Savage Tide Reboot

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Okay, so Vardaen has been bugging me long enough, I'm ready to reboot Savage Tide (Pathfinder). But to do that, I'd need one or two more players. At present I have Vardaen, AdamDaBomb, and Eilandor. Can I get one or two more?

The action will take up in the middle of the adventure at 9th level. The group will be on the island of Farshore in the days and weeks after a large pirate attack. Characters could be any of the following:
- new arrivals from the city of Sasserine
- natives looking for adventure
- residents of the outpost of Farshore

We currently have a magus and a druid (and whatever Eil decides to play), so there are options available.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Scout89 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Me me me!
I have no idea what I'd play though.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm the Magus, and playing. Eilandor mention being a Shaman.

Sound like we need some rogues and tanks to round us out.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

OptimusReim
Level 3
Level 3

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by OptimusReim » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:59 pm

I would be interested for sure! I'm alright playing either martial or rogue-like character, which lookalikes what we need.

Posting on my gf's iphone at a conference, it has no Swype and typing isaweful, so I edited it like four times.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:08 pm

My Druid is actually built somewhat like a Barbarian but without rage. He is a frontliner who is also able to cast spells.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Okay, we have:

Vardaen: Magus
AdamDaBomb: Druid
Eilandor: Shaman (?)
Scout: (?)
OptimusReim: (?)

Now we just need to figure out what classes the others will be and how they will be introduced.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Scout89 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:29 pm

I'm building a catfolk rogue, if that race is allowed. If not, I'll still play a rogue, just not sure the race. Human, maybe. Please share a sheet.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Normally I'd say no to a catfolk, since that's not a regular race in Greyhawk. But we're on the Isle of Dread, where there are all sorts of weird things, including a lost race of catfolk. (You could be from a dying tribe of them - turns out they're not all gone after all.) If you're willing to be a savage catfolk rogue from the Isle of Dread, I'd be willing to allow it. But if you want to be an urban catfolk, then that just doesn't exist on Greyhawk.

You would definitely be one-of-a-kind, though, and would draw attention wherever you went. There would be absolutely no possibility of blending in with society. So beware if that's the kind of rogue you want. There are enough weird monsters in Greyhawk that you wouldn't be hunted down. But you'd draw attention wherever you went that was civilized.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Scout89 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Human it is!

EDIT: There's an exotic weapon that is listed in the Ultimate Equipment book, but not in the SRD. Can I use it, @Trogdor?
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Savage Tide Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:49 am

What is the weapon?