Honour and Kenjutsu Emphasis) (Free Kenjutsu Raise to ignore Heavy Armour Penalty) Full Attack Free Raises reduces TN to be Hit by -10.

Damage: 6k3+8 (Honour)