Prelude: Nielson's Deepest Scar

There are things that some people don't understand. Then there are things that they don't want to believe. Then last of all there are those that know the truth and hunt it down. You are one of those people...

As told by the Storyteller MadVlat
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Prelude: Nielson's Deepest Scar

Post by MadVlat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 am

"The scary men won't let me see mommy". Her face looks up to the man. "How come daddy? How come they won't let me stay with mommy?". Joseph's mind retreats back to the image of his Alice's face lying upon the floor of the janitorial closet and a coldness grasps his soul. The urge to kill stemmed by his daughters loving embrace...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:16 pm

"Mommy's not able to see you right now, Pun'kin." Nielson holds his daughter's gaze, pouring all of his love into her eyes. "She's helping Daddy find a monster. It wants to scare and hurt people, and your Mommy and Daddy aren't going to let that happen. We need to be quick and smart and strong to fight the monster. Can you help us be quick and smart and strong, baby?"

A minimalist argument, to be sure, but the truth has to wait. If I think too much about it, I may be crying more than she is. I need to keep her safe.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:45 am

The little girl smiles for a minute. Then flexes her tiny arm. "I am strong daddy see". The innocence of the girls actions temporarily offsetting the sorrow that he feels deep within his chest. "Want to see how fast I can run daddy?"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:23 pm

"Sure, Pun'kin. Run to the wall and then back to me." Nielson fights down the sudden urge to hold her tight and never let go. He needs to take this slowly; the poor girl doesn't need her dad going crazy now.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 am

The young girl is truly fast. Her little feet carrying her forward towards the wall in an akward looking gait. Joseph can't help but smile. Her hand touches the cold masonry and she whips around and darting back. Her trek ended with a small leap, "Tada". So much like your mother he thinks to himself. The girls arms are still outstretched when the door opens once again. Peeks walks through accompianied by a young woman. In his nasaly voice he pipes. "Hey there cutie. Me and your daddy need to speak. So I was wondering if you could help Cassie make us some sandwiches. Your daddy must be hungry". The womans hand raises to about waist hieght. "Come on darling. You can tell me what kind of stuff he likes on his sandwiches". Her pleasing smile beckoning the child. His daughter looks up. Staring up into his eyes as if seeking his permission...

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:05 pm

"Go on, Pun'kin. Daddy'll come for you when he's done helping here." The words come slowly, but the last sentence, at least, is pregnant with conviction.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 am

The girls leave the room on their way to the kitchen. Peeks closes the door quietly. Then begins to speak in his nasally voice. "I'm sorry for your loss Joseph". His words emerging as somewhat heartfelt. Unusual for the bureaucrat. "I just learned about her death this morning. We had decided to pull you out of hiding when all this went down". He looks at Neilson something shifting in his demeanor. "What the hell happened out there?"...

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:27 pm

"It wore her face. Like a mask." Nielson describes as best he can the being that he pursued, its appearance, habits and behaviors. He must be factual; he must be precise. To do otherwise would impede the capture of the monster that killed his wife.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:31 am

Peeks looks Nielson in the face. No emotion just a cold stare. "At first it was just another psycho, but now we have certain information which tells us that the creature which killed Alice is something much worse and certainly much more dangerous". He lets his words sink in for a moment. "We of course will be forming a very special squad to apprehend this thing and were wondering that with your background. If you would be interested in heading that team up?"...

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:29 am

"Can you keep my daughter safe?" Nielson's tone is not accusatory, nor does it communicate his vast store of rage, anger and loss. Nonetheless, it captures perfectly the sincerity of this question; it demands an answer empty of bullshit. Peeks has lied to him before, and will lie to him again given the opportunity; just this once, however, Nielson will accept nothing less than the absolute truth.