A Strange Offer

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: A Strange Offer

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:36 pm

The old man smiles, "Yes, she told me. Welcome to the party," he says, waving a hand about. Dr. Turnbow smiles, his teeth coffee stained from years of use. "I was a black belt in Judo, years ago, when I was stationed in Hawaii for the Navy." Now that formalities are generally out of the way, he says, "Melina here says you have quite some skill. Many instructors have little more the pomp and rhetoric."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:14 pm

Brandon smiles humbly.
"I had some very good teachers and plenty of opportunity to learn. I've been lucky."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:16 pm

The party is going on around them, but the doctor seems mostly oblivious to it. Melina stands there, a smile on her face, listening to the two speak. "I am glad you could come," he says, "We have a proposition for you."

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:19 pm

"I'm interested."
Brandon takes a sip of the wine, trying to get his mental gears to stop grinding.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:25 pm

"A job offer," Dr. Turnbow says, "Basically."

He looks over toward Melina, "Base salary of one hundred thousand dollars a year. Your choice, within reason, of a location for a new building for your martial arts school, which you keep all profits of, but we shall pay for the upkeep of the school itself ... Full medical, dental, and so forth ... A townhouse here on the property all for yourself .. and many other benefits that I am either not aware of, or simply don't have the breath to speak of." He laughs slightly, "And, of course, no more problems with those filthy Chinese gangs."

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Brandon almost chokes on his wine. His next impulse is to take another big sip of it to help him get to grips with things, but it looks like he'll be making an interesting decision in the near future, so he curbs that impulse.
"Basically a job offer?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:48 pm

"Yes, basically." the doctor says, "Just a lucrative one." He looks over Brandon, "Of course, it is not a nine-to-five job. Very regularly, you won't do anything for us at all."

He nods, "Follow me, Mr. Bell." He begins walking, around the piano, and toward the stairs on the opposite side of the room that head up into the manor.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:13 pm

What could they possibly need me that badly for?
Intrigued, Brandon follows the man up the stairs.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:42 pm

Brandon, Melina, and Dr. Turnbow walk up the short flight of stairs, take a left onto the second level, and walk around the hallway. There is a nice oaken banister on the ledge, which if you look over you can see the man room, the room that they were just in. This floor is just as nice as the bottom, leaving nothing to want. Turnbow makes for a door, taking out a small key, unlocking the room and pushing it open. "Come. We can speak more here." He walks through the door, a light flipping on as he does so.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:11 pm

Brandon sits down, frank puzzlement on his face.
"Are you people really with the FBI? I didn't think it was quite this extravagant."