Prelude: a Fallen star

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Re: In the black castle.

Post by Grimathor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:59 pm

A grin creeps across Broknar's face as Karug reaches for the hilt of his blade. "Or what? Surely if he is so powerful he can defend himself, or perhaps you are more worried about how you seem to him than I am. I for one haven't seen anything impressive from our host aside from this castle and this is certainly well within the range of mortals to do."

Broknar drops the meat he was eating and takes a couple slow steps forward, the axe still resting on his shoulder. "Does he need defending?" He says looking Karug up and down.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:22 pm

"I did not say he needs defending." Karug just stands there, "We do not know why he is gathering his chosen to him." By 'The Chosen' Karug probably means orcs. "We shall wait, and he shall tell us. I think your questions will be answered. Then, we will take our revenge on the humans. You shall have your bloodletting!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:03 pm

Urgthugak looks at the idiot orc, "Go outside, summon forth your own castle on this hilltop, then come in here and tell us how simple it is. Until then your arrogance only makes you look stupid and foolish." He then takes a bite of his own food.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 pm

A raising of his eyebrow is the only response Broknar gives to the strange orc. "I didn't say I could do it, all I said is that it well within the capabilities of mortals to do something like this. But you call me stupid once more and I'll show you foolish." The axe shifts slightly on his shoulder.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:58 pm

"Then stop behaving such. If you do not believe our host a God go take it up with him. Either he is and you will offend him, or he isn't and he is far more powerful than you...and you will offend him." Urgthugak shakes his head in disbelief at the figure before him as such conclusions are easily reached.

"I also wouldn't proclaim Vartom to not be a god in the presence of one of his clerics. I'm sure Karug would happy to demonstrate the gifts his divine lord has granted him, and I doubt it would be pleasant."

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:09 pm

"I would like nothing more than to take it up with our host, but unfortunately he isn't here now is he? I haven't seen a single thing that impresses me. More than one charlatan has claimed the works of another."

Looking to Karug, he continues, " As to the demonstration, any time any place and I quite agree, it will not be pleasant at all."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 pm

"And I will show you!" barks Karug, "You shall not touch me by the grace of Vartom's powers." The orc gives a strange smile, focusing himself, rubbing the crystal in his hand.
private
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Karug rubs his crystal and... nothing obvious happens.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:57 pm

Broknar laughs heartily and says, "Impressive. Want me to make that crystal disappear for you?"

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:00 pm

Urgthukak rises and steps away from the other two orcs, not wanting to be a part of the demonstration about to take place. He mumbles something as he walks out of the way, and leans against a wall.
Mage armor on self.