The New Days Dawn

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

The New Days Dawn

Post by TetNak » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 am

Life is shit. What else would a garbage man say? The stink of trash and grime. "The pay is good," some absolutely retards would say. Fifteen dollars and hour is good? Great, a garbage man can afford an average single bedroom apartment in a questionable part of town.

Frank Prichet is one such garbage man. "Sanitation Engineer," is what they have started to be called in the new era of touchy feely bullshit. Don't want to offend someone, for God's sake, everyone is an engineer these days. Custodial Engineers, Sanitation Engineers, etc. What's next, prostitutes becoming "Blow Job Engineers"?"

Hollywood. Nice place, eh? Not really, and in some places it is a downright shithole. Wouldn't you know, much of these are Frank's routes. Shitholes. From bloody condoms to handguns, Frank's seen it all in the trash. Frank can't even get far away when he's off work. He lives in Little Armenia, off Vermont Ave. His overpriced one bedroom apartment just one of many.
Welcome MadVlat. One more post coming
Last edited by TetNak on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The New Days Dawn

Post by TetNak » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:46 am

February 19th, 2007

Frank wakes up with a hell of a hangover. Throwing his feet off his bed, the man rubs his temples and thinks. He knows one thing, it is dark out, night time. He has massively overslept and is going to be in some shit at work. Good thing he's union and can do whatever the fuck he wants, within reason.

The 1985 answering machine is blinking, but of course it is too old to see how many messages there are without actually hitting play.

The man starts to think, but cannot remember last night at all. He must have blacked out hardcore. But, even still, he does not remember even taking a drink. The last thing he remembers is actually walking to the bar after work ...
Post away. Please realize that you have no idea what's going on except what I've posted

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The New Days Dawn

Post by MadVlat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:01 am

What a headache.What the hell did I drink last night? Frank makes his way to the fridge and grabs up an ice cold can of the hair of the dog that bit him. "Here goes nothing, cheers". He downs the entire can in what seems like a single gulp. Then turns and scratches his hairy ass as he makes his way to the answering machine which is blinking furiously. He pushes the button and a digital voice loudly proclaims the presence of fifty seven messages. That's when it hits. The can of beer remerges violently. Shooting from his mouth and nose in gushing carbonized streams of golden acid.

For several moments Frank stands hunched over the newly formed puddle at his feet. "Ah fuck", is all that he says before half heartedly grabbing up an old t-shirt, throwing it atop the expanding entity on the floor. He makes his way back to the fold out bed on the far side of the room, and collapses clutching his head in his cupped meaty hands. The crackling voice of the answering machine giving way to the first message.....
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:28 am

The digital 'woman' voice says, "Message one," then gives way to an all too familiar voice of Frank's boss, Lou. "Frank, where are you? Ain't like you to skip work or be late. Call in will ya ..."

There are several more from Lou, a couple telemarketers, and a couple more from collection agencies trying to resolve some of Frank's credit card debt. Suddenly, after message twelve, the answering machine stops playing messages. Frank knows the piece of shit isn't very reliable, and isn't that surprised when fifty seven is actually twelve.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:50 am

Hesitantly Frank picks up the phone as the last message makes its finish tone. He knows that he's going to catch hell for not showing up or calling in earlier, But he is a man who faces trouble head on instead of ducking it. He dials the numbers slowly simply hoping that Lou isn't loud with his ass chewing. His head continues to throb as he punches the last digit.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:24 pm

Frank calls Lou, and about three rings later, he hears the man's voice. "Hello, Lou here, Hollywood Sanitation Department."

Frank begins to feel somewhat weak ...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:30 pm

Giving in to his bodies will Frank takes a seat on his couch, landing roughly before answering. "Lou this is Frank I must of caught the bug or something. I'm feeling pretty shitty. Can you get someone to fill in for me"? He leans back into the couch holding his hand to his throbbing temple. The phone cord now stretched to its maximum length vibrating from being pulled tight.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:08 am

"Yeah, okay," Lou says, "Just call in next time. Take it easy and I will see you tomorrow."

Lou was always a pretty decent guy, for being so damn skinny.

Frank hardly feels like he can move. He starts to get dizzy ... the room begins to spin ...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:45 am

"Ok Lou...", is all Frank can muster as he releases the phone from his grasp and tilts sideways on the couch/bed. What the fuck is going on? I haven't felt this bad since I was a little kid and dad came after me with the whoopin' stick. The large man pulls his stained pillow up under his head. Being sure to keep one foot on the ground to stop the room from spinning. Half heartedly he utters, "I have to quit drinking...". The last few words trickle from his mouth as he closes his eyes.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Breaking an Entering

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 pm

Franks sits on the couch and '˜holds' himself in place as the room spins and he feels sick to his stomach. Frank wonders why he can suddenly hear someone coming up the stairs, standing at his door, and placing something in the keyhole. No longer is he dizzy, but instead extremely focused and aware. The lock on the door pops open, and standing there is a man, lock picks in hand, a knife in the other.

'œShit!' the man grunts, spotting Frank on the couch. Frank feels strong suddenly, angry, and strange at the same time '¦
Frank 13, Thug 11
You can use all yours powers, etc. Remember. Your sheet is wrong. You sent me one with two dots too many in merits and no skill specialties '¦ If you use any Vampric 'œstuff', know that it is not by choice, but by instinct, at the moment.