A Strange Offer

Modern nights, the revelations of the darkness among the mortals. Run by TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: A Strange Offer

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Melina turns over to Brandon and smiles, "I was in the FBI," she says, "Sorry about the deception." He pauses for a few moments, looking the man over, "I was recruited by the doctor about five years ago. And I am sure glad he did." She takes a deep breath, "I know this might be strange, even annoying, or scary, to you know, but you will find it well worth it." She breaks into a smile, "Plus the benefits are great!" laughing afterward.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 pm

An FBI agent and five-year government assasin and she sounds like my kindergarten teacher!
"I don't know if I'd call it annoying. Scary, I'll give you."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Melina's smile turns slightly, nodding, "I know. We would do anything you can't handle at first." She stands up, walks over to the wall, a painting hanging on the wall. She pulls it off the wall and sits it upon the ground, exposing a safe. She turns the knob to the right, to the left, and then to the right again before opening it with the correct combination. She then pulls a stack of bills and vanilla folder from the safe before shutting it and replacing the painting.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:43 pm

This business is a cash economy. No surprise there...at least I won't have to report my income.
Brandon just sits and waits for Melina to explain the envelope.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The First Assignment

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:53 pm

"This is ten thousand, cash," she says, "Petty money for this operation." She walks back over and hands Brandon the brick of bills. "We're arranging for your pay, and whatnot as we speak, in the next week all that should fall into place."

She sits back down, "But first let's look and see what we have." She opens the folder. There is a picture of a gruff looking fellow with a black jacket on. He wears no shirt beneath it.

"We need to find out what this guy is up to," she says, "His name is Oliver Watts. Twenty-eight years old. General low-life for years. Pedophile, rapist, murderer." She passes the folder over to Brandon which lists out his rap-sheet and vital statistics. "Recently, looks as though he has been a busy boy, joined a terrorist group called the Pure. Neo-nazi activity," she explains. "Problem is, he used to work as a tech for the Nuclear Power Plant. You know what that means ..."

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Re: The First Assignment

Post by Toptomcat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:31 pm

"What's my role? Investigation isn't my strong suit."
What I wanted to say, but couldn't due to a lack of dots in Science and Intelligence:
"That he has an understanding of nuclear power that anyone with a bachelor's in physics has, and thus might build a nuclear weapon given horrifically expensive and vanishingly rare weapons-grade plutonium- just like dozens of other members of terrorist groups around the world who are much more likely to use it on American soil?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:53 pm

"We need to find out what he's up to," Melina says, "You will stand as my guard while I snoop around his apartment."

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:58 pm

"That sounds simple enough. What kind of info do you people have on the Pure- membership, resources, geographic center...?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:26 pm

Melina says, "They are lots of places. They have members from every aspect of society ..." She pauses, shaking her head, "All that's not really important right now." She pulls the folder back, "Tomorrow night, 4 AM, I will pick you up at your apartment."

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:21 am

Translation: I'm not cleared for it. Why do I get the feeling I'll be running into walls like that a lot?
"Got it. I'll wear something...understated, I guess?"