Chapter one: recruiting drive

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: More fighting in Vartom's Throne Room

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Karug 22, Vartom: 21, Gaash 17.4, Broknar 17.3,Urgthugak 7, Panya 6
Broknar lowers his head and charges like a minotaur, bulling into the Lightning Wyrm, who topples over like a domino, cracking his head on the black glass of the floor, out cold. Blood leaks into the cracked glass, which seems to adsorb it as it heals itself. Urgthugak does not heal nearly so quickly.
No AoO: charging minotaur manuver
Touch attack: 14 hit
Brok STR: 17
Urg STR: 15
Damage: 20 unconscious
pushed back only 5 feet, for what it's worth.
Panya is next.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Panya steps backwards away from the combatants. Her eyes are wide as she inwardly cheers on her Guardian. Part of her understands their desire to posture and fight for leader and be undisputed, but another part thinks it unwise to do so in front of him- as failure could mean death. She decides they do not need her help/ hurt as they seem to have things under control. She would rather not have any of them feel she threatens them and attack back.

Though if any of them loose their lives, there will be more glory and riches for those who are left is her cold thought, as she smiles at the combatants and eases slowly away from battle.
moving out of range slowly. she's not fighting.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:20 pm

Standing over the lightning moment for a second, Broknar turns to face Vartom. With a look of determination on his face, he kneels and place his axe on the ground. His eyes follow Vartom's as he lowers his head and kneels unmoving.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:48 pm

"You fool!" yells Karug, focusing on Broknar. "You have injured a follower of Vartom! Do you think you will not pay?!?" He holds his sawtooth blade, waving it around in the air as he speaks ...
5-foot step away from Broknar. Cast Doom
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

More fighting in Vartom's Throne Room round 2

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Karug spews forth a dire prophecy, and with the new(old?) God of the orcs sitting in the room with him, even Broknar can not help but be afraid of the preprecussions of his actions.

The God himself, however gives no indication of being either pleased or displeased. Unlike the attack on Panya, he seems to believe this is a problem for mortals to sort out amongst themselves.
Doom: Will save 3 vs DC 14 fail.
Brok is shaken: -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Vartom God action: refresh cleric spells, all Karugs 1st level spells become CLW
Gaash is next.

Code: Select all

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
|  |  |  |  |  |  |KR|  |  |PN|  |  |
D  |UR|BK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Vartm|
+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+  is +
D  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | Here|
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |GA|  |  |

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: More fighting in Vartom's Throne Room round 2

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:02 am

Gaash isn't one for getting his head chopped off or anything like that. He slinks into the shadow cast by the God in carnate sitting only a few feet from him. He silently slips into the darkest corner of the room, balls up, sitting down with his back to the wall and watches things unfold.
Move E,NE, Hide/MS

Unless someone attacks/threatens me. I'm out of it and just sit there till its over. I don't want a colonoscopy from another giant glass hand.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:12 am

Fighting through the fear and doubt, Broknar stands and casts a glare at Karug. "I am to sit here and let him insult me? If I am here, does that not make me a follower as well. Do I not deserve as much as him? Surely Vartom has seen something in me that he deems useful. If I wished it, he would be now. If we had been on the battlefield, he would be dead for such a remark. But we are not and he is not. Vartom has proven his might to me, and you are his priest but I will tolerate this cur's tongue for one instance." Crossing his arms across his chest, Broknar says no more and awaits Karug's words or actions.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Panya stops moving away as the fight seems to be cooling. She does not relax though, as it could start up again quickly. Their body language seems to say that it's not over, at least to her. She looks around to see where the smallest one had gone..
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

More fighting in Vartom's Throne Room round 3

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:09 pm

People stand, watch, or talk while Urgthugak continues to bleed onto the glass floor, which greedily sucks up his blood.
Urg stabilize attempt: 26, fail Urg at -7

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: More fighting in Vartom's Throne Room round 3

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Karug grunts, "My Lord!" he cries out, bending over the broken body of the strange orc, Urgthugak, "Shall you see to heal him?" He frowns, grabbing the orc's throat, and attempting to send such a healing force into his body. "Such a tool should not be wasted!" He looks up a Broknar, "And one that can do such a thing to another is a tool as well. If Vartom sees fit to let you live, than so be it. Our enemies may tremble with fear at your approach!"
Last edited by TetNak on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.