Surrender

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Flight!

Post by MadVlat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Frank bounces off of the unyielding door slightly stunned as it denies him entry. He quickly looks over his shoulder through the sweat that has begun to form on his forehead. Seeing the officer nearing the panic redoubles. Frantic he backs up a few steps and charges at the door once again. "Just go away I don't want to hurt you!", his panic beginning to be tempered with the frustration caused by the door.
Dice pool base= strength+stamina+vigor
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:07 pm

Frank yells out his warning, putting everything he's got into breaking down the door again. He slams through the door, shattering it into a hundred pieces of wood and glass. The door does not actually fly off its hinges, instead Frank punches a hole straight through it.

Frank runs into the deli. The shop is small, and Frank passes the counter with roast beef, corn beef, ham, turkey, salami, etc inside. He is a man of great hunger, and typically all that would seem appealing. Of course, he is running for his life, so he barely notices it. The gigantic man realizes there is probably a butcher's knife or something behind the counter if he cared to look. About ten yards away is a small stairway that goes up to the second floor of the building. Frank is not sure what is up there though. There is another door at the top of the stairs. Past a few tables and chairs there is another door to the street on the other side of the building about fifteen yards away. He must decide his next move ...
Dice Pool: 7 (Strength + Stamina + Vigor). 6 Vitae Remaining. 3 Success. Destroyed

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:09 am

Bob keeps his distance from the panicked, frenzied junkie, trying to get him to calm down and stop his flight. All his efforts just seem to worsen the poor bastard's mental state. He's close by now, and Bob just notices that the guy smells like shit. Worse even. In the back of Bob's mind, it occurs to him that if a shit were to take a shit - eau de this guy would be the result...

"But I digress... This is getting nowhere but out of hand quickly... god damn me and my overconfidence, I just may have to put this guy down!"

Bob starts slowly reaching towards his holster, backing off from the giant in front of him. He calmly takes stock of his area, and his possible escape choices, as he tries to communicate with the crazy bastard in front of him one last time...

"Noone will be hurting anyone sir, just stop running and back off... from..."

The man in front of him roars, hurling a gigantic, meaty fist at the Deli's door.

SMASH!

The door explodes into splinters. Literally. Bob throws up a hand to deflect hundreds of tiny wooden slivers, flying in every direction. He can feel them flying into his exposed hand, lodging themselves in the fibers of his suit, scraping en masse across his forehead as he turns reflexively to avoid the rain of shards.

When the dust clears, he sees the gigantic figure, disappearing into the darkness of the closed deli. He wipes his forehead. Blood.

"Dear. God..."

Bob tries to step back a little further, and reaches into his jacket - for his cell phone. He fumbles at the keys, trying to place a call to Dispatch...

"Shit, shit, shit... What the hell IS this thing?!"

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:54 am

The briefest of moments passes as the confused mind of Frank filters through his options. Quickly he looks up the stairs then to the opposite door. ...Face your demons and you will prevail his grandmother had told him... Suddenly Frank looks back to the door he came through. Almost instinctively he moves off to the side of the shattered door and cocks his arm back. Listening for the pitter patter of the running officers feet on the pavement outside, he clenches his sledge hammer like fist. ...If I cannot out run him i'll have to do it the old fashioned way...
Perception=wits(2)+composure(3), Readying a sucker punch if he try's to enter. Sucker punch pool=strength(4)+brawl(4)+vigor(2)+specialty:dirty fighting(1)
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Jackson 14, Kruger 13, Frank 10, Wainwright 9
But the cop does not actually enter. He looks into the broken door, pulling out his cell phone, staring directly at the gigantic, shirtless, figure staring back at him only about ten yards away or so.
Not unlike Frank's mangled door, the back door flies open from the foot of one of the uniformed officers, Kruger. He stands at the other end of the deli, pointing his handgun at Frank. "FREEZE! GET ON THE GROUND NOW!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:52 am

Bob, finally regaining his composure, hits speed-dial on Dispatch - he waits for the all-too familiar voice to come through... but he doesn't bother paying attention to the words themselves.

"49 Maubert Ave. We have a suspect holed up inside. Looks like he's on drugs - he just punched a reinforced door off its hinges. Requesting backup. Be advised, subject is extremely dangerous."

He flips his cell phone closed again, looking the huge man straight in the eye.

"You can't get away. Do what the officer says."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 am

Frank is taken back by the balls on this son of a bitch. He takes a step forward. "Perhaps you should get on the ground Mr. high and mighty". The words come from someplace dark, deep inside. Pent up hate, a really bad day, or a repressed memory. He doesn't know why he says it but it feels good to him. His hands clench and open as he talks, "Maybe you and the man behind me should just go away before someone gets hurt". The giant crave's the one thing that used to make all the pain and bad memories go away. The one thing that he hasn't been able to keep down all night, alcohal. Each minute adds to his frustration making his flesh feel as though its on fire. He knows that the man behind him has a bead. He can almost feel the officers finger on the trigger. Frank cast an, I know your there; glance at the man to the rear of the building. A sudden calm seems to over come the garbage man. "He puts away his gun and I come peacefully or we dance. I'm going to leave that to you officer". He stands deathly still the only thing moving is the occasional involuntary ripple of a spasming muscle.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Typically, the police do not negotiate with perps. The uniformed police officer has his finger on the trigger, ready to fire without a second thought, especially after the man threatens the detective.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:38 pm

Bob is about to give up, draw, and prepare to cap the oversized individual in front of him... but something about the calm in his voice stops him from that course of action...

" The hell...? This isn't some strung out drug addict... what the hell is he on?"

"Kruger, lower your weapon."

"The man just offered to come with us...after that display, even..."

"Sir, I'm willing to write this off as a misunderstanding, if you would be so kind as to cooperate. I don't know what we'll do about the door, but as you could have guessed from the alley, there are more important things to worry about right now..."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:24 pm

"Sir?" asks the uniformed police officer after the very strange request. He does lower his gun, but pulls out handcuffs in his other hand as he begins to move forward. "On your belly!" yells Kruger to Frank, preparing to take him into custody.
Kruger now stands about one yard away from Frank
Frank must decide how to react.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name