New Pathfinder Game (GMed by ManWithDoor)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 24, 2021 5:51 am

Hello all! I want to start up another Game here, and was looking through the Pathfinder Adventure Paths for ideas.

My eye is currently on Tyrant's Grasp, the final Pathfinder 1st Ed Adventure Path that Paizo released. It centers around the resurgence of the ancient evil lich-king the Whispering Tyrant! The adventure has a solid theme, which I'll quote from the Player's Guide:

The overall theme of Tyrant’s Grasp is survival horror. The player characters will often find themselves in desperate circumstances with limited resources, particularly during the first few adventures. Terrible tragedies are destined to occur as the events of Tyrant’s Grasp unfold; often, your objective isn’t to prevent these disasters, but to survive them and to display heroism and resourcefulness in their wake. Circumstances will compel the player characters to leave Roslar’s Coffer much sooner than you might expect, so characters prepared to travel across Lastwall and beyond are the best fit for this Adventure Path.

I am open to other ideas. I've also been looking up Carrion Crown (actually the first attempt for the same lich-king to come back from death), or Return of the Runelords (I'm now realizing there's a common plot theme in the APs I'm looking through).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 25, 2021 3:14 pm

If you get enough people or are 1 short, I could maybe join in. Pathfinder takes 0 mental bandwidth for me to play so I should be okay if you don't mind slower posting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed May 26, 2021 1:04 am

I'm potentially interested, but not really with Tyrant's Grasp. I actually own that set and started running it before COVID blew up all my plans last year, so I know it pretty well and have the whole plot spoilered. But also I really don't care for the AP itself. They make a few narrative choices are are so very meh.

I've played a bit of the first book of Carion Crown. I do know that CC is a bit of a meat grinder for PCs unless you build optimized characters (which, I guess standard Vardaen rules let us do). I would much prefer Return of the Runelords myself as it would be entirely new for me.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 27, 2021 7:22 pm

So how about Return of the Runelords then? Anyone else interested?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Thu May 27, 2021 11:48 pm

I'd be interested
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat May 29, 2021 2:51 pm

Return of Runelords forum and OOC forum at https://www.dicefellowship.org/viewforum.php?f=1035