The nine stars

A place for the Vworld GMs to talk and make sure they don't accidentally break someone's setting.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The nine stars

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:25 am

Dude. If you look up in the sky at a star in England, you can see it in Thailand as well.

Anyway, like I said, its not a big deal to me.

However, to defend myself, a chat log (not sure who logs chats on IRC) is not sufficient. The timeline says:

A group of nine falling stars tinted blue streak across the night sky. The stars are forever after known as the Nine Flawed Sapphires are considered an ill omen by pretty much everyone.

That is not very specific.

And really, if they are not stars, as the definition as everyone on Earth would know them, then that should be noted. Because I envisioned these things like shooting stars, which is viewable nearly everyone, except when weather factors are involved.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:32 am

The sky above IoB would be below the horizon line of Ar if we are talking about a single instant. If a star hits IoB when it is night time in IoB, it will not be visible from Ar. Ar would be facing the sun at that point. If things work like on earth, then it just isn't possible Tet.

If the star made a lap of the world, a star split and part hit IoB, and part continued, or there was a tenth star that hit IoB and the other settings didn't see are really the only things that make sense IF Vworld works like earth.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:35 am

Anyway ....

Totally irrelevant now as I've edited my post.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:40 pm

Things do work like earth for the most part. Its day on side of the world, night on the other, etc.

I did notice something that I did change since that chat.
[12:22] Vardaen: In the sky, there is a constellation, called The Beast. Its made up of 9 stars. All 9 of them fall, the constellation vanishes as the 9 stars fall from it
I thought that the constellation still remained, and didn't vanish, since its not really a SUN that is crashing into vWorld. So the 9 'stars' are visible in the Beast for a long long time, and then, when they fall 'out of' it it looks different now, but doesn't vanish all together.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:47 pm

Can we actually write up a nice, clean, theme post here about the stars?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name