Prelude: a Fallen star

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Re: In the black castle.

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:46 am

Nodding, Broknar says "Gaash, Im Broknar and you can ask our host. The big fella with the cat body and such. He seems to have all the answers."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:51 am

Vartom seems amused, as he often seems to. "I have no idea why you are here, although I suspect it has much to do with the large fire to the East. You may all stay here until it burns out. Then I will have a job for you."

It looks down at Karug, still bearing his stone. "Priest. This elf will be useful to you, but remember: She has a place in Prophecy. Do not allow her to die."

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:00 am

At the large one's words she steps forward and extends a hand to the one he indicated. "I am Panya. And you are?" she says in a lilting voice devoid of feeling. She has a place in profecy ...she will trust this large one to protect her and choose a guardian for her. She doesn't really have a choice, but if he finds her useful- it would be best to see how her new "guardian" reacts to this news while He's still around.

She waits patiently, hoping that, despite His decree, they don't decide to hurt her.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 am

"The voicese! I heard tha voiceses and I am here. The fire and smoke can not stop Gaash, not with a good fastest mount." He rubs the half chewed off ear of his wolf mount as he pads into the room. "The fair lady's voiceses in my ears. I hear it stills, make it stops!" He claws then at his left ear, digging his ash covered fingers into the side of his head, "Make it stopss!" His voice becomes high pitched and nearly screaming. "Who does that? Shut up elfishes!" He glares at the elf woman, as if thinking she's the one whispering, "You elf bitcheses, stop whispering to Gaash! Ssstopes it!" He snarls at her, baring his chipped fangs.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:24 am

Panya does not move, she spares a glance for the mounted man who is bellowing at her. But she does not move. Her hand stays out and after a brief look she turns back to the Orc who has been named her Guardian.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:55 am

The priest looks over at Panya and nods, "Vartom's will shall be done." Karug grunts, "Come, elf, relax. You shall not be harmed here." The priest gives Brok a dirty look, angry with his attitude, but simply waits for Vartom to dismiss them to find a room to rest in.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:59 am

Urgthugak against the wall bows his head as the figure of Vartom enters the room. He regards the elf and the goblin carefully, trying to decide what to make of them. The things he could do to the elf without killing her flash through his mind for a moment and an evil grin spreads its way slowly across his face. Unfortunately the irritating prattle of the goblin breaks the spell and Urg must come out of his day dream. "Quit our jabbering, rat." he says curtly.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:09 am

"Indeed, elfie you will not be harmed here. You are part of some prophecy of Vartom's apparently. Your skin is safe from my axe, just stay out of my way."

Turning to Vartom Broknar says, "Oh august presence what do you want of your humble servant Broknar? I am your to command." The contempt in his voice is easily heard. "Or we are just here to celebrate the union of Varug with his new mate?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:24 am

Vartom steps forward and examines Broknar for a few seconds, then with a swift backhand, sends him flying into the opposite wall, which nearly shatters, but quickly begins to heal itself, unlike Broknar's head. It doesn't appear as if Broknar was foolish enough to try defending himself, at least.

"That will satisfy me for now. Be ready when the fire is out." With that, the creature turns and makes its way back out, leaving the group behind.
Vartom swats Brok: Improved unarmed, no AoO
Attack 29, hit for 9 subdual

Brok is now acutely aware that whatever else Vartom has going for him, he has a 22 strength.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 am

Panya steps forward and moves closer to her new guardian. She bows to Vartom and smiles maliciously at the Orc he just sent flying.