New Game Concept

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Re: New Game Concept

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:31 pm

If we were to do Clone Wars would we have to be those two or some different jedi. Or play bad guys from the dooku led seperatists. What are people thinking? Not all seperatists are bad. Some just didn't like the Republic.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:38 pm

WalterPeck wrote:If we were to do Clone Wars would we have to be those two or some different jedi. Or play bad guys from the dooku led seperatists. What are people thinking? Not all seperatists are bad. Some just didn't like the Republic.
hahah. That was one of my Star Wars character's background (Manh). He was a former-separatist (Dooku Dark Acolyte) who blamed the Jedi for working with the Emperor/Sith Lord. :) In the EU, there's a lot of gray area for making a sympathetic separatist.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:39 pm

TetNak wrote:I'm feeling very Star Wars after seeing the movie. Plus, now I have a much firmer grip on EotE after playing in Bo's game.

Perhaps we could do a reimaging of the Clone Wars. Maybe someone could play Obi-Wan and Anakin. Then we re-write our on prequels. Maybe some things to consider.
I'd be up for either. Just saw the movie, and I'm also super charged about SW. Plus having a new SW movie come out each year for the next few years, will help keep the motivation/inspiration going too.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm not sure the theme would be the same at all. Things that were referenced in any of the 4 other movies, 4-7, would still be canon.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:01 pm

I like the idea of a revised 1 - 3. The question becomes would people like to play Seperatists knowing how it ends (4 - 7) being canon. Play Obi / Anakin + pals knowing while the journey is different the ending is (mostly) the same. Or play another group of Jedi leading the fight in the Clone wars?
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:12 pm

And yet, maybe the Clone Wars didn't actually happen? Maybe there were not separatists. These things aren't actually stated in any other movies exactly.
We know Vader was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.
We know that the Emperor is Vader's master.
We know Vader is Luke/Leia's dad.
We know Storm Troopers are clones.
We know Vader is part machine.
The list above are the only major things I can think of that are actually stated or inferred in Episode 4-7 about Episode 1-3.

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Except in the message from Leia to Obiwan, "Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars..." I don't remember what Ben and Luke talked about though.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:18 pm

That's true.

I'm pretty sure they just talked about Vader in relation to Obi-Wan.

That really doesn't change much, just that the big conflict might be called the Clone Wars. Makes sense.

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:34 pm

I just went to the Retcon page out of curiosity and there is a ton of discrepancies in Lucas' own work so why not retcon 1 - 3. The Clone Wars provides a large canvas to paint struggles on be it with major characters like Obiwan, Luke, Padme or other "important" figures who saw little to no screen time or characters we make up. How many Jedi existed before Order 66? There are lots of opportunities to explore.

And the separatists as a whole are open to creativity. While the top of the food chain is evil there are a lot of parts within the organization that are grey or good intentioned people led astray.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:36 pm

I see no real reason to retcon 1-3. I mean, we could retcon small portions of it, if we didn't want the Clone Wars. I don't see a problem with them, really. We also don't have to focus on Obi-Wan and Anakin. Might be interesting, though.