Mage: The Ascension (Openings)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:29 pm

So I've had a couple players drop out of my Mage: The Ascension campaign, and I'm looking for a couple more to come on board. The campaign is set in modern-day San Francisco, although since this the World of Darkness setting it will be more dystopic than normal.

The party had a run-in with a hostile spirit manifesting during a festival in Japantown, and they took her down like some big damn heroes. That got the attention of the local Council of Magi, who have invited them to a Convocation to hopefully become more involved in the larger magical community (and hopefully form their own Cabal). This is a great time to have some new players come in to the mix, and I'm open to really any sensical character concept. Maybe you're part of an established Cabal and you don't quite fit in, or an independent loaner looking for friends, or someone simply new to the area. Or something else.

If you don't know the System, that's fine. The basic skills are rather simple, and the magic system is very fluid. I also like going with the "Rule of Cool" with the system, so if you can't quite manage the exact magical effect you're looking for, we can find something similar. Or in one case during the battle with the spirit, introduced some Wild Magic effects as a mage tried to cast spells above her weight class.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:45 pm

*ping* Just putting this back up there, in case anyone is interested and didn't see it the first time.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 am

Literally never played Mage, but will give it a shot if it's still open!

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Absolutely! New people to the system totally welcome. Most of my players hadn't played in this System before anyways. Feel free to pop into the OOC Chatter, and we can get started introducing you to the World/System, and get started on character creation.