Live Streamed Zombie Campaign

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Live Streamed Zombie Campaign

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:10 am

Now I want it just for the last line listed.

* The unique scenario structure supports any length of game, even if you survive well into the post-apocalypse

**EDIT**
Meh Zombie Apocalypse had the same line listed. It's nothing new in the way of rules for character advancement, just summarizing the lengths of time you could plan on running the various campaigns. Sigh...
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Hey @TetNak and @AdamDaBomb11 ... Query. Did you two guys actually want to use the End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse rules or those Zombie-World ones I have? I'm cool with learning either system TBH. I mentioned the End of the World ones in case of others wanting to run the extra supplements that they are printing, i.e. future game potential(s).
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:56 pm

I am fine with which ever you choose.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:03 pm

IMO Zombie-World actually allows room for some manner of character advancement. It is also probably the easier of the two systems to learn and adapt to suit the players' needs. I myself would probably prefer to play in something along the lines of End of the World: Alien Invasion mixed with Rise of the Machines. I could see a ton of fun with that type of setting. Sadly, those expansions aren't out just quite yet.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Whichever. Was looking forward to End of the World.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:28 pm

Really boils down to what you guys what TBH. A simple "roll 2d6, high = good" rules system or something a tad more complex "roll multiple d6 dice, 2 different colors/types, low = good".

My thoughts:
Zombie World uses a simple roll 2d6 mechanic. Add bonuses and/penalties to the roll and compare to the following. 6- fails, 7-9 succeeds but with some kind of a drawback or additional event taking place chosen by the player(s), 10+ succeeds w/o a hitch. You then have bonus stuff for 12+, etc.

End of the World also uses d6 but is a tad bit more oriented to number jumbling with its execution. You roll a number of positive dice and negative dice to determine success. If a negative die result equals one of the positive die results, you remove both from the table. If there are any leftover negative dice you suffer stress equal to the number of remaining negative dice. You can suffer 9 stress max before dying. There are three types of stress and death, physical/mental/social. You can opt to convert the stress into what is known as a trauma. You do so roughly in groups of 3, think of it as 1-3 stress = a minor trauma, 4-6 stress = a major trauma, 7-8 stress = a mortal trauma, 9+ stress = death. Each trauma takes time and materials to overcome and heal. When determining success of a roll, you want die results lower to or equal to the attribute being rolled.

As I said however, your call overall ;)

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:56 pm

We can do End of the World. I've read through it about 10 times now and it's pretty straight forward. I just hope we can pick it up easily enough. I'm not keen on the entire grocery list of supplies but understand why they do it in an apocalypse setting. Perhaps we can come up with something more akin to other systems where each person has a Supply Pool to represent their most commonly used/salvaged items. If they want to call upon a specific item, they can remove points from their pool to reflect this item being there. In turn, each day would then consume a supply point to indicate food and water, etc.

When would you want to try it out? I'd love something sooner than later TBH.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:28 am

I am pretty flexible on time and day.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:48 am

I have next week then I'm out of town for 1.5 weeks. Next week might be spoken for with star wars
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name