Warhammer 40K looking for GMs and Players

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:16 pm

This is an idea I had some time ago when I read the announcements for these scenarios. We could run these four 40K scenarios at the same time, with different GMs and different players, with (if you like) some players playing in all four games or a GM playing in the game of another.
The adventures are interconnected and if you play them all, they promise to give a wider picture of the events. They are short scenarios written for a convention, so each has a number of encounters and fights with iconic foes. I guess no complicated plot twists should be expected. Anyway, as they are fairly short, you are probably not commiting yourself to a long-term project and they should be finished in a manageable amout of time.
Any interest? GMs and players?
Originally written for use at Gen Con Indy 2013, Binding Contracts, Falling Star, Shedding Light, and Salvaging Solace are adventures for Warhammer 40,000 Roleplaying. The four linked scenarios concern the fate of the Imperial world of Solace. While each adventure stands on its own as a complete module suitable for immediate play, a group that plays all four adventures will spot the connections between the events as they transpire around the hive world of Solace.

Each include a full adventure, pre-generated characters, and the profiles for any NPCs unique to the adventure. Each is designed to be run with the system for which it was written and requires a copy of the appropriate Core Rulebook to play.

Binding Contracts is a Black Crusade adventure which follows a group of Heretics as they pursue the prophecy of the Many-Eyed, a dread oracle of Chaos. The Ruinous Powers have whispered to her that Solace will end in fire when a star descends from the sky. They murmur that the terror and confusion this event brings about must be properly dedicated to the Chaos Gods.

Before this portent appears, the Heretics must infiltrate Solace and rally the wretched mutants that live beneath the hive. Then, once the star burns bright in the sky, they must lead their newly assembled army up one of Hive Solace’s spires, where they can cast down a rival sorcerer and take control of his ritual to summon a Daemon of unfathomable power to the Materium. If they succeed, the Heretics will have struck a blow against the Imperium within the Calixis Sector and won vast glory for themselves. If they fail, however, the unholy ritual could be their doom.

When an unknown voidship strikes the world of Solace, the surface shakes and the brave men and women of the Cadian 99th must gird themselves for battle once again in this adventure for Only War. Having just suffered losses campaigning in the Spinward Front, the Cadian 99th is caught on the outskirts of the catastrophe in the midst of a training exercise. In addition to the devastation the crash wrought, the impact has sent waves of mutants surging up from the underhive, and so the troopers must step forth into the breach to restore order to Hive Solace.

Unfortunately, this is only the start of the Player Characters’ troubles. As they struggle to bring Hive Solace under control, still more crises loom over them, and the troopers must go above and beyond their normal duties to have a chance of survival. With the lives of everyone on the planet—including their own—resting on their actions, the PCs are the last line of defence against the coming catastrophe. If they do not rise to the occasion and triumph against the odds, there will be no saving Solace.
In Falling Star, after centuries lost in the Warp, the Ardent Crown has returned in a degrading orbit around the world of Solace. This vessel vanished carrying a number of important relics, and in this Deathwatch adventure, a Kill-team has been assembled to board the derelict as it drifts toward the world of Solace, secure the sacred artefacts, and extract from the voidship.

However, the Battle-Brothers are not alone in their ambitions aboard the Ardent Crown. An Eldar Farseer also has designs for a particular relic, and leads an elite team of her allies in her quest to take it back. And while the Eldar are powerful and duplicitous foes, something even more terrible lurks aboard the Ardent Crown, stirring after aeons of cold slumber as footsteps fall once again on the long-abandoned decks. The Battle-Brothers of the Deathwatch must face these enemies, cast them down in the name of the Emperor, and escape the Ardent Crown before it plummets to its demise. The fate of the sector and the honour of the Deathwatch alike hang in the balance.

In this adventure for Rogue Trader, the Explorers delve deep into the ancient secrets of Solace. Solace was colonised by the Imperium in the final hours of the Angevin Crusade to unite the Calixis Sector, but its secrets wind perilously back into times forgotten by all but the most ancient. There have always been dark tales in Solace’s mines about the things that dwell beneath the world’s parched surface, but there have also been whispers of fortunes beyond the comprehension of any mortal.

These whispers have spread far and wide and have reached the ears of a daring Rogue Trader, a warrior-privateer who braves the dangers of the unknown in the name of incalculable wealth and glory. Now, an avid group of Explorers journey to Solace, delving deep into an ancient chasm that contains strange relics of forgotten aeons. But when a cataclysm rocks the world of Solace, the Explorers find themselves facing a terrible threat that is not pleased about its rude awakening.

LegitimatePancake
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Space Marine

Post by LegitimatePancake » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:30 am

I would be interested in participating in all of the separate campaigns, but the two I'd like to play in the most would be the Rogue Trader campaign and the Black Crusade game.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:26 am

I am in for all.. i will gm one is wantef
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:59 am

In the event that one of the characters from the two campaigns I'm currently in bites the dust, I would be more than happy to embark on such an epic tale. Personally I'm predisposed towards Deathwatch and Black Crusade (I'm really itching to play a Space Marine of some kind, and not because they're overpowered or anything mind you) since I've got the core books and most of the supplements for them. I'm also fairly fond of Only War and Rogue Trader, but DW and BC would be my first choices.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

lord of pixies
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Spymaster

Post by lord of pixies » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:14 am

I've just started to build a Table-top 40K army (My poor wallet...) so im loving all things 40K right now. Mark me down as interested. Open to play in any number of the games.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:46 am

Ok, I could GM Only War and/or Rogue Trader. Could we find GMs for Black Crusade and Deathwatch? (you would have to cope with my traditional summer slowness in July/August).
Of course, if anyone wants to GM Only War or RT (Tet?) that is also perfectly cool. Any ideas how we could do this better?

Only War (GM: ??; players: ??)
Rogue Trader (GM: ??; players: ??)
Black Crusade (GM: ??; players: ??)
Deathwatch (GM: ??; players: ??)

Interest:
  • Vardaen (GM, player)
  • lord of pixies
  • Hermit?
  • LegitimatePancake (player)
  • Grimbold (GM, player)
Haya? Tet?
Anyone else?

Which game(s) would you like to play in? (as player, if there are enogh free places, you could do all four!)
Which game(s) would you like to GM?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:54 pm

Well, I'd love to play and run, but I'm seriously behind on everything as it is. And we're talking about pre-created adventures, which I've never run. I dunno if it really works for me on either level.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Maybe we need a little array with player and GM spots for all the games.

I would love to play in Deathwatch first, then I can GM one of the other modules. As a short sort of one off campaign from the books shouldn't be to hard to run them. I'm very familiar with DH but I can run BC or OW. I'm not a big RT fan so that's last on my list.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Why you hate on RT so much? It is honestly my favorite of them all.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Re: Warhammer 40K looking for GMs and Players

Post by Hermit » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 am

TetNak wrote:Why you hate on RT so much? It is honestly my favorite of them all.

I never said I hated it, it's just not my most favorite. Normally my first choice would be Dark Heresy, but I'm strictly 2nd Edition and I have the distinct impression that DH 1st Ed. is the preferred version here on Fellowship, so that leaves me with either BC or DW (kind of straddling the fence between those two), and like I said I'm really keen on a Space Marine, whether he be Loyalist or Traitor.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu