Chapter One: Laying the Foundation - Part One

The '€œGolden Age'€ of comic books ran from 1938 to 1955. It was also the era of the Great Depression, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and the atom bomb. Is it really any wonder people were looking for heroes?

Run by the GM Eanwulf
BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Interrogation - Granite Golem

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:05 am

Dr. Faustino receives the folder from Fathom after he has given them a quick once over. "If you don't mind. This may be something I can actually be of assistance with." his voice is somewhat bitter at his lack of combat abilities or perhaps just the number of times he has been blown up or shot in the past few hours. He makes the offhanded comment, "Make up words when you can not accurately describe your ideas. Translatorial-motion. Nitwit." and proceeds to read through the documents.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:03 pm

No sooner than Father Time has the papers in hand than he bends the flow of time around him. The good professor then begins to rifle through Dr. Kreisky's documents rather greedily. Before long Father Time would discover that it would appear that the good doctor had been working on some form of special project dealing with the process of Transporlateral Locomotion, otherwise known as the act of teleportation. The documents are vague at best and appear to be nothing more than the collection of Dr. Kreisky's observations during the various experimental tests and trials of his work. Father Time reads on and soon raises an eyebrow in skepticism as he realizes that Kreisky had decreed his findings on Transporlateral Locomotion as inconclusive and labeled them officially as yet another failed attempt at developing a newfound means of transportation for the United States Government.
Father Time's Notice check, DC 20, d20 + 7 = 23, Success.
It isn't very long before Father Time's brow finds itself furrowing scornfully in disgust while reading a section of Dr. Kreisky's report dealing with the various test subjects involved within the experiments. It would appear that the good doctor has cunningly included the names of the German commandos among those participants in his experiments, each one of their names cleverly disguised and hidden as anagrams!

Father time then realizes that he and his companions are no longer alone and quickly snaps himself back to the normal flow of time. It would appear that a detail of base security guards were the cause of the previous clamoring and commotion and that the last of their number was now entering Dr. Kreisky's research laboratory. The head of the security detail looks utterly puzzled and befuddled at the current situation and desperately awaits someone to fill him in as to what has just occurred.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Dr. Faustino flips through the pages in a curious flickering of motion as he seems both to be moving with preternatural speed but also taking his time with the task. When he speaks its to the party and seems to be ignoring the newly arrived guards, "It appears Dr. Kreisky here was attempting to develop teleportation and was running experiments on our friends who we had such problems with earlier. If his notes are to believed then these attempts were all failures, just another waste of government resources. But, it may be worth insuring extra security on those we have captured." His eyes move to the case where the device was removed. "Because either Dr. Kreisky gave these men the device or the codes... or, his experiments were more successful than he previously assumed."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Silver Scarab nods at what Dr. Faustino says. He had studied science along with all of his other subjects, and probably know parts of it better than most - radios and radio transmission, for one thing. But all this stuff that the good doctor was talking about was way beyond him. And so, the best he can manage is to nod and try and look like he's not too confused.

"What about that screwdriver thing we found?" he says. "Isn't that back at the lab being analyzed? It looks like it might fit there." He points at the spot on the machine. "Maybe it's as much a key as a tool."

"Let's go check with the scientist chaps here and see if they've figured out anything about it."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Paladin nods to the Scarab's comment. Sweat has beaded his brow, and he has kept a deathly silence, glaring daggers in the traitor doctor's direction. Within, the sword's command is simple, but he has been forced to grit his teeth in painful restraint - killing this man will not help find his dark masters.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Back At Lab Two

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:02 am

Despite the relative silence of players, I shall continue on as if you are returning to ask the scientists about the key and what not.
The group of heroes quickly makes their way back to Weapons Research Lab Number Two where they find Dr. Cooper and his associates being interrogated by Special Security Director Mike Casey.

'œI want to thank you once again for your cooperation Dr. Cooper. The Admiral will be pleased to hear that the Cavalier is all neatly tucked away all nice and safe'¦Ah good just the lot I wanted to see. I was just informing Dr. Cooper of our progress. It would appear that no visible signs of entry could be found along the base perimeter whatsoever. Not to mention that, very little could be gotten out of the prisoners either other than their blasted name, rank, and serial numbers. We did find it rather odd however, that the prisoners were in possession of '˜valid' base identification cards as well as one of our very own sonic-scanners. This of course, leads us to believe that they must have most assuredly gotten in with the aid of some form of an '˜inside-man'. Imagine that! A traitor in our midst! Man that tans my hide something fierce!'
Casey doesn't appear to have heard about your recent ordeal with Dr. Kreisky. Then again with all the chaos that has gone on after the break-in attempt it isn't any really any surprise that he is the proverbial day late and a dollar short right about now. Feel free to take it from here.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Back At Lab Two

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:29 pm

"Kreisky." Paladin's voice is soft through gritted teeth.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:52 am

Silver Scarab nods. "It does seem likely he's the chap behind the leak. He's unconscious right now - fainted dead away. But when he comes out of it, I think we're going to have some even more pointed questions for him."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:05 am

Paladin nods. The Scarab, more in control of his faculties by far, has spoken truly. The Englishman's calm helps him find his own, and when he speaks it is in calm, measured tones. "A darkness lurks in his soul. I saw it from the first, but was lax in my duties. Clearly he has given himself to diabolical ends."

Tesseract
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Back At Lab Two - GG

Post by Tesseract » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Granite Golem nods at Silver Scarab's accessment. "And someone else should interrogate him. I'm the reason he passed out. I need to work on my interrogation skills."