The New Days Dawn

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The Beast Within

Post by MadVlat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:27 am

Frank raises the squirming man above his head and drops to one knee. Then forcebly brings the hooligan's back down over his extended thigh. "No more games boy its dying time now"! He doesn't concern himself with consequences and repricussions. He simply revels in the moment of victory. The mans panic taste sweet, as the giant watches the mans eyes glossing up with tears. It seems to feed some need that scratches its way to the surface within Frank.
Lift and drop: Strength(4) + Bawl(4) + Vigor(2) + Merit:Strong back(1) = Dicepool of 11 - Defense.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:11 am

The enraged 'man' hefts the thief above his head and in one violent motion brings him down upon his outstretched knee. There is an audioble cracking sound and a final groan let loose from the intruder. Frank does not realize, at first, that the groan was the man's last breath, and the thief dies upon Frank's knee.
4 Successes. Strong Back has NOTHING to do with combat
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:49 pm

The behemouth of a man let's loose a triumphant yell that booms throughout the garbage filled alleyway. Frank looks down suddenly realizing that he's just killed a man. In a panic he allows the limp form of the man to slide from his leg and stands. Still flushed with anger the giant begins to feel the pangs of guilt creeping into his psyche. "Why'd you make me hurt you? You little bastard". He gives the corpse a kick in the ribs, turns and begins running. With no clear goal he runs through the night air with no shoes on his feet and nothing else but his old sitting at home ripped jeans. The whole time worried about what's going to happen to him.
I'm hoping that this is more of what your looking for.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Before Frank starts running, he hears the scream of a woman in the alley, but he turns immediately and then bolts down the alleyway. He is unsure if anyone has seen him, or exactly what time it is, or anything else for that matter. He only knows that he totally lost himself in the killing of the thief. Before, he certainly might have brained the thief, but after he /jumped/ out the window he obviously wouldn't have given chase in order to murder him.

Frank runs and runs, for how long he isn't sure, but turns a corner and arrives at a familiar place, Chuck's Bar and Grill. Frank knows people here. They are his friends, if he has any, and suddenly Frank knows where he is at the very least. Only eight blocks from his apartment, the bar's neon lights invite him inside.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:18 am

Old habits die hard and after the night Franks had its even harder. He enters the saloon half dressed and befuddled by his actions. He pauses at the doorway rubbing his head and surveying the scene. After a minute or two he takes a quick look behind himself and enters. Whats wrong with me. My father always said that i'd either wind up in jail or dead. Guess he old son of a bitch was right after all. The half nude giant approaches his ass engraved stool, a place he has spent countless hours bullshitting with his fellow down trodden spirits and takes a seat. Raising his hand he motions for the bartender, "Boiler maker.", the only words he speaks. before cupping his face in his hands and leaning on the bar.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:00 am

Frank pulls open the door, shirtless, jeans ripped to hell, and all kinds of refuse on his body from falling in the pile of garbage bags. The bar is dead tonight, there are a few patrons shooting pool in the back, and a couple locals bellied up to the bar.

This place is a dive. A pool table, a juke box, some Budweiser on tap, that's about the best of it.

The bartender looks over to Frank, frowning, "Frank, you look like shit," he says from afar. He grabs a can of the Beast out of the cooler, pours it into a mug, then quickly turns around and pours a shot of the well whiskey. "You know," he says, sliding both over to Frank, "You are supposed to have a shirt, eh?" The bartender, a man named Greg, serves Frank often. Once he get close he winces, "God, you smell like shit ..."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:19 am

"Let me tell you its a thousand times better than i've been feeling". Frank picks up the shot and drops it into the beer. As it begins to foam he slams the entire contents down in one impossible gulp. Lodging the shot glass in his teeth as it slides forward in the mug. The last drops of the precious fluid passes his lips from the fingerprint stained glass and he slams it, as is custom; on the bar. "I've got that damn bug thats been going around. I'm feeling worse than a virgin prison bitch". A small guffaw from emerges under Franks breath...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:03 am

"Another?" asks Greg, knowing Frank's routine. Frank always had one talent, at the very least, and that was drinking.

Suddenly, Frank is not feel so great again, in fact, there is a shooting pain in his stomach. He feels the boilermaker coming up again, and immediately spits it up all over the bar.

"Fuck sake!" curses the bartender, taking a step back. "Frank, get out of here, man. Go home, get to sleep. Jesus Christ!"

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:17 am

Looking like death warmed over Frank moves his hand to his stomach. He stumbles upon the puncture hole that the thief left with his knife. Frank covers the gap and turns to the bartender, "Give me your towel. I made this mess and i'll clean it up". He recognizes the pain in his abdomen but somehow its different. He looks down to the wound uncovering it slightly. That dirty son of a bitch stabbed me no wonder my stomach hurts. No wait I tossed up my last drink too. Maybe my liver has finally had enough. No can't be, God wouldn't dare take the one and only pleasure I have in my miserable life. I'd reach to the heavan's and strangle his scrawny little ass. Momentarily lost in thought he brings his focus to Greg and stretches his arm across the bar counter, "Come on i'll get this. Give me the towel. By the way could you call me an ambulance I think i've been stabbed".

All his life Frank has known misery and pain, his many scars reading like the words of a personal diary. It has become his closest friend and he embraces it. It keeps him strong and sharp. From his abusive parents, to school yard pissants, to his crappy job. Frank has always taken his woes in stride. Learning to roll with the punches has given him the power to survive. This night is no different than the rest...

...Heap it on you son of a bitch now, because there's going to be a rekoning when we finally meet, Frank's eyes momentarily glance skyward then return back to Greg's ugly mug.
Enjoy Tet!!!!!!!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:53 pm

"Nah man," Greg says, looking over his thick mustache. "Just get out of here, you look almost green, like your dead or something." He waves toward Frank, "Just leave man, you are smelling worse every second." Greg shakes his head, "Go buy some flu medicine or something." The other patrons at the bar are staring at Frank's shirtless body now.