Prelude: a Fallen star

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: In the black castle.

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:04 pm

"Hahahaha," laughs Karug, "More impressive than you might know." The supposed priest smiles wide, a maniacal look of pure glee. "Now, get on your belly! Slither like the snake you are! Bow your head down to Vartom in his own fortress! Serve him and fear him!"
DOOM
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:09 pm

Karug points at his former commander and the lights seem to dim. The crystal in the young warriors hand glows faintly and Broknar is suddenly overcome with doubt. Maybe there is something to fear here, after all. Maybe the 'host' is indeed a god. Certainly the warrior he led into that ill-fated raid did not possess these powers.
Broknar will save 12 vs 14 fail. Broknar is shaken:-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Howling in anger, Broknar screams "Never!" as he viciously charges Varug.
Charging Minotaur strike, ToB p82-83

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:24 pm

Broknar charges forward, then stops. He can't do it. He can't attack the self-proclaimed priest of Vartom. There is fear, but that's not it, precisely. He just can't bring himself to do it.
Sanctuary: Will save -2 vs DC 14 fail and a half

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:31 pm

Urgthugak just watches, the new clerics magic confirming for him that Vartom is indeed a god. Hopefully the stubborn orc in front of him realizes this too.
Readied action: If Broknar comes after Urg, he'll spit a lightning bolt in his face.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:53 pm

Shaken and confused Broknar steps back, holding his hand to his head. Fear is not something he was used to, most of the time when it was time to fear Broknar just simply got angry. Not this time, for the first time in a very long time he felt fear. Whatever the reason nonetheless, Broknar could feel something behind the fear something powerful. Looking again to Varug and the crystal he holds in his hand, he silently nodded his head and lowered his axe. After a few moments he quietly said, "Apparently you aren't totally full of dung after all, Varug."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 am

"Yes, little orc." says a booming voice from the doorway. "My priest is not full of dung... and you would do well to not attack him, lest you bring my ire in my own home."

Turning, Brok gets his first view of the host he's been maligning. Even if he's not a God, it is abundantly clear that it would be a bad idea to annoy him. It stands as tall as a minotaur, but its body is elongated like that of a Centaur. Instead of a horse, its lower body is catlike, and its claws rend the stone of the castle, which heals of its own accord.

Beside it stands a female elf, looking very confused at how she even got here. A moment ago, she was on the other side of the continent in the forest.

From behind pads a wolf with a goblin on it, looking every bit as confused as the elf, since the female voice in his head told him to come here and encounter this strange group.
Welcome Connie and Vardaen to the game.

Full description of Vartom: He has the body of a man (except size cat large instead of M) The head of a bull with four horns instead of two. He is Centaur-like and the Quadrapedal part of the body is that of a lion. I've kept this description OOC because NONE of you have ever seen a lion ICly before.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:18 am

Blinking as Broknar regards the creatures Vartom has with him. "I guess I wouldn't want that, now would I? Please enlighten me as to why I am here. I see you brought us an outrider", looking to the goblin," and entertainment?" He queries looking at the elf.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:42 am

Panya looks uncomfortable at the introduction of the orcs. She had been quietly going about her day and ended up in this massive castle of a sudden... The castle is cold and smooth and very much to her liking- having a dark and heavy feel to it in her mind. She however, takes umbrage at being termed "entertainment" and glares at the Orc that made the comment. Her already cold eyes turn possitively icy and she pulls herself to stand slightly taller. The raven on her shoulder does much the same as if it too felt it's master's ire. She then curves her lips into some semblance of a smile- though the effect is not gladenning in any way.

Panya is a pretty elf, but cold looking, with her pale blonde hair and icy blue eyes. As she smiles, her teeth are shown to be pointier and much sharper looking than most people's, making her look out of place and slightly disarming.
yay!!! i'm here!!! don't eat her.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:43 am

A small flithy, ash and soot covered goblin rides atop a dingy looking wolf. The wolf itself bares a large scar on its snout, and is saddled with a contraption of leather straps and metal studs. A set of saddle bags, and a few weapons are flopped over the hind quarters of the caine as well. The goblin atop it looks as if he might have been rooting around in the ash of the forest fire that dominates the mountain side. He is small, only a just over three feet tall, and has a shaven head save for a top knot of black oily hair. His leather armor has small barbed hooks on it, nasty looking, and he rests a hand on a bow across his lap. A chipped tooth, beedy yellow eyes, and plenty of small scars marks his face. A bright red tongue lashes out as he speaks, "Gaash am I, who are you Orc? What are we doing here?" He rubs the head of the wolf, keeping it as calm as he might, and indicating that the 'we' refers to him and his mount. Its almost as if he's blind to the massive form of the four legged mintaur-cat-man-beast.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring