Port Wreck: Hangar Charlie

Transitional periods are always ripe with opportunities for those who want to seize them. Such is a time, with the Vilani in serious decline and the Terran Confederation on the rise. Mercenaries, Freebooters, smugglers and bounty hunters all busy as can be. A GURPS 4E Game.

Run by GM Grimathor
Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Port Wreck: Hangar Charlie

Post by Grimathor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:01 pm

Current Sector: The Dingir subsector
Current Location: Port Wreck, currently orbiting Saris

The Dingir subsector is often called the "Smuggler's Heaven by Terran Free Traders. Not only are many of the region's star systems thinly populated and badly patrolled, but some members of the local population enthusiastically cooperate with Terran smugglers. Many a Free Trader ship has arranged to meet with a Vilani counterpart in the outer fringes of some local star system. Of course, the Imperial Navy has become aware of this practice and has stepped up patrols in the region.

But the Free Traders have figured out a way around that too, at least for now. Their answer, Port Wreck. A free floating space station that is never in the same place twice. It is called Port Wreck because it looks like one, or a rather a bunch of wrecks bolted and welded together into something that some would call art. But it functions admirably in it's duties. Part space port and part smuggler's haven, it is not a place for the dainty or lawgivers.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

In the Booter's Bay

Post by Grimathor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:12 pm

The Booter's Bay is bustling as always, with all manner of folks from Terrans to Imperials and many others. Having berthed the Nomad in one of the hangars for repairs and maintenance, Eric and Theodore get to relax in a bar while the rest of the crew sees to the needs of the Nomad. Their waitress comes over with their drink order, a short but attractive terran woman with a smile for everyone. "Can I get you two gents anything else", she asks setting their drinks down in front of them. Although it is nice to be here and relax, they are actually awaiting a new contract, something Eric's uncle set up for them.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: In the Booter's Bay

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:29 pm

"Something to snack on," Eric replies, his voice friendly and warm. "Whatever you think is good. I trust your judgment." He flashes the waitress a smile. "We're waiting for someone and I'm not sure how long we may be."

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:38 pm

"Sure thing, suggah and how about you sweety?" she says, returning the smile.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:06 pm

Ted shrugs... "I dunno. Something to drink. Not hungry, but a drink would hit the spot, I think."

Ted looks around the area once again, like he has for the last several minutes. The boredom is setting upon him from the wait already.

He picks up a dispensor of some sort and idly begins trying to figure out how to take it apart.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:16 pm

"All right hun, I'll get what your friend is drinking, be right back with that." The waitress heads back to the bar. She returns a short while later with Ted's drink and sets it down in front of him.

The wait isn't terribly long and before long Eric's palm pilot chimes in informing him that their contact has arrived on the station and will be in the Bay in about thirty minutes.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:21 pm

"We've got about a half hour Ted," Eric says, looking up from his palm computer. "Time enough at least for a bite to eat. I'm afraid I don't know too much about the job, but it's something my Uncle Rick tossed my way, so hopefully it won't be too dodgy."
Ted would know that Uncle Rick is a high officer in the Terran Navy (captain at least, maybe admiral - Grim?). He's occasionally given us assistance or helped us find work.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:04 pm

The time passes rather quickly and around the fourty minute mark, an elder man walks up to your table and introduces himself "Good evening to both of you." Looking to Ted, he says "You are Eric, aren't you? Your uncle sent me. My name is Ryland Jefferies, mind if I have a seat?"
Your uncle sent a picture of the man and the man before you is not the man from the file that your uncle sent you. According to the file you were given, the name is right but the face isn't even close. Other than a name and a face, all you know is that your uncle trusts him and he should be able to keep you quite busy.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:16 pm

"Not at all," Eric replies, gesturing to an empty seat. "please join us."

As he did so, his mind works overtime. Is this a trap? he thinks. Has Uncle Rick's agent been compromised? Or is it a test? I wouldn't put it past Uncle Rick to do that.

"We've been looking forward to hearing what you have to say," he adds. "do you want something to drink or eat as we talk?"
Do I get anything from Detect Lies or Boby Language?

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:10 pm

Ted laughs a little bit as the man assumes that he is Eric. Eric is quick to speak, however, so Ted looks the man up and down while Eric speaks.

He waits for the other man to sit down before he looks back at Eric, a quick glance passing. Apparently Ted has also noticed the differences between the pictures. He says nothing at this time, however, returning his gaze to the newcomer to the table. His fingers continue to work with the item, even with his eyes not on it.