Prelude: Thegan's Dream

There are things that some people don't understand. Then there are things that they don't want to believe. Then last of all there are those that know the truth and hunt it down. You are one of those people...

As told by the Storyteller MadVlat
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Prelude: Thegan's Dream

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm

...Blackness. Only broken by the glimmer of bare steal in the moonlight. It fades only to reemerge with the stain of crimson along its edge. The color is a stark contrast to the nothingness surrounding it. You can hear the muffled gurgling echoing in the shadows. Your moving forward once again, a void of emotion over comes your senses. The german shepard looks up from its crumpled position on the ground. Your hand strokes its head. Soothing the troubled animal... The knife is odd. Though you can't see the details of its length as it makes the first cut. The flesh peels away more with each seperate slice. The dog whimpers as it still clings to its ebbing life. Its once handsome and noble features now replaced with a grotesque display of bared muscle and tooth...

*Beep, beep, beep, beep*. The alarm clocks alarm screams into your ears and the dream is gone like a phantom. Your eyes open. Their sight blurred as the afternoons brightness pours through the gap in the shades. The dream lingers for a few moments more. As they always do. Your sheets are saturated with the sweat of nightmares and unbearable heat. Its always worse in the summer. The dreams are more vivid and worse yet more frequent. Making you wish you didn't have the gift anymore. After all you didn't ask for it...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: Thegan's Dream

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:50 am

Gregory awakes with a start. Even though he has grown accustomed to dreams just like this one, he has never grown comfortable with it. He turns slightly towards the clock and brings his fist down upon it as hard as he possibly can while half-asleep. *CRUNCH* the clock beeps it's last as the LCD screen shatters spraying plastic and other assorted junk around the room.

He starts to sit up and rub his eyes and face. When he suddenly notices his left hand is dripping wet. Blood and from the feel of it, lots. "Shit, gotta clean this off." He says as he stands up and walks towards the shower, he turns on the water and begins to clean up whilst he picks chunks of plastic from his hand. Then he grabs up his dream journal and writes down the details of his "vision". Then he vacuums the floor in his room. After that is all done he turns on the T.V. and watches the afternoon news, while he waits for his friends/ Bandmates to come home from work.
will get you my history as soon as its written up.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Though all minor in nature the cuts on his hand burn as the water goes deep. He finishes picking out the shards and goes into the medical cabinet. He moves to the table and drops everything in a mound on its surface. He turns the T.V. on and sits down. As Thegan bandages up the wounds the afternoon news flashes a headline about the Sleepy Hollow Slasher. Some how he knows that he can help the police, but both times he's called they put him off as another crank. Personally Gregory believes that he would do the same thing if it was him on the other end of the line. The bandages are snug and his hand throbbing. He looks at the remainder of the clock and realizes that it wasn't his. His roomate was surely going to be pissed this time...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:07 am

Strike one. Your first three day ruling. You have to post more regularly Mr. Monkey or I will have really bad things happen to your PC.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 pm

Gregory thinks to himself 'Well I really don't want to go out in this heat, but if I don't replace Jimmy's clock he'll try to kill me, and I don't want him to have to remember my abilities the hard way'¦again. The last time he tried to fight me I picked him up without ever touching him. Well I did warn him not to hit me.' Gregory allows himself a slight chuckle before he returns to his thoughts. 'Hmmm, I guess I should get moving.' With that he gets dressed. He usually has himself clad himself in dark colors, but in this heat he knows that would be a bad idea. So he puts on a light grey T-shirt and blue jeans with some burn holes from work. Then he ties his stark white hair back into a ponytail. And picks up his wallet... he has 100 bucks on him, but he knows that he'll have to get gas today. To he takes his bank card also and heads out the door

He heads out to his car'¦ a completely rebuilt 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport, this car is his baby. It was rebuilt with a 350 Chevy 4 bolt main that can kick out 500 hp at 5,700 rpm, augmented with a 3,000 stall speed converter, and a 4 core radiator. Its paint job is 'œawesome sauce' dark blue with twin black racing stripes. Its license plate reads YOGENSHA. And after admiring his baby he gets in and sets off for the electronics store. Heading through the business district trying to avoid traffic.
I"MMM BAAAAAACCCCKKK :twisted: Yes that's right, I have returned to wreak havoc through the world via the internet. Hope you all can forgive me for my absence.
Last edited by EvilMonkey on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 am

Welcome back EM. Now that your back in I expect regular post from you. If this warning isn't heeded. Then I will be forced to crucify Gregory on a scalding hot bed of woven Barbwire. ARE WE CLEAR ON THIS?
Gregory is caught at the intersection light. The signal seeming to have gone dormant in the middays scalding heat. His T-shirt is saturated with sweat giving him the appearance of a drowned rat. The fabric clinging to his meager frame. Finally there is a flash of green and he sees the first two cars turn to the right ahead of him. His ears catch the shattering of breaking glass and the screech of breaks. So his hand slaps the turn signal and he veers to the left lane hoping to avoid what he concieves as an accident. As he passes the side street he sees a large city bus turned away from the curb and seemingly stopped in the middle of the road. He hits the gas pedal and surges past. Deciding to take the next right instead...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Gregory thinks to himself ' Wow I wonder what happened don't see buses crash too often. I wonder which bus that was I hope it wasn't the one that Dave (our drummer) takes to get home from work because that would piss him off.' Gregory chuckles to himself. 'Why wont he just buy a car like the rest of us he has the money and even if he didn't we all offered to chip in for him to get one. Why does he always have to be so stubborn?' Then he looks down at his fuel gauge and realizes he's on a quarter of a tank so he heads down the road towards the cheapest gas station. Then says aloud 'œWell it looks like it's just about time to promise the oil companies my first born son.' He laughs at his own joke, as he drives down the road...
Hmmm Sounds Kinky, just dont forget the living snake this time :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously warning heeded.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Taking the next right. Gregory begins to move down the street running parralell to the accident. He knows that the shortest route to gas and stores is about seven blocks away. Halfway down the road he is just about to hit the gas peddle when out of an alley way bolts one of the mangiest curs that he's ever encountered. The filthy animal missing great swaths of fur from its coat. It is in one of those barren patches that he sees a long cut or abrasion bleeding. Without second thought he slams on the brakes of the chevelle. Skidding to a noisy stop. Both beast and driver look at each other. Sensing some strange bond between them. Then as suddenly as the dog had emerged. It bolts into another alley way across the street and disappears from view...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 am

Gregory pulls to the side of the street as he tries to regain his composure after that little 'œencounter'. He looks around to try and see if he can find out where dog has gone to, even though he knows that it is probably long gone by now. 'œThat was'¦ interesting.' Gregory says with a puzzled look. After looking around he hops back into his car and drives down the road. Hoping to be able to get this done and be back home by 5:00pm at the latest.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 am

Heading back to his car. Gregory hears the car approaching behind him. Before he turns around to look he can tell that the police are on the scene. As the squad cars lights cast reflections on the nearby windows. Shit, he thinks to himself.

The next thing he hears is the buzz of artificial lighting. His head pounds. His brain beating against the skull. Opening his eyes he sees the dim light on the ceiling above. Gregory is in a small concrete room. Its only furnishings a cot, a door, and a small vent which is blowing cool air into the room...