Capitulus Secundus: Illumination

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: In Conclusion

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 am

Despite his mental injuries, Damien takes charge of documenting the supernatural side of the report-in-progress, as he is the only remaining Psyker left to do so. He keeps the heretical Tarot Card under lock and key, bringing it out a couple times to gently and carefully probe it for a greater understanding of its role in this debacle. He makes sure he has Rego present during any of these examinations to make sure that he remains uncorrupted by his investigation, ready with his sword should the Psyker show signs of possession. He gives the Card only the most cursory of probes, daring no further without a more senior Inquisitor present to guide him.

While the Cathedral has been massacred by the Warp Incursion, he does search it for any additional clues as to how Abbot Skae fell to Chaos. Perhaps hidden in some alcove, or in Skae's room, or a sub-basement. He also keeps an eye on the fabric of reality around the Cathedral, to make sure it is thickening back to normal after the disaster that rent it in twain.

When they are summoned to greet the returning Ashleen Warboss, he comes along but is not one of the first to speak. The words of Esha Raine were more than vindicated, and he knows that the Warboss and his followers are better friends to the Imperium than they deserved at the moment.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:53 pm

The people of Stern Hope are resiliant folk, and under the new leadership of Brother Lamark, and with the preaching of Father Rego and your help they are recovering. It is a long road, but baring any daemoning lingering taint, they should recover for the most part, but you expect a whole twenty five persent of them will never be the same or will be found wanting eventually and deemed corrupted by further Inquisition investigations. Damien's searches of the Abbot's chambers turns up little else, it would seem the Daemon Tysiak wormed its way into the mind and soul of the Abbot and the Seer and turned hope and pride against the two men respectively. He is satisfied that the rift between worls is closed.

At the gate Solaria offers Kos'ke a greeting with a wink. The warboss smiles back, "I lightened the load as required for my dogs to haul it here." That means he took everything out of the weapon locker you didn't already take. "The Dirge Singer does well and sends her congratulations to you all." He holds his hand out toward Jericus, "I have come to take *it* back." What he doesn't say, but the Adept knows what. "I have also come to tell you all that the Ashleen will not abandon the Emperor or his Immperium, your deeds have proven to me that standing with you is where we need to be. Esiha highly suggests however that you move this settlement, twice now the Crow Father has sought to enter the world here, a third time he might succeed. I agree with her."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 pm

In the past few days, Jericus has worked hard, documenting everything he can regarding what happened. Using all the dataslates he can scavenge, he prepares reports on the physical and mental well-being of all of the residents of Stern Hope, with appropriate comments by Damien and Rego. He commandeers the Priory as a base of operations, and sets up a medicae station there, as best he can with his meager skills. He also prepares a detailed report on his observations of the past days, urging all of the others, including Lamark, to prepare their own reports while the matter is still fresh in their minds, and before their memories are tainted by hearing the stories of others. He also urges that once they are searched for immediate threats, the cathedral, the Seer's room, and the Prior's room are sealed until a proper Inquisition investigator can arrive.

By the time the Ashleen arrive, he is half-asleep on his feet, having managed fewer than four hours sleep for the past several nights. He lets the others greet Kos'ke. But when the warboss asks for "it" back, the scribe nods and heads for the Priory, returning several minutes later with a small package wrapped in a cloth. Handing it back to Kos'ke he says, "please return this to Eisha with our thanks. Her help was instrumental to our success. And it's best this stay here, lest someone else need it in the future."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 pm

"We'll need to fix the axle before we head back, Boss. Haxtesand I can work on that." Solaria will direct some people to help in moving the Cargo 8 or use a tractor to pull it to a work shop. "We're the ones that are lucky to have you as part of the Imperium, Kos'ke. Without your help, we couldn't have defeated the Crow Father."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Kos'ke takes back the small package, "This shall stay among the Deathsingers if it is ever needed again." Tucking in into his pack he turns back to regard Solaria. "We shall call it mutually benificial then." The Warboss lifts his hand into the air and gives a circular sign, and his men round up the dustdogs and ready to ride out. "Good luck Acolytes." He remounts his own dog and then wheels it about riding off back the way they came without much more to say.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:43 am

Tired and sporting a heavy limp Rego watches quietly as the warboss and his men mount and head back the way they had come. No reason to be rude, he thinks to himself as his hand rises to wave goodbye. However, the focus of the priests mind of late is the groups departure from this desolate dust trap, something he plans to bring up when the timing is better...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:15 am

The Psyker nods at the wise counsel. He wishes they were not on a Feral World, as they will have to travel all the way back to Port Suffering so they can let the Inquisition know even that something is amiss. While an Exterminatus is now completely unnecessary, they would have means to enforce a quarantine on the city's ruins. "Esha Raine is right. I'm sure Brother Lamark, once he has recovered, can help the citizens relocate. But he will need support in preventing the repopulation of the ruins. Once we're done here, we need to get back to the Port posthaste."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 pm

"I'm sure that now the Ordos will know what's happened, they will assit in Ster Hope's move. The Inquisition will want the catherdral as a base and will use some cover up to move the town. All standard procedure I'm sure."

Looking around for Haxtes, Solaria calls out, "So Magos, shall we see about getting greasy and fixing an axle?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:22 pm

With the leaving of Kos'ke the Acyoltes turn to finishing what they must and getting out of Stern Hope. Solaria and Haxtes turn their attention to the Cargo 8x8 and the repairs needed to get it running. Damien, Rego and Jericus work withe Brother Lamark to organize the town and deal with all the fall out left over. Lamark is making a good recovery with the medicae skill of Jericus and the healing powers of Damien. Xanthia remains with the guard organizing them and helping them cope with loosing Brother Severus who was the man in charge of the defense of the town until he too fell to the whispers of the Crow Father. It takes another two days to fix the truck, but with it repaired, and with everything else in order, as much as it can be, you find yourselves packing the cargo truck for your return to Port Suffering.

As you load the last of your baggage into the back of the 8x8 Brother Lamark limps his way out to join you at it. This is your final fairwell here in Stern Hope. Lamark has that lasrifle slung over his shoulder still and leans on a crutch but soon enough he'll he walking at near full strength. "I.. I wanted to thank you all for coming to our rescue. I know it was your duty, and the Inquisition sent you in reply to our calls, but I don't believe we could have asked for a better bunch of Acolytes to help us, help me. I am enternally grateful." He looks down at the dirt, such talk doesn't come easy to the former Guardsman turned Churchman Leader of Stern Hope.
Last interaction in Stern Hope then off we go.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Solaria nods, "Listen, Brother... I'll be the first to say this. Duty is what comes first for us all, as you know all to well. The word of the Golden Throne cannot be denied. But what comes first in our hearts are the people. And the ones here are as much part of the Imperium as any overstuffed Lordling from a Hive Spire. They mean everything to us." Solaria smiles to the man and offers her hand to shake.