Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Initiative: Iorgo 14, Cimbria 13, Abomination 12, Ishmael 8, Jericus 7, Xanthia 5, Mir 4
Seriously hurt, the woman Xanthia doesn't give up however. She slices at the Abomination and opens up a wound that cuts its kidney. With a second plung of her knife the beast topples to the ground with a howl that becomes a gurggling as it lands with a splash in the flamable fluid, dead.
Xanthia: Aim, WS: 43 Hit for 9 Dmg ' 3 T = 6 Wounds
The last thread of The Shattered ended, the Stone destroyed, the mutants and abominations dead, the team of Acolytes has won the day and done their duty to the God Emperor and the Imperium of Man....
Combat is over, and The Shatters are clear of danger. Nicely done. I think we get the general idea of combat and the base rules. There are alot more that we'll start to use in the next chapter once we crack open the main book. Lets continue with the RP but know we are nearly finished with the Intro.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Ishmael walks forward, replacing his knife as he does so. He then proceeds to point his hand canon down, at the abomination's head, and pull the trigger. Once finished making sure it is dead, he sighs, "Let's report our success." He wearily looks over at the mutant as he says this.
It was a good starter. We got to seem some stuff happen, like JP's massive head! It wasn't bad at all, though I think you'll find people more interested in character they create themselves. I plan on making a new character completely. Though, if I choose something similar to what Ishmael can do, I might just stay with him as a person. Do you know what length of time will pass from this adventure to the next? Will they even be connected? Or was this a one-shot?

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:13 am

Mir mumbles quietly to himself and looks at his axe. He walks over to Xanthia, "Well done". He would slap her on the back but she doesn't appear to be able to survive the blow if he did. "Lets get back to the surface. This place stinks of death"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Xanthia pierces the abomination with her blade, smiling cruelly as it slides off, leaving a sheen behind on the metal.

That's the second enemy my blade has damaged severely. Good blade.

She keeps both her blade and his pistol out and forces herself to remain on her feet, barely maintaining that. Her latest exertions caused yet more blood to trickle from one of her ears, but she doesn't seem to notice it.

She offers a smirk to Mir. "I'm just glad this thing didn't get a chance to attack me back!" She is then nodding in agreement. "Yeah, lets get outta here and find a nice place to rest."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Iorgo looks around, he knows his time is almost at an end. He walks to Ishmael, "There is something I must tell you before the deed is done and my soul sent onto it's next mission for the God-Emperor. Something about the Void-Born woman..." He looks over at the albino as he whispers this to the man.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Jericus leans on his staff and takes a few deep breaths. "That should be it," he says wearily. "From the look of the last room, this was probably the creature in control of what happened. With it gone, the mines should be safe - at least for now."

Then he looks over at Iorgo. "I'm sorry," is all he can find to say. With their mission completed, Jericus knows that the mutant's life is also at an end. "We'll tell our superiors that you died bravely."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Ishmael carefully puts a bullet in the Abomintions brainpan and the thing is certainly dead now. The group has destroyed the Antithsis Stone and slain the mutants and abominations that infest the Shatters. The group begins the slow walk back to the door that marks the entrance of the Shatters. Along the way they speak with one another Iorgo whispering something to Ishmael.

The group eventually returns to the door leading out of the Shatters and passes through it getting out of the toxic fumes that cling to the air there. Huddled in the corner of the passage is Rat, the man found in the office of the Shatters, jittering and twiching with fear.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Ishmael gives the big-headed mutants a long, stern, look. Immediately, his eyes move over to the albino woman but he does not say anything to her. "Does anyone have rope, or better yet, manacles?" He gives the mutant another look, "We need to deliver Iorgo to our master. I believe there is no reason to shoot him down here. Maybe, even, something can be done for him."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Iorgo smiles and gives thanks to the group as they offer their condolences. He appreciates they're kindness in telling the Ministorum of his bravery and deeds. Above all, he hopes that his words have found their mark with Ishmael and his prophecy heeded. Dark Times will come and a Savior will be born. As they near the doors, he unstraps his belt and pouches, giving his sidearm, grenade and belongings to the gathered. All he keeps is his icon, clutched tightly, for when the end comes...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:23 am

Cimbria sees the whispered conversation between Ishmael and Iorgo, and Ismael's glance in her direction, but pays it no heed. She smiles at Xanthia, they are both pretty battered.

"Nothing like a good battle, eh, Xanthia?" she says, walking beside the woman warrior and the feral Mir.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)