Chapter one: recruiting drive

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Re: More fighting in Vartom's Throne Room round 3

Post by Grimathor » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:19 pm

Broknar remains silent and doesn't even react to the mention of him being a meer tool, he simply keeps his gaze lowered.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Fighting finished, class dismissed.

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:51 pm

"Do what you will with your minions, priest." says the God, "It is no concern of mine. You alone shall be held accountable for the success of those missions I send you on. The elf you are to protect from death, the village you are to bring to worship me. These are my commands. The manner by which you accomplish them is your concern, not mine. Take these mortals from my sight."

As the god is talking, Karug kneels over the fallen orc and makes use of the healing powers of his God to awaken him.
Karug CLW: 4 hp restored, urg at -3 and stable.
Karug CLW again: 7 hp restored, urg at 4HP.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Fighting finished, class dismissed.

Post by od » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:23 pm

As the healing washes through Urgthugak's body he comes from unconsciousness. He rises when he is able, and spits a gob of blood that appears to have a few chunks mixed into it onto the ground. His eyes glance glance around the room, settling on each person in kind, from Vartom to the goblin, and so forth. He says nothing, just waits for the priest to exit the room first.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:36 am

The goblin's eyes go wide as Karug bends and heals the nearly dead orc. Ooo ooo, he's a good one yes. Yes a good one to have as a friend. No! We have no friends. Yes yes, we need friends. "Fine." The word is said without any preamble, the conversation in Gaash's head spilling out into his mouth. He leaps up from the shadows, "We have many thingses to do. Lets go and dueses them!" He stops before Vartom and bows, a mocking sweep of his arm and body like he's seen other humanoid tribes do. "Gaash be good, and make the foolish worship the horns!" He makes a sign of horns with his one hand, using his pointer and pinky finger.

Then scampering to Karug he taps the priest on the shoulder, "Gaash go get ready, Gaash and Scar get ready we lead you down the mountain. Gaash good at sneaking, good at spying! Gaash go get ready." The goblin then darts from the room without waiting for a reply and goes and gets ready.
Going to get dressed, armored, armed, and get wolf ready and will meet back up with others afterwards. Stealing several jugs of ale from the kitchen along with some rare steaks for Scar as well.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:07 pm

Karug bows deeply to Vartom. "I shall make them bend their knee!" He growls to the others, giving the elf a short look before turning and wave them out. "Come! We have work to do!" The priest walks out of the room and begins heading through the castle to the exit.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:08 pm

Without a word about his own wounds, Broknar grabs his axe and follows the priest.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:18 pm

Panya returns Karug's look as if to say what was i to do? It was not her fight by any means. She follows him out of the room and before he disappears speaks to him. <orcish> " I will get my things and meet you by the front door? Or would you prefer another location?" before she leaves completely she adds, "It appears the fight for leadership and authority was in vain. You have already been decided to lead us, and I wouldn't have followed the others anyway." She laughs alittle coldly, but it is meant as a joke as she obviously would not have been able to *not* follow the others' orders.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 pm

"So is willed by God, and thus it shall be!" grunts Karug. The orc nods to the elf, "Yes, all, gather your gear and meet outside. We shall travel straight away to the village." Finally, Karug lassos his sawtooth blade to his belt, not needing it any further.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:39 am

Everyone gathers their traveling equipment and leaves the black castle. On exiting the castle, it becomes apparent how much has changed in the last week. Few of the band have been out here in the intervening days.

The half-dozen ant-men are now a swarm of the things, working on making battlements and a road down the mountain. The small rise upon which the castle sits is now pocked with holes from which the ants stream in their work. The castle itself seems bare of them now, except for the two guarding the main entrance. These, too have changed. They are man-sized and have a barbed stinger at the end of their abdomen.

All sign of the blue crystals and silver metal are now gone, collected long ago and brought down into the earth where the ants live.

In all this time, nobody has seen the source of the female voice which occasionally intrudes on your thoughts.

The village to be subjugated lies two nights travel to the east, past the zone of burned desolation.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:05 am

Karug is not surprised all the crystals have been harvested. He is also not surprised by the work these ant men have completed or are in the process of completing. The new priest is pleased. "Come, we shall walk the most direct route where possible." Karug then begins walking toward the forest, and further, the village.