The New Days Dawn

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The Beast Within

Post by MadVlat » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 am

Frank looks Greg in the eyes. Debating wether he wants to argue the point or not. Then decides that his old aquaitance doesn't deserve it. "Thanks, I owe you one". With that said he turns towards the door. Scanning the room he almost dares someone to say something, "What are you looking at? Haven't you ever had a bad night before?". He continues to the door and exits. Damn what the hell is going on? I've never had to waste two good drinks in the same night before. Fucking cops are probably perched at my house already. Waiting to blame the big like everyone else. Lou's probably going to go through the roof when I miss a few more days of work. Well no point in putting it off any longer... Frank continues to make his way back to his third floor shitbox. The whole time thinking to himself.
Did I automatically auto heal or do I have a whole in my abdomen? I didn't know so I used it as flavor text in my last post.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:51 am

Something is wrong. Frank can feel it in his bones. No one says a word as Frank leaves, instead, most turn away. He seems like he's staggering, but he is walking fluidly and straight. He should be feeling pain, but realizes he feels nothing. He looks down at his side where the thief stabbed him, and is shocked to notice that there is no would at all. It is gone, vanished completely.
-2 Vitae. You are doing things subconsciously to heal yourself, etc, just like when you used vigor. Until you know what's up. /I/ am your vampric condition. ;)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 pm

Frank zig-zags his way back home. Suspecting that this may just be his last night as a free man. He stops once or twice he can't remember, to just look upon the ever changing night sky. He just hopes that they allow him to shower before they take him into custody. Damn cops love to make you suffer when your a perp. Sixteen hour interviews that bring your nerves to a point where they are so raw, that you beg to be guilty. Sign anything to just be allowed to sleep. How many times had they brought me in because I was who I am.

The giant turns and hits the side of a brick building in frustration as he continues towards his apartment. "Fuck, how could I have done something so stupid!?", he hits the wall once again before moving on.

...Why do I put myself in these situations? They will have to understand that I didn't mean to kill the little housebreaking prick. Won't they? Frank listens to the sounds of the city. The gut wretching, putrid society of man. Screaming mothers, abusive fathers, drunk drivers in their screeching automobiles banking off of innocent bystanders. All carried on the nights wind. My god i'm going to miss this....
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:19 pm

Frank is so delirious from his actions he does not even notice the hole in his side has healed. He feels no pain, so he forgets it completely for the time being.

The garbage man pushes forward, fearing the worst, and takes a turn onto his street, spotting the flashing light of a police patrol car blocking the alleyway from the main road.

He cannot see any police officers, but they are probably in the alleyway with the corpse. He begins to feel a chill, something akin to fear, but not exactly ... it is more a 'survival' instinct.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:38 am

...DT's maybe, or it could be that i'm sick, either way somethings not right. I can feel it deep down in the pit of my stomach... Covered in drying baby shit and other matted refuse the giant of a man comes to within sight of the alleyway the flashing of the patrol car casting dancing shadows on the sides of the buildings. "Fuck, fuck, fuck. What do I do now?", Frank whispers beneath his breath.

He can feel the panic welling up inside of him yet still he moves closer. ...Feels like it did when my father used to come home shit faced just itching to beat my ass. I can feel the knot forming in my stomach just like it used too... Frank subconciously puts his hand up in front of his face. To onlookers it may appear as though he were shielding his eyes from the lights, but he knows the real reason; and it just adds to the tension.

...I've got to get this over with... He takes a massive stride forward followed quickly by another and another. Soon, much before he realizes it, he's standing at the end of the alley his filthy hands resting on the patrol car as he peers into the darkness. An acidic taste fills his mouth. ...maybe they haven't noticed me. I can still get out of here if I move quick The panic builds more the longer he lingers but he can't help himself. ...I've got to own up or this guilt is going to kill me...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:00 pm

*** See WoD: Surrender Thread ***

*** After Being Taken Prisoner ***

Frank grunts, his arms are cuffed in such a manner that comfort is by far an after thought. Not only is the stab wound gone, but now that Frank thinks about it, he looks at where he had been shot and none of those wounds exist any longer either.

Is he going crazy?

The driver's door swings open, and an unnamed policeman steps into the car, quickly reads Frank his rights, and gets behind the wheel. He says nothing as the patrol car pulls off and begins to take Frank to jail.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 pm

Frank blindly stares at the miranda spewing cop. His mind obviously on the something else. He keeps applying more and more constant pressure to the chains binding him. He does his best to relieve the discomfort in his shoulders without being obvious about it. Damn cops. I give up and they still fuck with me. He flexes his beefy wrist. I can't go to jail again. Those son of a bitches are psycho's.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:31 pm

"Settle down back there," grunts the cop, hearing Frank move about and try to relieve some of the pressure on his wrists and shoulders.

"You are lucky I don't take you and beat you a good one for punching Kruger, stupid lout." The cop looks into the rear view mirror at Frank, and he does not look happy.

The cruiser is forced to get onto the highway to get to the police station, as it is by far the quickest way. For about five minutes the cop drives along in silence, until he suddenly slams on the breaks while something 'blurs' in front of the car. The car banks right, slamming Frank against the door with a thud, the tires squealing as the driver breaks. The cop does a decent job keeping control, and slides against the guardrail instead of hitting it full on. Smoke spews forth from the hood. Other damage cannot be seen from Frank's vantage point. The officer curses, "What was that!" He begins 'messing' with his radio for a few seconds, but the chatter is sporadic as the radio goes in and out of service.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:06 am

Deer, cougar, bear, ghost, or super hero Frank doesn't care. He sees an opportunity and takes it. He raises his legs and kicks at the metal caging between him and the officer. Violently he continues hoping to catch the the cop off guard due to the accident. The hair begins to bristle on the back of his neck. He's never seen anything move like that and doesn't want it coming back to visit him while he's cuffed up like a sacrificial lamb.
Attempting to break through the cage: Strength(4)+ Brawl(4)+ Vigor if it applies(2)+ Spending willpower 1 point(3)= Total of 11 Dice or 13 dice with vigor.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 am

Frank rears back and kicks, his bare feet smashing against the cage, but there is just not enough room for his massive frame to allow him to get much momentum. The cop turns, peering at Frank with a look that could kill. He draws his sidearm.

Suddenly, Frank catches something out of the corner of his eye, and hears the door being ripped off the car! The cop screams and turns his gun just as Frank follows with his eyes.

There stands a large fellow, as big as Frank, at least, dressed in a ratty trench coat. His black hair is slicked back, and the man looks like death warmed over. He almost appears green, and Frank can smell an oder even worse than any he has smelt in the junkyards and alleyways of the city.

The man reaches in, grabs the cop, and jerks him from the car. The pistol is discharged, but goes flying out of his hand as the violent exit tosses him the the ground roughly. Frank cannot look away. He senses something important is going to happen. Something deadly.

The large man reaches down and jerks the man up like a sack of potatoes. The cop kicks and screams but cannot do anything, really, or so it appears. Suddenly, the man's head jerks in Frank's direction, his eyes shimmering in the night, and turns back and bites violently into the cop's neck!

After a few seconds, the man turns and throws the body of the cop into the middle of the road and begins walking, quickly, toward the cop car and Frank inside.