Prelude: a Fallen star

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: In the black castle.

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:32 am

"Praise Vartom," Karug says, looking down at Broknar. His gaze returns to Panya, the elf. "Tell me, elf, of your name." The orc slobbers and stinks, and speaks orcish, but is not threatening in the least.
I'm speaking orcish, not sure if you can understand
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 am

As Broknar gets up wiping the blood from his mouth, he eyes the elf and says, "The only reason you are still alive is him, elfie... remember that." Turning to Vartom, Broknar silently nods his head. He walks back over to where his axe is, picks it up and heads out of the room, saying to no one in particular "Try not to tire him out too much, wench."

Broknar heads to the kitchen he was at before, intent on getting some food and hopefully finding something heavy to drink. This week is NEVER going to end!, he thinks to himself as he stalks through the castle.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:39 am

<Orcish> "My name is Panya. This is my raven is Helima."
she does in fact speak orcish :)
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:41 am

Karug watches Broknar go, "Good. Good," he says, smiling still. "I am Karug, Priest of Vartom." He points to the strange looking orc, "This is Urgthugak." The priest nods, "Let us find rooms." The priest them begins his search.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:45 am

Panya walks next to Karug as he begins to move. She has some very specific qualities she's looking for in her room. Proximity to Karug, and some sort of locking mechanism. She obviously is not seen favorably by the one who left... despite Vartom's Guardian- he seems to wish her extreme harm.

<Orcish> "How did you all come to be here?" she asks of her Guardian and his companion.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:50 am

Urgthugak walks out the door behind Broknar, and watches as the other orc leave, "If I didn't think Vartom might be upset..." he says under his breath and then kicks off the wall. Then the orc/lizard man follows the cleric and his charge from the room. Leaving the chattering goblin on his own.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:53 am

Karug shakes his head to Urgthugak, "When we require someone to sacrifice themselves to combat, it shall be him. He will serve Vartom if he wishes it or not." Karug is starting to even sound like a priest, something has changed. He only gives the smaller goblin a short look, shaking his head, as he returns to the elf. "I came through the forest and fire. Fled a raid." Karug then gives Urgthugak a look, "I am unsure about him."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:59 am

"I recently completed a mission to infiltrate an enemy settlement. I was successful and was returning for reassignment." He glances at the raven curiously, finally he says to the elf, "Are you magi?"

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 am

Broknar plops down onto a chair, his arms full of meats, bread, cheese and a mug, of what he thinks to be ale in each hand. Just letting everything except the mugs drop onto the table. He grabs a large chunk of bread and takes a bite out of it. Taking a large drink, he broods in the silence of the kitchen.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

A short stay in the black castle.

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:13 pm

It is several days as the group awaits the burning of the forest to die down. Each finds sumptuous quarters for themselves on the third floor, and several others in the floors above that. At the height of the spires are magical laboratories, fully stocked with equipment, yet devoid of the books that typically grace such places. As the days pass, more and more of the dog-sized ants are seen, scurrying around the castle. No attempt to communicate with them is successful, but they seem very aware of their purpose, and it is they who clean up after the five guests. The mysterious female voice that led many of you to the castle does not occur again, and Vartom is not seen in this time.
I'm going to let the introductory RP continue a bit, then I will begin the next chapter.