Any interest in another Star Wars game? (Mandalorians)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:08 pm

I think I'm going to go with the Commander career from Age of Rebellion.

I'm imagining the character as having come from a Clan (maybe Clan Ren, given what Shurijo said above?) that has tried to reconcile the beliefs of the New and Old Mandalorians, by viewing Mandalorian warriors as defenders of the peace and guardians of the weak.

My character would be a candidate to inherit leadership of the Clan and therefore feel a lot of pressure to perform well. They take their duties and honor very, very seriously and can come across as a bit rigid. In their spare time, however, they pursue their artistic passions.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Also for those interested, Imperial Cadet is also available as an option since the Empire established an Academy there, which would have been your childhood years.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:36 pm

Shurijo, will you move forward with just the two of us or do you want to wait and see if you get more interest?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Two is fine with me. I'll work on ideas and set up a forum over the weekend, if both of you are still on board.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:03 pm

I am on board right now. 2020 is an unpredictable year, but I'll give it my best. ;)

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:21 pm

I'm still on board. However, I have a ton of final papers and exams to grade. Though I suppose I might write up the character as a break from them.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:11 pm

I'm curious to everyone's ideas on character sheets.

I've always used Google Spreadsheets on this website, since most people have access to it and 10+ years ago, we had auto-calculation Excel spreadsheets that we imported. However, there's a few good char sheet websites out there.

Do you prefer:

A) the Google Spreadsheets that we're using in the Jedi game?

B) SWSheets.com One of my other SW game character sheets

C) RPGSessions.com Another of my other SW game character sheets

RPGSessions allows importing OggDude's XML files (although it worked once, but failed for me a few times later). For free version, it only imports the specialization trees with talent names (not descriptions) so same as basic OggDude app, but you can edit those once its imported or add new ones. It also has a pretty nice attachment/modification system on items which does some auto-math for you.

I'll create the forum this weekend and post the background, char gen details, etc. We probably won't start until another 2 weeks, to give time for char gen and me to finalize game plans. But then it'll be the Holidays, so the pace during the end of December will just depend on how many players are available (due to pandemic, there might be more availability this year than before).

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:23 pm

New forum created. Initial Char gen rules posted. If you have any questions, post them there.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:13 am

I like the look of C best, but I think I'm good with sticking with spreadsheets for keeping everything together.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Honestly, I just prefer writing up my own character sheet in Word--that way I can organize the information in a way that's intuitive to me and makes it easy for me to keep track of my various abilities.