Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Mechanicus

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Mechani

Post by TetNak » Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 am

The Tech-Priest does not say anything further to the woman. His eyes does bore down on her, but without seeing past the respirator covering his mouth and nose it is difficult to tell what emotion, if any, is being shown.

His head turning, the Tech priest peers toward the Servitor saying 'Pass'. The two tubes surrounding the circuitry to his brain are quickly concealed from where he looks, as they are fitted fast on the back of his head. Whatever else he is cannot be easily gleaned because of the flowing red robes that covers the man's body. His bald head, and noticeable lack of biotics make this Tech-Priest stand out from others.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Solaria turns towards the door, her hand forming to the checked wood grip of the autostub, from habit more than anything. When she sees just a man there, she nods to him. The servitor would not have let anyone by without the proper authorization, thus marking him as part of the Inquisiton. "Salutaions, citizen and fellow inquisitor. Another addition to our merry little band has arived, Priest. I'm Trooper Solaria Limentus of South Precinct 13." Her smile is welcoming, but wary. The uniform, badge and riot helmet mark her as an Adeptus Arbite, Lawgiver and dealer of Justice for the Imperium.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Behind the new arrival two more people show up before he can make introductions. Behind him come two more, Mir and Frastus are their names, and they will soon be known. Each has papers, and presents them to the Servitor, "Pass" and "Pass" is heard two more times. Collected in the lift now, and only becoming slightly crowded are five people all come with the same orders and the same purpose. Yet the lift awaits one final person.
Welcome MadVlat and EK to this thread. Once we get Brennor here I'll be starting a whole new thread and the chapter will really start.

Intros from the new folks please.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed May 28, 2008 8:37 pm

Jericus steps in the lift and gives both its current occupants a nod, though his gaze pauses on the Tech-Priest a bit longer than the Lawgiver. He is a short, unassuming young man with brown hair and brown eyes, and wearing the nondescript grey clothing of a bureaucrat. The only thing at all noteworthy about him is a deep scar stretching across the left side of his face. Of course, given the state of the world, such marks are not altogether uncommon.

"Greetlings," he replies to the latter's salutation. "I'm Jericus, an archivist with the Admininistratum." He makes no comment about his status as an inquisitor. He considers it likely that Trooper Limentus was also an inquisitor, given her presence here. But as he has received no formal acknowledgment of her status, he makes no assumptions. It was not unheard of for the Inquisition to test its members in such ways.

"And you," he turns towards the Tech-Priest. "I thought you were dead." His expression does not give any clue as to whether he's happy or sad to find that he's mistaken.

Edited to add description of Jericus
Last edited by Trogdor on Wed May 28, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 pm

A tall, gaunt, stooped shouldered man in tatty robes stands before you, a hood covering his head.

He reches up to pull the hood back, and sickly looking grey skin is seen. As he flips back his hood, another shock: the symbol of the Imperial Psykers is branded into his forehead.

The man has intense, blazing green eyes, and copper hair flows from his head down to his shoulders in a scraggly, unwashed mess. The hair and eyes contrast with the grey skin, as he smiles at the others, revealing broken yellowed teeth.

"Greetings, comrades," he says softly. "I am Frastus, and I hope we can become...friends," he says after a long pause, a self-mocking smile twisting his face.

A strange sense of...otherness surrounds the man, as if he knows too much about things man was not meant to know.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:43 am

Solaria acknowledges Jericus' greeting, with a nod. She takes in the two others as they enter, listening to the Psyker for a moment. "I never thought I would live to see a Psyker! An honor, as it is, Frastus. Trooper Solaria Limentus, Adeptus Arbite and servant of the Inquisition." See looks over to the large man, with the intimidating axe next to him and nods, "From the Wild Worlds I see. I can imagine we'll great have a use for your prowess on whatever mission is at hand. The Inquisitors don't send people on bread runs from what I've heard." She smiles to let him know she jests, but studies him none the less as she speaks.
My desciption is loooong. Its on the first page if anyone cares to look.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Jericus enters along with Mir and introductions are starting. The doors close once more but the lift doesn't move, it seems you are waiting on one more person to make it six. That is when everyone hears the servitor on the outside of the lift speak one last time "Pass". The doors open and there standing in the doorway of the lift is the attractive woman that many know as Xanthia. The woman looks into the lift to find five others waiting and talking, a Tech Priest, an Arbite, Mir, Jericus and the strange man Frastus.
Welcome Brennor, the last one, to the thread. Once a the intros are finished. I will be starting a new thread, the offical non-solo, and things will kick off. I hope folks are liking things so far.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm

I've described myself twice already :)
The Tech-Priest looks of Jericus for several moments before saying anything. When he does so, his modulated voice contrasts to that of Jericus, "The probability of my death on this plant is much less than on a world now covered by the aftermath of war."

Haxtes' head shakes, but then stops, and rather suddenly, "Your calculations were obviously flawed."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu May 29, 2008 8:44 pm

"Well," Jericus says, apparently a bit thrown by Haxtes' comment. "I'm glad to see that you're alive." He gives the Tech-Priest a nod of his head and turns to face the others. He gives them each a nod of greeting as well, though says no more at present.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Frastus nods to Solaria.

"Hope that I am the only psyker you meet, mistress," he says in his soft voice.

"We are not known...for loyalty to any but the Emperor. And even that can be twisted by the horrors of the Warp,"

As he says this, his hand drops to the hilt of a knife at his side, the only fine thing on his person.

"If that happens, the only mercy I have is my psykana mercy knife, through my heart," he says with a soft smile, looking at the knife lovingly.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)