Port Wreck: Hangar Charlie

Transitional periods are always ripe with opportunities for those who want to seize them. Such is a time, with the Vilani in serious decline and the Terran Confederation on the rise. Mercenaries, Freebooters, smugglers and bounty hunters all busy as can be. A GURPS 4E Game.

Run by GM Grimathor
Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Re: In the Booter's Bay

Post by Grimathor » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:53 pm

"Sure that would be great", the stranger says sitting down. Motioning the waitress over he says, "I'll drink whatever they are having and I would like some kind of stew or something hot to eat, thanks toots." The waitress smiles and giggles at the 'toots' comment. "Sure thing, mister." She says and than looks to Ted and Eric, "Would either of you gents like anything else?"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:58 pm

Ted shakes his head. "Naw, nothing else for me right now. Thanks."

He takes another pull off of his drink, waiting for the newcomer's food & drink to arrive so that they can get down to the business at hand.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:00 pm

Eyeing Eric's glass and seeing it mostly full yet, she turns around walks off.

Turning around, the stranger says" Well now that my food is on the way, I guess we can get to business. So from what I gather from your uncle, the pair of ye are looking for some work eh? How do you two feel about bounty hunting?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:41 pm

"It's legitimate work," Eric replies evenly, "though not exactly the kind of job we were expecting from this meeting." He gives the man an appraising look.

"Can you give us some of the details?" he adds. "Then we can tell you whether we think it's within our capabilities."
Still waiting to hear if Detect Lies or Body Language tells me anything about this guy.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 pm

"Well the man you are after is a terrorist, he is on the run from Terran and Imperial forces for various terrorist activities against both sides", he says.
Body language tells he is very nervous. Detect lies tells you he is lying about who he is but not about the bounty mission.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:09 pm

"What can you tell us about him?" Eric continues. "Last known location; known capabilities; known associates; significant assets - anything that will help us find him." He looks the man right in the eye. "At this point, we don't even know his name. Hard to find a man under those circumstances."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:57 pm

Ted looks on as Eric begins to work the newcomer just like he works machines. A smile creeps across his features, but he doesn't say anything. Eric has asked all the relevant questions.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm

The man answers, "Unfortunately there isn't much that is truly known about him except that he is terran and used be part of the Navy. All we have is his last know whereabouts and a poor image of him." Reaching in his jacket, the man brings out a vid pad with a very fuzzy picture of a shadowy figure leaving a building, terran judging by design.

"This was taken just before the building was destroyed, the camera that took the image was damaged in the blast. He goes by Darren among terrans and Thoryln among the imperials, but we assume neither is his real identity. He excels what he does, so I think it is safe to assume he is well off. I can't say what he is capable of as we don't know where he was trained, although we suspect he has terran training perhaps as a member of the naval special forces. Currently we believe he is in this sector, perhaps on Saris itself or this station."

The waitress comes over with his order and puts it down in front of him, he says "Thanks" and puts some money down on her tray. She smiles and leaves quickly.

"What else do ye need?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:26 pm

"What else do I need?" Eric says as he drums his fingers on the table and cocks his head to the side. "Only one more thing I can think of." He stops the drumming and looks the man straight in the eye. "Answers."

"Who are you?" He asks quickly. "What happened to the man who was supposed to meet us? How can you authenticate who you are? And why shouldn't I take you to the nearest Navy ship for questioning?" His questions come rapid fire, in a command voice that has left many a midshipman a quivering mess in years past.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:32 pm

Eric's switch to the rapid fire questions catches Ted by surprise, even though he was expecting something somewhat like this.

His fingers slip on the object he's been playing with since they sat down, causing the restrainging device that keeps the lid on to come loose, dumping a pile of sugar on the table in front of the surprised Canadian.