House Rules

This is for House Rules, NPCs, Monsters, and conversions can go here. Discussions relating to third-party content such as DM's Guild products and submissions of publications.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon May 16, 2005 2:47 pm

I like this rule, KG... and I used it when I was forced to run d20. It was either run d20 or break up the group.

My players didn't like it so much though! They didn't like some of the realism things I was trying to pull over from Shadowrun. ;)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 17, 2005 6:34 pm

Yes I like it too, althought it didn't help us when you were slaughtering the Kung Fu party last week. Grumble grumble (Ogre) grumble grumble.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue May 17, 2005 7:14 pm

That's what happens when parties split up. They get smacked around by ogres. Now let it go, before I decide to put Rust Monsters in my RL Star Wars game. :twisted:

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Tue May 24, 2005 5:19 pm

Yeah, c'mon Vardaen. You gotta admit, K_G DIDN'T kill us all off then. (Says the character who saved the party.) My Sohei kicks ass! That session was awesome! Of course, it might have been better without all the bitching K_G did cause his Shaman's spells weren't working in combat! (I think he'll keep that in mind when I start casting spells (my Concentration skill bonus isn't that high, y'know.) He'll have his day, I'm sure. btw - we miss u IRL

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Tue May 31, 2005 2:57 pm

Couse of the lack of playing activities around me (both pnp and pbf), I lack any house rules,
would it offend anyone if I make sugestions on some of the rules posted?
and would be in place such a post?
I dont want to turn this into some argue about this rules suck or you are a lame and such...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue May 31, 2005 3:07 pm

Go ahead, I'm sure any criticism will be constructive in nature.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue May 31, 2005 5:48 pm

Yep. That's what this topic is for. Presentation and discussion of House Rules. I think, in the new forum layout for the new site, that there'll be a House Rule thread in each of the main game type Forums. That'll probably help with the discussion too. :)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:03 pm

Multiclassing in d20 Star Wars

As it stands, when a character takes level in a basic class other than the one he started in, all skills that aren't covered by the new class are then considered cross-class skills.

Example:
At 1st level, a character chooses the Noble class. Among other things, this makes Diplomacy a class skill.

At 2nd level, the character levels up as a soldier. Now Diplomacy is a cross class skill.

As a house rule, and an official part of my online campaign, if a character has ever had a skill as a class skill, it shall remain as such. I know this has been an official D&D rule since 3.5E, and it baffles me that it didn't find its way into the revised Star Wars.

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:48 am

Combat Option and Feat for d20

If attacking on the defensive gives a +2 to AC and a -4 to attack rolls, why not allow reckless attacking?

Reckless Attack (or Fighting on the Offensive):
Character gains a +2 on all attack rolls this round, but suffers a -4 penalty to their AC until their initiative next round. This can be done as part of a full round action or as part of a standard attack action.

Which brings me to a new Feat...

Offensive Fighting Style
could have a better name, I know
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +2
When performing a Reckless Attack, the character suffers a -2 penalty to his Armor Class.
Normal: When performing a Reckless Attack, characters would suffer a -4 penalty to their Armor Class.

Thoughts?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:39 am

Isn't that like the same thing as charging, only you don't need to move?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name