Warhammer 40K looking for GMs and Players

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Sukrai
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Warhammer 40K looking for GMs and Players

Post by Sukrai » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:56 am

Black Crusade and Deathwatch are the two I'd be interested in! Haven't done DW yet, but I have an existing character idea I want to use in BC.
I'm not suffering from insanity, I happen to like it!

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:27 am

Each of them is a short scenario of about 30 pages with pre-made characters (roughly 8-10 pages) so if you include the background to the world of Solace, the scenarios themselves should make up 10-20 pages. Not very long and not a lot to prepare.

Sukrai: There are premade characters - so maybe one fits your idea, or you could talk to the GM if you might use your charakter idea.

Hermit: DH is not on the list. But if you want to start GMing a separate game, that might be interesting. (nudge, nudge!)

Only War (GM: Vardaen; players: Lord of Pixies, Grimbold)
Rogue Trader (GM: Grimbold; players: Lord of Pixies, Legitimate Pancake, Vardaen)
Black Crusade (GM: Vardaen; players: Grimbold, Sukrai, Lord of Pixies, Hermit?, LegitimatePancake)
Deathwatch (GM: Grimbold; players: Vardaen, Sukrai, Lord of Pixies, Hermit?)

I tentatively put V and me up as GMs. Please post here if anything is a mistake or you would prefer a different roster. I am ok with any changes. I would also love to play in RT if someone (Tet?) wants to gm it.

I am also not too familiar with the DW books, so if anyone who is more at home wants to GM that, I am happy to play in it instead.

Tet? (maybe just play/gm just one?)
Haya?
Anyone else?

bluntpencil2001
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by bluntpencil2001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:32 am

What are the available characters? I have ideas for DW characters, but if they've been premade that's okay too.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Deathwatch Techmarine here, if you need one.

And if you need someone, someplace or it won't work I think I can jump in there too. Sadly, GMing is something I cannot do at this time.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:59 pm

I was talking to V
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 pm

The Dark Heresy for this would be 1st Edition since this is a 1st Ed adventure group. I haven't even looked at 2nd Ed personally, just cant' afford more books!

I'm with Hermit, something about being trapped on the ship for much of it, shipboard combats and things never get me too interested, and it just.... isn't as exciting. I've played in a few RT and never got too into it. I can see the draw, the freedom it provides in a normally more restrictive setting, but not my cup of tea.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:17 pm

I guess we first need to find GMs and then you can talk to the GMs about character ideas or the available premade ones.

V pmed me with the idea to have 4 different GMs, which I think would be great. Anyone for DW? If things get too tight we could also do only 3 of the games.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Just to let you know, I likely won't be able to GM the RT part of this, so please don't count me in.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Out of curiosity, for those of us interested in Deathwatch, are we strictly confined to choosing Chapters that have been fully established and what have you (i.e. Blood Angels, Ultramarines, Iron Hands, etc.), or are we allowed to fabricate our own Space Marine Chapter? If the latter is permitted, I've definitely got some ideas whirling about in my brain for just such a possibility.

I also wanted to ask with regards to character sheets, is there a specific type of character sheet we'll be using to keep track of things (i.e. Excel, PDF, etc.)?
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 pm

If I am running DW (ie if no one else wants to do it - anyone??), I guess we should start out with the premade characters. I have never played the game so probably you know much more about it. Maybe we can get someone to run a follow up (or parallel game) with the whole set of rules and home-made characters. But for this, I guess I am going to stick to what is in the pdf. If you all insist, and think you will have a lot more fun with home-baked PCs (and chapters), we might (maybe) do that. I will have to look through the scenario first and decide what works.

V: could we get a forum for this? Do you think we should create 4 forums, or just one with 4 game threads...? What do you think? I think I prefer the second option, that way we can have a common Solace background info thread. In the threads, we can sort out who plays what and GMS what and stuff.