First Steps

A group of young adults of the Frostfangs has decided to take their winter walk together. The Great Glacier is a dangerous place but one with much promise of renown and reward. These Frostfangs trek out into the cold to forge their own path and destiny.

Run by the GM Grimathor.
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: First Steps

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:13 am

Some quick joke of little import sticks in Iluak's throat. His jaw drops to hear Amarok's request.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:07 pm

Falrim also looks at Amarok side long. The seer's hair is wipping about under his hat as the wind blows. "Such a request is perhaps beyond the scope of this trial Amarok. Then again, he did say any." The pale youth steps forward, "I would reserve my request for when we return? If that would be acceptable?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 pm

The tent flap of her grandfathers yurt opens and falls back onto the main part of the tent with an audible *THWUMP*. Shaking a thin layer of snow from the lodging to the icy ground below. From within emerges a heavily cloaked figure. A bundle in her arms and accompianied by a thick cloud of smoke drawn to the open sky without. "Chief you say, bah". The figure drops the hood of her cloak. The face revealed is that of Chubai. The young woman infamous for being stubborn. Even in the face of danger. So grumpy that many of the village boys mothers won't even allow them to court the girl. This however doesn't seem to bother her. Prefering to be alone most of the time any way.

Closing the heavy flap. She gathers the bundle at her feet and walks towards the actual chief. Giving the slightest of bows before the man. "As is my right. I have but one request. Not for myself but for my grand father, who has served as a hunter for this tribe. My request is simple tend to him as he has tended to your needs all these years and if he should pass before I return bury him amongst our ancestors in the sacred caves to the north. He has earned that much from you". Her words are harshly spoken but true. She pulls the bundle up to her shoulders a settles it into place. The packs heavy red felt finely woven. As she situates it her cloak opens slightly revealing the petrified mammoth bones that serve as armour and the long knife so typical amongst the members of the tribe. When ready she moves to stand aside the others not saying another word...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Iluak sighs inwardly. I had almost forgotten. She comes with us. The boy who's everybody's friend strains at times against Chubai's confrontational aggression. Still, they have grown up together, and as with the others Iluak will struggle to preserve her life - for all the thanks it will earn him.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Garsh simply smiles and says, "All in due time. Your requests will be done, some before others but all in due time. Falrim, that is acceptable as well. I shall see to your grandfather myself, Chubai." Garsh adds, looking Chubai's way.

"So what is your path, young cubs? Let your feet carry you, or do you have a destination in mind?"
A new player to the site has expressed an interest in this game, so lets continue the RP for a bit and hopefully get them added before you leave

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:02 pm

"Home again suits me just fine," Iluak quips, "Let us walk until we would walk no further, and then come back."
A private shame hides behind his humor - though he can hunt, explore and forage with the best of them, his knowledge of geography is minimal. Maps would be useless, as reading has always proven impossible for him (who could make sense of all those little marks!).
Dyslexia - it's not a disability, it's a class feature!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:07 am

Even as the chief speaks the dour Chubai shows almost no emotion upon her face. Besides the perpetual frown she always wears. "I will hold you to your word". Then she continues, "My path will take me until fate say's that I am to walk no more". She has always pushed herself and this test is to be no different...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:23 am

Amarok, expecting a rebuke from Garsh, is glad that he has not recieved it. In response to the question, he says, " I have no plans for when to come back. Whenever, I guess, my spirit tells me it is the right time to come home. There is no point in coming home before then. I don't know that much of the outside, so this may be a chance to find other travelers, and maybe get rid of that weakness. But, I at least, have no destination. Wandering can do just fine."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:20 am

The sour young woman Chubai turns as Amarok finishes speaking. Giving him a look. "When the spirit says. If that spirits name is poogie. You'll be back before nightfall". She chortles to herself. An odd looking smile threatning to crack the girls hardened features, as she reference's an incident from the young man's youth.
Just trying to flesh out backgrounds and work towards a cohesive history between the characters. Hope you don't take offense Illeveun.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:46 am

Oh, I'm totally fine with that. I think I'll do same

Amarok blushes a little bit, remembering that particular occasion. He had a fight with his mother and father, and, getting angry, stormed out of the house and fled into the wilderness. Frankly, he got hungry, and started to miss his family and his home. Chubai had heard about and went out after him, trying to, in her own way, convince him to come home, but, because of his pride, Amarok still wouldn't. Eventually, Chubai persuaded him to fight her, and if he lost, to come back. She beat him the first instant of the fight, with a swift blow on the head with her staff, causing Amarok to fall unconscious for a minute. Upon waking up, he uttered "poogie", which may or may not have been a childhood toy he was attached to. He swiftly ran home after that.

"But...but, Shhh!" Amarok is clearly too embarassed to speak of it.