Alter Egos

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Alter Egos

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Let's start a separate thread here for Alter Egos and the like. This will help us all sort things out. One option for folks is to go to the character thread where you are supposed to have your bios and you can add a new bio for your Alter Ego once its hashed out.

You can find a lot more info, good info, on Alter Egos both on the fly and in depth ones like Jericus bought in the Inquisitor's Handbook Chapter IX (pg 212) on page 214
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Alter Egos

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 pm

From the other thread
jp wrote:Post subject: Re: Character XP and Advancement - Chapter 3
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 am
I think Solaria will be known as Jet, simply because of all the black she wears.

What's all the other names?

And Rego can be a second bodyguard or a bounty hunter type. All feral and stuff, like he's from Loki or some other Feral World. That would explain his mannerisms.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm

And from other thread
MWD wrote:Alter Ego - Well, you could always address me as Scribe, using my title as a name. When pressed, we'll call me Victor. Good enough?

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Rego suggested that he be Jonath's personal confessor. I hadn't seen Jonath as important enough to have a private confessor. I don't want to draw attention to us. I want us to look typical. How much would having a provate confessor look strange?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I would certainly suggest you are higher ranking, perhaps noble, etc.

Another option for Rego is to perhaps be the buyer or the contact from the trade guild that you are working for. Perhaps HE is the one giving the orders to get whatever it is you are trying to get, etc.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:34 am

If we went with the option of me being in charge perhaps Mr. Draco could be trying to purchase an artifact that is believed to be on planet and of some import to the church. Its just a thought but would kind of make sense...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:06 am

I have to say that I like the idea of keeping things simple and typical. Anything out of the ordinary draws attention. Also, since Rego is a religious man, it might be best if his alter ego were not. The idea is to make us look different, not the same. He could easily be a devout person. But I don't think a religious type really fits this mission.

The two suggestions that I like are: (1) representative from Jonath's employer here to keep an eye on the negotiations, and (2) second bodyguard, sent because of how dangerous this place is. Both have their pluses and minuses. What do you think MV? Any thoughts from anyone else?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 am

I find Trog's ideas to be fine, both work. And he has a point an alter ego should be ALTERNATE not much the same. One option is Rego is the expert in the lore and field of the rare item you are seeking -- he is the only one that can authenticate the authentisity of your goal.

I think this all works fine and for my purposes is good enough to keep moving fowards.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 am

Xanthia's alter ego will be similar... bodyguard/assassin would have similar skillsets.

Fitting in with Solaria's black (possibly gem?) theme, I think I'll go for Onyx.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:38 am

Haxtes cannot disguise himself much - he is and will be a techpriest. Perhaps a technical advisor to the merchant? Any ideas?