Capitulus Secundus: Illumination

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Knowledge is Power, Guard it Well

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Damien lays on his back, silently screaming in the confines of his mind for a minute more. It takes him a while to be able to get back on his feet, let alone fully functional. Small trickles of blood leak slowly from his ears and the corners of his eyes. "Thank you Aristarchus," he whispers to himself, "honour in the end. You are redeemed in my eyes."

Once he manages to drag his body over to Jericus, he sees the strange Tarot card. "That is decidedly not normal. Perhaps some sort of Tech-heresy, or Xenos filth. Either could have contributed to deluding the Seer, giving him false readings on the Tarot. No one else should touch it. I'll safely collect it for transport back to the Inquisition for analysis."

Damien shuffles over to the remaining Tarot card, just looking at it for now, not touching it until he has some collection materials ready to go. "Rego! Are any of the civilians still sane? Any untainted? If we need to perform a Purging, it would be best to do so before they disperse into the general populace." He dislikes being so cold to victims of a Daemon infestation, but he has a duty as an Acolyte that trumps such soft feelings.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Solaria pushes herself up and off of Damien, offering her apologies for the psychic bodycheck. Shaking herself back to her senses she gets up, still a tad unsteady and walks over to Jericus and Damien. She hugs both of them, hard enough to squeeze their breath out and plants a huge kiss on each one. Blushing slightly, Solaria sweeps a lock of hair out of her face, "That's for being the heroes today. Thank you for our lives..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:15 am

Rego looks up from the floor to see Damien's lips moving, but he hears nothing but the pounding of his own heart in his ears. Slowly he sits up and examines his battered body. His leg throbs but he feels no pain, the drugs still active in his veins. However, he does find something odd which he promptly plucks from his flesh rather unceremoniously. The jagged shard of a tarot card covered with more of the priest's precious blood. "DON'T WORRY YOURSELF DAMIEN IT WASN'T DEEP". The man's words thundering as his ears slowly begin to ring.

Finally Rego manages to regain his feet beneath himself and he stands a bit shaken. His eyes move slowly across the crowd as he checks for any remnants of the beast amongst those gathered. Still unaware of Damien's earlier question...
Self imposing a single wound and temporary deafness on myself in the name of good roleplay as I was somewhat closer to the bad stuff when it happened. Also checking the crowd for any signs...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Haxtes picks himself up and looks around surprised: "What happened? There was a ... presence in my mind which I could not shake off. What happened?" The Tech-Priest's raspy voice sounds even more broken than usual...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 am

Jericus is a little stiff and self-conscious as Solaria gives him a hug and kiss. His normally pale skin takes on a pinkish blush as, for a moment, the scribe is at a loss for words. "We were fortunate," he says at last. "This could have gone a lot worse." He looks around at the chaos still surrounding them. 'As for saving lives ...," he shrugs. "We're a team. You've had my back enough times in the past couple of months. That sort of thing is a two-way street."

"But before we call any of us heroes, we should wait and see what the Inquisition has to say about this. They might not be so understanding." The scribe shakes his head. "For now, we've got to see what we can do for these people. And we have to hope that the Ashleen are grateful enough to forgive Stern Hope it's recent behavior. Because if they attack now, there's nothing we can do to respond."

Then, as Haxtes voices his question, Jericus adds, "Aristarchus ultimately saw the truth. It was too late to save his own life. But he was able to sacrifice himself to disrupt the ritual - with rather dramatic results."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 am

"He was a good man in the end. It was too bad he was tricked into believing in something so foul. I feel sorry that someone with faith as his had it corrupted and twisted without knowing. It just goes to show that even the highest in the Imperium can fall prey to the Warp..." Solaria starts looking around and seeing what she can do to help.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

In Conclusion

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 pm

The debat on Aristarchus' piety continues, and the mention of Abbot Skae never seems to come up, atleast not yet. Rego and the others begin to tend to the people of Stern Hope. Many of the populace is catatonic, or in such a mentl state of fear and shock they offer up little in the way of conversation. Slowly, over the course of a few hours you migrate the people back to their homes, looking them over for taint, and making notes of those few that might have some. Each person is noted and documented, Jericus puts his years in the Administratum to good use cataloging folks. Rego sees to their souls, Damien to their minds, and Xanthia and Solaria to the security of the village. Haxtes goes about securing the facility, and helps his brother as if recording various parts in a repair job.

It was already late night when you arrived here, and now your work takes you into the morning hours with no or little sleep (caught here and there in shifts). A check in on Brother Lamark confirms he's going to live.

For the next few days things proceed like this, a whirlwind of containment, healing, and clean up. Around noon on several days after the defeat of the Dancer at he Threshold a few guards from the gates come running to find you all in the Priory talking to Brother Lamark (who is recovering nicely). "Sirs, there is something you should see at the gates."

So wasting no time you hurry to the gates of Stern Hope to find a small group of Ashleen Warriors standing outside of it some fifty yards. With them is a pack of Dustdogs, and behind them is your Cargo 8x8. Kos'ke's massive shape is unmistakable among his warriors. It seems he has towed your truck out of the ravine, and brought it back to you. Esha Raine is not with him as he rides his dustdog forward toward the gate to greet you.
Okay, feel free to back post the last 3 days if you like. But then everyone is at the gate to greet Kos'ke. We'll be resolving this chapter soon, and I'll award XP. I suggest folks start looking at the Alter Ego's found in the Inquisitor's Handbook page 213ish. Its only a few pages read but might come in handy in some chapters ahead.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: In Conclusion

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Over the days, Solaria would have checked the Seer's room and gathered his belongings, making sure everything was there to give back to the Inquisition. Including the remnants of his tarot card.

Walking out to the gate, Solaria spots the large form of Koske and grins widely. Strutting over the large man she winks, "I see you're bringing me gifts now. Thank you, it's greatly appreciated. You took what you needed out of the locker, I hope."
Actually been thinking on an alter ego for sometime. How's a female Commisar sound? Even have the picture!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Over the past few days, Xanthia has mostly been found at the gate, almost taking Brother Lamark's place there in making sure that the village was safe. She's left the others to deal with some of the cleanup, though she's also helped out at times too. During her time at the gates, she has taken a couple of target shots with the Spitfire at a target out on the plains, working on trying out the weapon that she hasn't had a chance to fire yet.
Spending a full set of reloads to get some experience with the weapon. May want to roll to make sure that it doesn't misfire.
Finally, when Koske shows up with the 8x8, Xanthia heads out with Solaria to greet the warlord, though her greeting is nowhere similar to Solaria's. Xanthia does offer the other man a smile though. "Thanks for bringing that to us. How is the Dirge Singer doing?"

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:01 am

Though Rego's will to serve is never ending, his body is worn. The priest spending every moment that he can trying to rest and heal himself. However, such times are far and few in between. Survivors constantly hounding the servant of the emperor for guidance and closure. Silently he knows that it will be a long time before the settlement returns to what it once was, but does his best to perform his duties. In the early morning hours of the third day Rego awakens, his joints aching and muscles tender to the touch. As the others slowly come to, he suggests that Kos'ke be asked to take the position of sheriff. A job the warrior ashleen is well suited for...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...