Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Alms House - Victory

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Xanthia stabs one of the dead a second time, just to be safe. The loot is collected, and Solaria gathers the weapons off the heretics in the other room for good measure too. Loaded to bare, the group is ready to move out.
I'll update Solaria's sheet with the weaponry.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:32 am

"Haxtes," Jericus says to his brother. "Can you restart the Chirurgeon's self-destruct? We can't afford to let anyone else see what's in this room, much less take any of it away before the Inquisition can clean it up." He feels bad for the hivers who live nearby. But a bit of damage from falling debris is nothing compared to the cleansing that the Inquisition would do if they thought this heresy was revealed to the general population.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:26 am

"Allright, I will restart the process, if I can. Are you ready?" Haxtes waits until everyone is ready, then gets to work on the screen, reinitiating the self-destruct.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:07 pm

"Will the explosion be big enough to start a Hivequake? We just have to make sure we don't bring the dome down on ourselves..." Going up in a Hive-city, Solaria has seen first hand what a proper Hivequake will do.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Time to Leave

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

A few inspections of the equipment and Haxtes confirms that he can restart the destruct, and that the blast 'should not' be large enough to bring down the hive around it.

So the group moves down and out of the third floor, taking a second to sweep the building once more on Xanthia's suggestion -- just to be sure. No one is found on the third floor, or the second. When you reach the first floor you find some hive scum have moved into the kitchen, but you quickly evict them, along with the food stuffs that aren't tainted. Soliara knows what its like to go hungry in the hive, and she sees to it that the food is removed from the Alm's House and give out to the hungry common man here in Coscarla District.

Haxtes remains on the third floor, and with a shout up the elevator shaft from the kitchen, that same shaft you *almost* climbed up at the very start, Rego calls out. "Burn the heresy to the ground Tech-Priest!" Haxtes then types in the final commands of the selfdestruct giving himself five minutes. The Tech Priest takes the same escape route as the Churgeon climbing down the elevator shaft to join Jereicus and you all in the kitchen. Hurrying out of the building, with Soliara and Xanthia already havnig secured a small place on the street far enough away the four Acolytes race for cover and dive behind it.

...tick...

...tick...

...BOOM...

The third floor of the Alm's House is blown into smithereens! The explosion rocks the eastern wing and the whole side collapses in on itself. The toxic chemicals billow up into the air in a thick green cloud of poison, and the fire races into the other wings of the Alm's House. In minutes the whole place is a conflaguration -- a pyre on which heresy burns.

With that task done you turn your attention on Rego, and confirm that he needs to meet your bosses in the Inquisition. The Cleric agrees to join you, and so you begin your trip to leave the district -- your job finished.

You haven't gone more than a block from the Alm's House when you spy a hab-block on fire, thick poisonous green smoke billows out of the upper story windows, the lower levels are consumed in fire, and Haxtes points out the remains of a bomb near the door to the hab-block that was blown free in the explosion it caused.

There is another earth shattering explosion again just as you are considering what to do. A few blocks north of you the hive shakes, and the rise of a green poison smoke can be seen.

The echoing sound of gunfire plays out as well somewhere in the distance in that same direction you had seen the Rhino Transport go before entering the Alms House.

This whole district is consuming itself it would seem, and its Time to Leave!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Time to Leave

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:38 pm

"We need to leave this place. It seems, blasphemy will sometimes eradicate itself, it only needs to be nudged a bit. Here we see that those who work against the Machine will be consumed by the cleansing fire." The Tech-Priest shuts up, this being one of the longer 'speeches' the taciturn follower of the Omnissiah has made. He looks his brother in the eyes, showing no feelings and folds his hands in the long sleeves of his robes.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 pm

"Such is the fate of heretics," Jericus agrees in a similarly taciturn manner. Then he nods and moves with the others towards the exit.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Rego smiles a grim smile as the Alms house goes up in flames. "The emperor's work, my companions. Those who may or may not starve in the next months will meet a fate far better than what they may have become. Perhaps the scum of this sector will find a way to better themselves in His service, now. "Let us go."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Solaria looks at the fires, her thoughts with the innocents that will burn alongside the heretics. "Innocent lives lost, in the service of the Golden Throne or not, still pull at my heart strings. May they find their way to the Emperor's side in the next life..." The Arbite hefts her load and makes her way with the others, leaving this behind and moving towards their employer's location.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Xanthia is surprised at the poisonous green clouds erupting all over this section of the Hive. Then she nods at Haxtes statements. "Seems very well to be true. I wonder what else they were trying to hide?"

She looks around the hive after Solaria's comments. "Let us hope that not too many were caught in the blasts. Chances are that there were some though. But for those who weren't, they've survived worse already."