Random Chatter

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Random Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Nice
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:05 pm

I missed that part in your post about making a separate OOC thread for my journal entries. I do like doing them in fact, so I'll get around sometime to starting a thread with the latest one. That one's ponderous enough to be a proper journal snippet for a thread post, beyond just a neat little blurb about her hindsight on whatever's going on.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:11 pm

You can put them in game, and collect them in an OOC thread as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed May 06, 2020 12:37 pm

So Aesgir's player bowed out, then? What about Renik's player, are they still with us?

By the way, DM and me decided that Merica used to be part of the Valorous Heart, and helped put down the riots on Sepheris Secundus. Your characters probably learned about that from her dossier.

I later looked up the Order of the Valorous Heart on the wiki...hmm. My RP hasn't quite fit the description here. These ladies are hard bastards indeed. Let's assume she's been reciting her daily verses under her breath up to now. And I'll have to come up with a reason for why she has some stimms on her.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Don't feel you have to stay 100% Stereotypical of that Order. There are reasons you in the Inquisition now rather than just serving as a standard Sister of Battle. You're allowed your differences, as long as they have internal explanations. :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 am

Will do. I'll let DM take some creative license with the Inquisitor's reasons for picking her. Hmm, I wonder if someone pressed some chainsaw teeth to her face to make that scar in the picture I'm using for her portrait... *nudge* Maybe she didn't like that. And I have to wonder how creative the Imperium would have to get when torturing a "witch" who was formerly a member of the Valorous Heart, beyond the use of an excruciator kit. In her mind, Merica would just be getting closer to their saint.

EDIT: Then again, that does present cause for differences...
Last edited by RorytheRomulan on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Right now, I know things are slow, mostly on my end

HungryXeno (Aegeir) did bow out

Damien, Haxtes, Merica are all in

silverfox posted up his LWAG game he's not going to be able to be around so Renik is NPC right now, and I'll probably just write him out of the story too because of it, I Can see it just being best.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:47 pm

One of my favorite streamers was playing Thief, and he read a few quotes from in-game texts from the Hammerites' scriptures. One of them was pretty metal, so I searched a link to the book that Garret finds scraps of throughout one of the levels.

https://thief.fandom.com/wiki/St._Edgar ... -game_text

The the text that made me find that link is this:
And so did the son come unto his father, and sayeth he: "Woe unto me, for hath I nothing to eat, Father, give me that which I need."
And so didst his father give to him an iron chisel and sayeth he: "Go into the world, and Builder grant thee the fruits of thy labor."
The next day did the son come unto his father, and sayeth he: "Woe unto me, for I can do naught with this chisel. Father, give me that which I need."
And the father didst give him a hammer of fine wood and metal, and sayeth he: "Go into the world, and Builder grant thee the fruits of thy labor."
And so did the son return, and sayeth he: "Woe unto me, for I cannot eat these, I cannot use these to catch fish or gather crops. Father, give me that which I need."
And the father didst cleave the begging hand from his son, and sayeth he: "The Builder hath granted thee the fruits of thy labor, which is naught."

Some of these verses look like they could be copy-pasted into Warhammer Fantasy as part of a mythos in dwarven culture. Either way, I thought this could be of use to someone for some inspiration for Mechanicus characters and lore. Or dwarves, incidentally, if you borrow it as-is.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm

That was a good game.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:52 am

Vardaen - Thank you for wrapping up the Dark Heresy game! :) Damien was the 2nd character I ever made for Fellowship of the Dice (back when it was Brennor's RPG Corner). I'm happy to see him have such a dramatic retirement. Nothing better than going out in a blaze of glory. For the Emperor!!!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."