Homicide

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: A Boring Day

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Wainwright answers the phone and as expect, it is dispatch. "Detective Wainwright, this is dispatch. Homicide reported at 47 Maubert Ave." There is a pause, "One dead. No other details reported. Two uniforms on the scene."

Wainwright knows the area, the north end of Little Armenia, a little shithole section of Hollywood. Probably a mugging or drug deal gone bad. His obsession would have to wait ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:09 pm

Wainright speaks into the reciever almost mechanically, "I'll be right there."

He scoops up the pizza on the floor, and shoves it into the fridge over the mountains of old takeout. Checks himself in the mirror - notes that he almost fell asleep in his clothes again - grabs his gun and personal effects, and heads for the door.

"Finally, some work. I should be excited about now..."

"Excited about a dead body. Kinky."

He shakes the thoughts out of his head. "This is business," he reminds himself as he descends the stairs to the street, hops into his car - if you can call the rusty crate of bolts that was at some point his father's vintage El Camino - and rolls out.

As soon as he's on the road, he flips open his cell phone and dials his partner. Might as well do this proper and get him on the scene too... who knows what kind of sick shit he's going to find when he arrives?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:15 pm

Wainwright calls House, which is on his speed dial, but after eight rings, Johnny's voice mail picks up, "This is Detective House, Hollywood Police Department, I am currently unavailable to take your call. Please leave your name, number, and a brief message and I will get back with you as soon as possible." BEEP

Luckily, Bob does not live that far away from the scene, well, not lucky for him, so much, as it is for his quick response time. Wainwright turns up Santa Monica, only a couple minutes away from the scene of the crime.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Bob doesn't even listen to the voice mail. He's heard it about a million times before.

"That lazy sack of crap..."

BEEP!

"House. Redball. 47 Maubert Ave. Bring coffee."

He shuts his cellphone with a *snap*, just in time to swerve out of the way of some slow bastard in the middle of the road...

"Shit, I knew I forgot something!"

Bob grabs the siren light he usually keeps tucked under the passenger side seat of his car. Swerving left to avoid a couple pedestrians, he comes back up, steadies the wheel with his knees, switches the siren into his left hand, and grabs the wheel with his right just in time to avoid a panhandler on the sidewalk. By the time he actually gets the siren up and running on his car, he's just pulling into Maubert ave.

The pale illumination of his car's headlights reveals the scene...
Last edited by DoomulusPrime on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Dead Tell Tales

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:37 pm

Wainwright leaves a message and throws up his siren. Immediately he starts driving pretty fast, and the other cars generally get out of his way. A couple minutes later, Wainwright pulls up to the curb, parks his car, and spots a patrol car blocking off the alleyway.

The officers must be in the alleyway, because he does not see them anywhere on the road.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Re: The Dead Tell Tales

Post by DoomulusPrime » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:29 am

Bob's car squeals to a halt near the patrol car in the alleyway. He opens his glove compartment and grabs a couple or rubber gloves from the box inside. He steps out of the car, stretches, straightens his coat, then walks over beside the patrol car, peering into the alleyway...

He feels the cool air. If it wasn't carrying the stink of fresh human refuse and trash, it might be refreshing...

"Nice night. Shame this had to happen. Eh, might as well see what's up..."

Bob looks for signs of human movement in the alleyway.

"Someone call in a Redball? It's Wainwright."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:14 am

There stands Officer Kruger. He's actually a hell of a nice guy, surprising for a beat cop, but his partner, Jackson, is crooked, for sure. Though Wainwright has no proof of that, he just /knows/, everyone does.

Kruger waves over to Bob, "Hey, detective," he says taking a step over. "Yeah. Little old Armenian lady called it in." He turns, walking into the alley, which is filled with garbage, "Said a guy just hoisted this dude up into the air and slammed him off the ground or something. Seems impossible to me, but, he is dead."

There it is, the dead body. White male. Twenty years old. Wearing a beat up sweat suit with a hood. There are signs of a struggle, a couple rips in his sweatshirt near the shoulders ...
Investigation (Homicide): Dice Pool: 6, 2 Successes 1st 10 Minutes

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 pm

*** See WoD: Surrender Thread ***

*** After the Capture of Frank ***

Bob returns to the scene of the crime. Never mind the insane person now in cuffs. There is not much in the alleyway to inspect.
There are the following things that the detective can take a look at: the dead body (wounds, identification, cause of death) the adjourning street (viable exits, entrances, nearby locations of interest), the alleyway (details, garbage pile, dumpster). Please indicate which of these you would like to investigate

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:18 am

Bob takes a drag from his cigarette, his brow furrowed in consternation. He looks at the alley hard, the body, the street behind him, full of cops. Cops looking at him. Wondering, what the hell was he thinking. He was going to fry for this, back at the station.

"Might as well do the investigation correctly, then. Shit, this must make Kreuger's day. It's not every case you're assigned to that you get to take down a Big Bad Detective...

He throws his cigarette down and stamps it out, snaps on the pair of latex gloves from his car, and approaches the body on the street. He tries to block out everything going on outside the alley, separates himself from the present. With the body as the first piece of the puzzle, he starts reconstructing the past...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:02 pm

Bob pulls up the gloves and walks over to the body. He stoops down, looking for anything obvious. He searches quickly for any signs of identification, but does not find a wallet, or anything like that. Bob, at first, cannot find any signs of wounds but then spots the man's hands. There are small pieces of glass in each of his palms ...
Only 1 success. I'm giving you three tries per item. That was for wounds. If you want to use the next 1 or 2 on wounds, let me know. If something else, also let me know. I will tell you when you can learn nothing else.