Wang Guo Redux

A place for the Vworld GMs to talk and make sure they don't accidentally break someone's setting.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Wang Guo Redux

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Alright folks, I'm not totally happy with WG as it stands.

Are you guys?

I'm not sure if it is that the Empire is already formed and that it doesn't feel really put together well (my fault) or what.

I almost want to redo the theme for WG's history to some degree. Not the old history stuff, but the newer stuff.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Wang Guo Redux

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:35 pm

I think it might be a bit more interesting to have the Empire forming as the current vworld timeline is unfolding.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:06 pm

That's what I was thinking.

Part of the doom could be the Imperial take over of the independance nations. Then the players can help shape how that comes about.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Alright vWorld DMs. I Really want to revamp Wang Guo quite a bit. After two failed games in this setting its clear that something needs to be done, and I want to do it before my new WG game starts.

The main change I want to make is the settings timeline. My idea is that the 7 Provinces are still seperate provinces at this point. None of the old history is changing, just the current stuff.

Code: Select all

-22	The Master of Wood vanishes without a trace.                                              Li Lianjie born.
-18	The allied armies of Tu Di Kui and Ri Tang Shao invade the island nation of Hang Hai Yuan Dao. The War of the Empire begins.                                             Lu Zhou born in Tu Qing.
-16	Hang Hai Yuan Dao falls, the Great Bridge is Broken during the campaigns in the early parts of the year.                        Chao born in Tu Qing.
-15	Tu Di Kui invades Tian Xia  while Ri Tang Shao invades Fei Hu Dui Bang in coordinated attacks.
-14	Battle of Cold Water River takes place, the monks and priests of Tian Xia withdraw, refusing to bring the power of the Shen to bear again in the war. Many shaman in the other nations also follow suit, including among Yun Juman's forces.  Mu Shi Ling the Holy One capitulates her rule to Yun Juman and goes into exile. Tian Xia joins the growing empire.
-13	The Alliance of Dancing Lotus.  Fie Xing Bai He and Fei Hu Dui Bang and the Kokaha barbarians form an official alliance, even though for years The Land of Stone has been supplying the Flying Tiger Nation with food and weapons and mercenaries. The Kokaha barbarians first enter into the war here supplying horses and manpower in several key battles. Their foreign tactics and brutal horsemanship keeps the Empire at bay for a bit longer.
-11	The Kokaha barbarians withdraw all support from the war and ride away west without much explanation. Later it is found out events in Mahasarpa forces this move.
-10	Fei Hu Dui Bang, Flying Tiger Nation's destruction is complete with the razing of its Great Tiger Temple and the raiding of the tombs of its former kings. The bodies of the kings are lost or ruined in the riots that plague the capital.                                  Meng Chen-Wei born in Tu Qing.
-9	Wu Ming born in Tu Qing.
-7	For the last three years Wang Guo has suffered riots and internal warfare among nationalists and rebels. The war in the north stalls as Yun Juman turns his attention inward for three years to solidify his rule. A failed assassination attempt on his life takes place, but the assassin's identity is unknown and his birthright appears to be of an unknown foreign power. 
-6	Tu Qing is finally invaded by the Empire of Wang Guo during the Battle of Weeping Fire. The current Master of Air is slain by Lu Yang the Master of Fire.
-3	The Scattering of the Heirs. King Meng Zhiou is advised by Lu Yang 'œThe Great One Eyed Wizard' of the emanate fall of his nation and the murder of his children by Yun Juman, Meng sends his children into hiding to prevent their deaths.
-1	Lu Yang faces the Elemental Masters of Water and Metal and is imprisoned in a jade prison.
1	The fall of Tu Quing marks the end of the resistance of the independent nations.  Meng Zhou is executed. A new calendar is put in place to mark its birth. The Empire is declared official.
2	The Kokaha barbarians return. They remain independent but Yun Juman declares that their lands are now part of Wang Guo by virtue of their previous retreats. The Kohaha Khan ignores his declaration. Neither side declares war, and no armies march against the others. Things simply remain as they are.
3	All former names of the nations are banned, and removed from history by Imperial scribes. New province names are put in place.
4	Over the next 2 years Yun Juman the Glorious Emperor sets to work repairing the damage of the war. He begins many important civil projects, including a new road system, rebuilding of the temples,  and the construction of an Imperial Fleet for exploration across the western seas. For most people it is a prosperous time, and the benefits of a unified Empire are being reaped. Resistance in the now named Sheng Rui Xue still exists but is isolated and has no far reaching effects.
7	New Elemental Masters are put in power to fill the void left during the war. There is much debate over this as always the Masters have picked their own, now the Emperor has declared their appointment for the first time in history.
10	Campaign Begins, Fahng wakes from slumber.
I supose it isn't so bad really after rereading it. However I think think allowing the players to have a hand in the war instead of being in the aftermath might be more itnresting. I think we should bump the timeline up to something like this

Code: Select all

-6	The Master of Wood vanishes without a trace.                                              
-4	The allied armies of Tu Di Kui and Ri Tang Shao invade the island nation of Hang Hai Yuan Dao. The War of the Empire begins.                                           
-2	Hang Hai Yuan Dao falls, the Great Bridge is Broken during the campaigns in the early parts of the year.                        
0               vWorld time begins. Fahng wakes up.
We hve to work out some reason the WG folks leave to IoB but that's easy enough really.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Any sort of strife in Hang Hai Yuan Dao. What about some sort of civil war, which was the precursor to the invasion that was to happen?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:38 pm

Bit and I both agree, the provinces have probably warring with one another for plenty of years. There would be any dozen of reasons for people to leave WG whenever. Boardskirmish, warlords rising to power, failed coup, etc, etc. You can still have your refugees at any time.

One thing is, what do we do about the 2 other games. Do they just not count? Or what? The only thing that REALLY matters is that Fahng is woken up with th Shadar-Kai and then travels to Maha 2

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:39 pm

Alternate timeline. They don't have to count. Fahng woke up, went to Maha. He never mentioned what happened exactly, so I think its okay.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Alright. Then what I'll do is fix the timeline, update some history files, and start WG off at the time period of the 9 falling stars.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Yeah, I'm fine with whatever.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:54 pm

This thread never cam up as unread for me...weird.

I am fine with the changes.