First Steps

A group of young adults of the Frostfangs has decided to take their winter walk together. The Great Glacier is a dangerous place but one with much promise of renown and reward. These Frostfangs trek out into the cold to forge their own path and destiny.

Run by the GM Grimathor.
ignuspyre
Level 3
Level 3

Re: First Steps

Post by ignuspyre » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Kyllean Greystorm stepped forward from where he'd been crouching. He was a lean young man, tall and lanky, not yet full grown most likely. He had the fairest hint of facial hair, but a very long and wild mane of grey hair on his head that whipped around in the wind. He was dressed in whites and grays, mostly animal furs, but he carried a light shield and a couple of hand axes to compliment his shortbow.

His cold blue eyes with flecks of grey in them swept over the group he'd be travelling with, pausing on each of them and he nodded. He rarely spoke, saving his voice for when it was necessary. "I wish nothing but my place among the tribe when I return. No more talk behind my back. I will be a full hunter and warrior, with all the benefits."

Kyllean was born during one of the most violent storms the tribe had ever seen and several members had died during it, including his father. Some whispered that his father had to die so he could live and that he wasn't human, but there was no proof to back that claim. His grey hair and the strange colored eyes he had only added to the distrust and sometimes fear or hatred he was shown by others in the tribe.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:02 pm

"No sense crouching over there, Kyl! Stand with us!" Iluak smiles and shifts to make a place beside him for his quiet companion.

The discolored boy is understandably bitter; considering his closeness to his own father, Iluak can barely imagine a life without one. He's always tried to be friendly and open with Kyllean, sometimes with more success than others.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:05 am

Falrim nods to the chieftain and moves to stand with the others, "We shall travel until the wind speaks in two voices, and the waters turn green with envy." The strange seer closes his eyes as he stands, unshivering, in the cold wind of the village. He casts a glance at Kyllean, "And the Stormtouched joins our group. We are ready now to begin." Falrim is known for saying things like this, some of them seem to make sense, some don't, it is perhaps the effects of being the son of a Seer and an Oracle.
I think we are set, lets hit the road!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:54 pm

Garsh stands before the gathered cubs wearing the grin of a proud father. "When next we see you, you will be wolves. Good luck and may your journey be safe and fruitful."

The cubs say their final farewells and head north out of the village following one of the hunting trails the village uses. After about an hour a light snow begins to fall.

There are a few paths the companions could take. The first goes north west and winds it's way to the pass that the settlers found those many years ago, the pass is about two days travel. The second path leads north east and leads to the hunting grounds of the tribe and is well travelled. The third direction would be directly north to the unexplored part of the valley, that would take almost a week to get to.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:55 pm

"A new direction?" Iluak points north. "An easy start will let us establish routines before we need to face harsher conditions. What do we think?"

ignuspyre
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ignuspyre » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:08 pm

The young man sniffs the air a few times, looking from one path to the other slowly. Then he looks back to the group.

"I would vote the unexplored path personally. More danger, more chance for glory and tales to tell. But I do not overly care which path we take."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:31 pm

"The path less taken shall be more difficult, yet shall provide the greatest rewards. North into the wild." The Seer tugs his cloak around his neck then stoops. From the ground beside him are a pair of snowshow, he straps them on his feet, checks them and stands, ready to tred out into the snow.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:55 am

Chubai slides her booted feet into a set of snowshoes. Listening to the brave words of the others. As soon as the last strap is fastened she stands. Emitting a short grunt. "Always wasting time instead of embracing it, bah". She produces her walking stick. Made of a thick knotted wood the stick reminds many of the bruises and welts. She sinks the staff heavily into the snowy ground and begins walking. Not willing to waste anymore time....
Heading North.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:34 am

Amarok nods in agreement, and asks, "Is it okay if I scout ahead? I think I have the ability to be hidden and silent the most among us." He waits for a response, ready to go.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:06 pm

"Only if you can overtake Chubai!" Iluak nods off at the retreating girl. "Myself, I'll bring up the rear for now. Make sure nobody falls behind."