Yggdrasill - My Personal Take

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Yggdrasil - My Personal Take

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:21 am

Yeah, it would essentially be the Physical Disability One-Eye (-2 Perception checks) to represent the sudden gift of foresight at an early age type ordeal. In all honesty, one would think this to be the perfect NPC rather than PC. I still haven't got any final manner of confirmation from Hayabusa so in all theory we could use the concept as a NPC TetNak is tied to protecting or something.

And @TetNak I could tie that concept into the game easily. I have the list of six champions sent out already.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:22 am

Also going to jump in here while I've most of you online:

How do you want us to handle chargen @Eanwulf? Seems Runes are meant to be literally cast by rolling 3d8!

And are you going to do what @TetNak did and allow us to create our own archetypes, or do we pick one of the core ones?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:29 am

@Olligarchy - Yggdrasil is the same as Keltia with their Archetypes. They merely serve as guidelines.
  • P 89.
    The only limitation for characters in Yggdrasill is this: only those chosen by Odin can become a berserker, or practice magic. In game terms, this means a player must choose the Savage Warrior or Initiate gifts to be able to choose the corresponding archetype.
@TetNak - If you play the shield maiden sister to one of the original run of heroes sent in, the name would be Rikard (the Red) a large imposing figure who fights with shield and war axe.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Unsung heroes, eh? How about an exiled kin-slayer (say, he killed his brother in a drunken brawl), seeking to redeem himself--at least in his own eyes, even if no one else cares.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Eanwulf wrote:@Olligarchy - Yggdrasil is the same as Keltia with their Archetypes. They merely serve as guidelines.
  • P 89.
    The only limitation for characters in Yggdrasill is this: only those chosen by Odin can become a berserker, or practice magic. In game terms, this means a player must choose the Savage Warrior or Initiate gifts to be able to choose the corresponding archetype.
@TetNak - If you play the shield maiden sister to one of the original run of heroes sent in, the name would be Rikard (the Red) a large imposing figure who fights with shield and war axe.
I'm not quite sure I know what this means.

Who sent in what, characters, Rikard? Is there something about this somewhere I missed?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 pm

@TetNak
My comments were based on the blurb you posted previously:
TetNak wrote:What about if the volva is my younger sister. We are daughters of a king. Our older brother was a great hero and hasn't come back from his epic quest
I was essentially referencing that if your brother was a great hero, why not make him one of the original six sent in to rid the Land of Song of evil but never returning. Rikard (the Red) being one of the six originally sent to do so.

Excerpt of Game Summary
A Moon ago, the six most powerful clans each sent their champion to discover the source of blight. The six never returned, nor has any trace been found. Putting aside his pride, Yngvar, the old Jarl of the Clans, has called for outlander heroes to aid the free peoples, promising great rewards and remembrance in song.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Ah - Yeah, just didn't know he was one of the original 6. But, yeah, that was my idea.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:30 pm

@Muskrat
Muskrat wrote:Unsung heroes, eh? How about an exiled kin-slayer (say, he killed his brother in a drunken brawl), seeking to redeem himself--at least in his own eyes, even if no one else cares.
I see no problem with this scenario, though I'd suggest you be exiled from somewhere other than Norway. Perhaps a Gaut/Beowulf type? Or even a warrior from Denmark. If you read up on King Frodi and his bloody rise to power, you could perhaps be of Sveijar Einarsson's bloodline. Already called a boot-licker by his people maybe the exile stemmed from an act that favored the new king's rise to power (i.e. brother kills brother). Just my initial thoughts.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 pm

I haven't had a chance to look at any of the Yggdrasil stuff yet. This has been a crazy week. I will try to dig into it this weekend and work on a character

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Do you want me to create a forum for this?