Capitulus Secundus: Illumination

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: In Conclusion

Post by Grimbold » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 am

Haxtes has been working on the truck, absolutely concentrated on repairing the truck, hammering and welding (and whatnot) on the vehicle. He does not say much but mumbles binary prayers from time to time.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:03 am

Acolyte Damien smiles at the awkward Brother, glad that his abilities came to some good. The Daemon infestation was made possible through Psyker powers, yet Psyker powers were necessary to save the life of Lamark. Perhaps there is some symmetry in this dark universe, some hope. The Imperium has lost a Seer, but gained a veteran group of Acolytes, and started the beginnings of peace on a world. Some hope, indeed.

All he does is leave his blessing upon the Churchman, a small ceremony of protection from the Dark Powers. It is the most he can do, and he leaves without regrets.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Lamark takes Solaria's hand and shakes it. "I will remember that, and I will remember you all." He then reaches up and unslings his lasrifle, "I wanted to present this to you all, a gift, a token of my thanks. It isn't much, but it is a good weapon and its served me in countless battles. I would be honoured if it coudl carry on the fight in your hands. I have no use for it now, my battles will be of a very different kind now." He holds the weapon out for anyone to take.
Lamark's Lasrifle

Mars Pattern Mark III Short Lasgun

Class: Basic (Las)
Range: 100m
RoF: S/3/-
Dam 1d10+3 E
Pen: 0
Clip: 60
Reload: Full
Special: Best Quality (Never jams or overheats. +10 Bonus to BS tests made to attack with this weapon.)
Weight 4kg

Standard issue for many Imperial Guard regiments across the Imperium since M.36, the blocky MK III lasgun is a remarkably robust and easy to use weapon. Legendarily able to stand up to any amount of abuse and keep firing, the "Guardsman's Friend" as the Uplifting Primer calls it, is respected over more powerful shoulder arms for its practicality and extreme reliability in almost any condition. The Mars pattern is produced in great numbers on Scintilla and Malfi and is the standard armament of most Calixian Guard regiments.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Solaria looks at the others. She knows she can learn it without any trouble, it would just take a day or two fiddling with it. It has been a couple of years since weapon school at the Arbite Acedemy. But she gives the first dibs to the others, like Haxtes, that she knows can use it now...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:17 pm

"It's a fine weapon," Jericus replies. "Thank you, Lamark."
It does seem like a good fit for Haxtes.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:04 am

Rego pulls a stub pistol from his waist and looks Lamark in the eyes. "We will carry yours with honor, but please take this in exchange. I would not wish a brother of the Imperium to be unable to defend himself should the need arise". The priest almost insisting in his tone...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:50 am

Xanthia is amazed at Lamark's generous offer. She eyes it, almost wishing for it, but knowing she is not the best to receive the wonderful weapon. She offers Lamark a smile. "You'll do very well in your new position."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Haxtes calm face cannot fully hide his yearning for the weapon. He pulls himself together and says, calmly: "I have been trained in this kind of weapon. If no one else claims it, I would indeed find good use for it." He looks at the others to see what they say.

He knows the only kind of ranged weapon training he has is using all kinds of las weapons, but will concede if anyone else wants it.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 am

Solaria looks over to Haxtes, "Take it Magos. Such a generous offer and you can use it better than any of us." Turning back to Lamark and following Rego's lead, the Arbite pulls out her riot baton and hands it to the man. "Broken up a few fights with this and I know you'll need to thump a few drunks before life get's back to normal. Better than shooting them..." The baton Solaria hands him is a good, serviceable weapon. When Lamark turns it over in his hands, he can see that it's Arbite issue too, the stylized "I" is las etched into it, a fist with scales at it's middle. She smiles and nods, "Brother."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Lamark hands his weapon to Haxtes then, as the Techpriest accepts the high quality lasrifle with grace. Lamark holds up his hands and refuses either weapon from Rego or Solaria. "No my friends. My predecessor sought power and was brought low with it. I will arm myself with Faith and it shall be my sword and my shield. Keep your weapons, you will need them more than I." He doesn't take the weapon, no matter how much you insist, but he is obviously honored by the offers and means no insults. "I believe we have come to the point of you departure. Thank you all again, and I hope one day we might meet again, under better circumstances."

The group says their final good byes and loads the Cargo 8 with supplies for the return trip to Port Suffering.
Last post in Stern Hope before you drive away.

Haxtes's sheet will get updated with the weapon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring