HoL aka: Human Occupied Landfill

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

HoL aka: Human Occupied Landfill

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:22 am

To all those I love and simultaneously frighten:

Who among you wishes to be part of an epic battle; one of survival, adult humor and just screwy fun unheard of in these part?

Well, HoL might be the game for you. It takes place on a prison planet, aka the Human Occupied Landfill. And yes, art of the planet is miles deep in garbage. Being thrown on this heap of refuse, you try to survive each and every day, all the while being filmed by remote camera's for a "family show" aired to the denizen's of C.O.W. (Conglomeration of Planets).

Every day finds you in the life and death perils of such things as roving gangs of Sodomy Bikers, trying to return your library books to the armored book-mobiles of the Dickens Boys, Wading through the toxic fumes and perils of the Diaper Swamps or bribing Dump Technicians for daily essentials. Oh and believe you me, plastic commemerative Eric Estrada action figures are at an all time high!

The game itself can be compared to the bastard child of either Aliens 3 and MAD magazine or something more akin to a Spaceballs and Idiocracy sandwich. Hell if those four things had a menage e quatro, it would still be pretty close. Throw in a few bits of humor, making fun of such things as childhood memories and Warhammer 40k and you've got it!

Drop a message in here if you know of the game or just look it up online!
Here's a few place to look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hol_(role-playing_game)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Orion/9670/

http://www.tlucretius.net/Hol/index.html

If you have the Meat, Nuts, Feets, Greymatta or Mouth to give it a try, come on down. Looking for about 4 players... And yes, it will be crazy :twisted:
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: HoL aka: Human Occupied Landfill

Post by MadVlat » Fri May 29, 2009 1:56 am

I can't believe your going to unleash this on Brennor's, think of the children man. That said my appearance fee will be a thousand aged grobules and a "Get out of sodomy free" card. Besides I think it would be interesting to play the part of Death's golfing caddy...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 29, 2009 3:10 am

Basically this seems like a perfect game. I'm going to have to put a qualified yes, as I'm still behind in all my games right now.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri May 29, 2009 5:15 pm

I won't be playing, but I'd like to encourage others to do so. HOL is a hilarious.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Awesome! As charracter creation and Holmeister approval is a LONG and drawn-out thing, I will have multiple pre-rolled characters to choose from. (You may even be able to play someone from the books if you really want to. But not Capt. Wacky!!! He's all mine!!!) Some of the choices that will be up include: The Son of Satan (and yes, he really is...), a Salsbury Scout (Think of a Hitler Youth on Crack and Speed with an abcess tooth...), A Clown (Clown College graduate and assasin/ninja/ringling brother entertainer all in one...), and even a couple of techies, an angry midgit looking to dispose of a ring and the avatar of the Scallop Totem that was once an evolved grape! How's that sit with you.

And MV, I haven't unleashed anything on Brennor's yet! Wait til you all go to the Sodomy Biker/ People's Kindred Army mixer... :)
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

I've even gone so far as to add to the pool a pleasure bot gone bad! Come on, this is golden...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm definitely interested in this thing, though if you get enough responses for the fun, I'll step aside to let others in.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:43 am

Looks as if three brave souls have stepped forward to meet the call of HoL... Very well! So it shall be, I'll start coming up with a thread for this (I'll be talking to Vardaen about that...) and start throwing up pregened characters for selection and stuff. And a section of rules and skill descriptions as well. That always helps! So, if we get some one else in the meantime, perfect. If not, a Holy Triumvarite it shall be!