Yggdrasill - My Personal Take

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Yggdrasil - My Personal Take

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Yes please! I even sent you a PM about it.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Yggdrasil - My Personal Take

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Also...

@TetNak

I got a response from Hayabusa. He wants to play a powerfully built Hirdman and typical viking warrior type. As such, you could possibly be his shield-maiden. Perhaps brother and sister in arms? Twins even? Both could be Rikard's younger siblings and sent in to avenge the apparent loss of their brother. I'll be running Annehi, the teenage prodigy volva as a NPC.

This being said, I think 9 people total (8 players + 1 NPC) would be ideal for this campaign. The original number of heroes sent in originally (6) would have essentially been wrong, since most things in dreams or visions can very well be seen backwards or even upside down. Perhaps 9 this time was the proper number!

As such, we currently have 7/8 players:

@TetNak- Shield Maiden
@Hayabusa - Powerful Hirdman Warrior
@Olligarchy - Finnish Thrall Woodsman
@Tisben - Berserker
@Wbweather - Unknown
@Muskrat - Unknown
@Seosaidh - Unknown

And 1 NPC:

@Annehi - Young Prodigy Volva. Mostly blind and pretty much used for receiving omens and signs to help advance the plot when need be.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Yggdrasill - My Personal Take

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:18 am

TetNak has been so kind as to fashion us a forum.

HERE IS THE LINK!

We still have room for one more player too BTW! That'd give us 8 real people total + 1 NPC.

THANK YOU TETNAK!!!

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:19 am

Will this be interwoven with Keltia game?
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:27 am

Doubtful, unless TetNak and myself sit down to talk shop. I had plans of this particular game going in another direction than Briton but perhaps what does transpire might affect the Northmen in other ways. This being said, the two campaigns could be loosely related, I'm not sure however as I don't plan on involving the Great Isles.

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:29 am

Should we start posting character ideas in the other forum?

Also, we seem to have 4 warrior types pluse the npc volva. Do we 'need' another magic user, or is there enough differentiation between the warrior types? I'm trying to get a sense of what kind of character I should make, considering I have zero knowledge of the game (to be partially rectified tomorrow) and only a bit of knowledge about Scandinavian culture.
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:46 am

A skald skilled with galdr magic would be nice as would some kind of a runic blacksmith, perhaps rumored to have been taught the sacred arts by the dvergar. Both could still be capable warriors, but with magic on their side. There is also no stealthy types listed as of present other than the woodsman/bowman thrall Olligarchy is making. A true scout-type could prove beneficial.

And yes, there is a Character Creation Chatter thread already present on the new forum.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:01 am

Man i would have liked to get in on Keltia and now Ygg but timing has me busier than I thought. A few months ago I would have lept on this.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 am

On Cubicle 7's forums there was a guy who tried to update both the Keltia and Yggdrasill maps. His site is in some kind of Spanish it looks like, but he had hand drawn the maps. Below is a quick (drastically shrunken) look at them. The Scandia map is huge lol 199mb and the Keltia one is 15.5mb. If you open the images up in a new tab (right click select open jpg in ned tab) you can see them better. Should you like them lemme know or Google - Scandia Map Yggdrasill.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:30 pm

I was planning on making my character a wanderer (no, not an official archetype), so he could have scout-type skills/