The nine stars

A place for the Vworld GMs to talk and make sure they don't accidentally break someone's setting.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The nine stars

Post by Bitom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:44 pm

OK, now that we have this forum, I think it's important that we talk about the nine stars, what they do and what they mean.

In the beginning, there was maha. 9 stars flew by. No problem

Then there were Zak and WG. 9 stars flew by. also no problem.

Then there was Maz. One star hits the ground. I do not remember Way mentioning the other 8 at all.

Then there was AR. The 9th star hits the divides. I have been assuming that the remaining 6 hit the ocean between AR and Maz.

Then there was IOB, and V made up this thing about the stars coming from a constellation called "The Beast" which changed the constellation forever.

Now it looks like one of the stars hit in IOB, and I am confused. If it hit there, there would have been 8 passing by in the rest of the world, and many other settings are screwed. So what happened? I'm not asking for big secrets here, just want an assurance of consistancy.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The nine stars

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:48 pm

I really don't understand what you are asking or why you are confused.

I only had been told one star hit in Aratta. Where the other stars landed are completely unknown or untold. Its apparent none landed in Zakhara, WG, or Maha. That's about it.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 pm

The other 6 landed in the Hordelands, there...I said it. DIBS!

JK, you can keep your silly stars : P

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:12 am

If it hit in IOB, how was it seen halfway around the world in AR?

We have determined that Vworld is round, like Earth. If one hit in IOB, thenit never would have been seen in AR or NLS

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:30 am

I was under the impression, that the moment the stars passed over IoB something burst from the sea. Not that one of the stars hit there. I agree with Bit, if one of the stars did land in IoB this totally mucks up everyything.

9 Stars appear over IoB, 'falling' out of the constellation known as The Beast, changing its appearance forever. (Very Lycanthrope I thought). They zoom west over WG, HL, Maha, and Zak however Zak is due south of Aratta so this means the stars sort of had to be going at an slight angle, not Due West. The last 8 stars zoom over the ocean, one lands in Maz the other 7 just sort of fade off into nothing, not hitting aything or ever landing.

If we assume they are actually commets or meteorites, then they just burn up in the atmosphere.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:37 am

Well, it is possible that a star passed over everything (including Maz) and then hit IoB.

It wouldn't appear to be the sixth though, it'd seem like the 10th, but it is quite possible with Vworld being round.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:39 am

Yeah. How the stars passed through the sky isn't explained. Plus, in the sky, especially that far out, the falling through something way high up, could be seen in Aratta if it hit IoB. The impact, no, but the falling yes.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:46 am

If we wanted to get real picky the settings are already a bit broken when it comes to the stars to be honest. IoB and Arrata are on opposite sides of the world, but the star fall happened at night in both cases.

I have no idea when they fell in Maz, but I get the feeling that was at night too.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:50 am

They aren't as far away as you'd think. IoB = West Asia, Aratta = Europe. It was earlier night in IoB, so it could have been night in Ar as well. At least that was my feeling.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:51 am

The problem is, it IS explained. All of the stars streaked across the AR sky travelling from east to west in order, and originated in a constellation in the southeastern sky of maha.

The only way this is possible is if they travel across the sky in a generally northeastern direction (More east than north.)

I have no problem with one circling the globe and hitting IOB, but if "The Beast" is in the southeastern sky of maha, than anything that seemed to come from there would have to pass over IOB first before passing over maha and going on to AR.

So how can 9 stars pass over IOB, with the 6th one hitting, and then pass over the rest of the world?