Capitulus Tertius: Cold Vengeance

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Mucking around in the Bilges

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 am

Jericus is tired after all that's happened lately. And even though he knows he can't relax until they're safely home - and maybe not even there, he lightens up just a little. He's clever enough to bet on Solaria when she fights, and even more clever to use his winnings to buy a round for the locals, lest they get annoyed by a stranger being victorious. But mostly he rests, sleeping late and relaxing in a booth in a bar or a restaurant, though he makes certain to check for messages at the IPA every day as he informed Sand he would. More often than not, he's got a data slate open and is working on his final report. But he comes out of his shell more than usual, sharing conversation over a drink or a meal. Nevertheless, when the ship arrives, prison ship or not, he eagerly boards it.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 am

"I prefer when I can tell the laws of physics to sit down and shut up, but, you know, guns and swords are good too." The Psyker grins as he joins the conversation. He has been in a better and better mood as their departure date comes closer. He has been spending a lot of time with Rego, studying the cleric's wounds and administering aid when possible. He is sure that by the time their ship reaches their destination Rego will be fully healed, but he is frustrated by the slow progress of the supernatural healing he is able to give. "Although I would like to buy a drink for whomever named this vessel. Anyone with the sick sense of humor to name a prison barge 'Luxury' deserves a toast. Then maybe a kidney punch. But definitely a toast."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Solaria laughs at the psyker's joke. She's really starting to warm up to Damien, a tough thing at first. With the Pale Throng and Tranch's dark history with psyker's, it took some work to break through the stereotypes, but its happening.

"As a representative of the Imperium's Law, I for one think all prison barges should be named like that. Gives the prisoners something to grumble about and rubs a little salt into the wounds, too. And concerning the Laws of Physics, if I could do that, maybe I woundn't need a gun. But us blunts have to make do with the biggest bang we can get. And I wouldn't be honest if I said it didn't get me off a little!", she says with a wicked grin.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Inquisitor Sand: Final Reports

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm

The Acolytes fall to talking of tactics and philosophy and the ship Luxury breaks orbit on the long ride home....

Six Weeks Later

It has been nearly a month and a half since leaving Acreage, and four transfers later, but finally you arrived back home at the capital planet of Scintilla no worse for the wear. In fact in this time you've managed to dos some training with one another, and Father Rego's wounds have healed thanks to Damien, Jericus and good old fashioned rest. From time to time you've managed to send updates to Inquisitor Sand, and twice you received return communications from him -- confirming your return was required.

So it is a month and half later that you find yourselves in a dark chamber inside some experimentation lab deep in the bowels of Scintilla Hive awaiting Inquisitor Sand. The chamber is much like the previous one you've interacted with Sand in. A glass wall divides the chamber into an observation room and a proceedure room. Stacks of medicae equipment clutter both chambers, and a small servo skull hums softly as it floats in the corner of the room beyond the glass. An empty gurney sits with old blood stains on it in your room, the smell of medical solvents thick in the air. Lumen globes flicker, hardly shedding enough light to read by in your half of the complex.

You have been waiting here for about twenty minutes when finally Inquisitor Sand arrives in the other half, the operating half, of the chamber. Draped all in black, with his respirator mask concealing his face the Inquisitor almost floats into the chamber. On his arrival the servo skull perks up, its red eye coming to life. Through the vox communicator from room to room Sand welcomes you. "Welcome home Acolytes, it has been a long time."
Just to be clear, you are back on Scintilla, 6 weeks after leaving Acreage, there is a wall of glass between you and Sand (just like last time). Everyone is healed, and some XP spent at this point. We are in the last scene of the chapter -- reporting in.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Inquisitor Sand: Final Reports

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:52 pm

"Good afternoon, Inquisitor," Jericus says with a nod of his head. "You may have received a report from Iocanthus already given our delays. But I have the full reports here." He holds up a dataslate. "We were successful in holding off a demonic incursion, though not without loss of local lives and resources. The details are in the report." He lowers the dataslate. "On our return journey, our ship was attacked by orks and we were forced to flee in an escape pod to Acreage. There we were requested by local authorities to assist them with a xeno infestation. That too was successful with some local collateral damage. The details of our encounter with the orks and the investigation and confrontation of the xeno incursion are also detailed in my reports." The scribe looks to see if the chamber used for transferring items from one side of the glass to the other is open. If so, he places the dataslate inside.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Solaria can't help herself and nudges Jericus, "We so have to get one of thse things", she says quietly, nodding towards the servo skull. She looks over Sand and nods to him out of respect and waits for Jericus to answer the man. In the realm of acolytes, one has to be above the rest. And Jericus seems to be their Prime.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Sand folds his gloved hands over one another. His voice through the vox is distorted slightly. "Yes, I did receive your reports, several of them in fact. I find that your attention to detail, and your manner of writing to be without bias toward your actions." He motions at the transfer device, and Jericus opens the panel and places the Dataslate inside. Sand motions for the Servo Skull to fly over and collect it, and the small floating skull drops a mag line on the slate and like a crane hoists it up and flies back to Sand's side where the Inquisitor takes the slate. "You have all done exceptionally well. Your stopping of the Daemon on Iocanthus has saved that planet and perhaps the nearby planets as well. Your report said you recovered pieces of the Tarot card that the Seer Aristarchus was using? Do you still have that on you?" The transfer panel opens to receive the tarot card fragments.

"As for the Orks, your timely reporting of the incident has also not gone unnoticed. I have been in contact with High Inquisitor Zerbe, and he has dispatched a unit of Deathwatch Space Marines to deal with the Ork Space Hulk. They have likely already made contact with the Cold Vengeance as we speak."

He turns to regard Rego and Xanthia, his eyes under his hood shimmering in the dim light, "You seem lucky to have survived contact with your xeno targets in Acreage. Perhaps you are unaware, but these creatures are called Slaugth and are rated Xeno Majoris. All of you will have to go through decontamination and further screening after leaving here by the Ordo Malleus. I am sure you will be found to be uninfluenced and pure; if you are not, then I offer my condolences to you now on your eminent death sentence."

He waits for the tarot card still but voices one last comment, "Do you have anything further to report Senior Acolyte Jericus?"
We have a touch of cross over here. The Deathwatch Space Marines sent that he speaks off is the Kill Team from BrenCon 2010!! Those events will be chronicled here for posterity!

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#156762
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm

"Only two things, sir," Jercus replies. "My reports are very detailed. And I've had weeks to prepare them. The only things to add are these." He draws forth a two pict recorder data disks and a small booklet. "I was able to record portions of what we found, on Iocanthus, on the Cold Vengeance, and on Acreage. These are the only two copies of those recordings. And this book is a reproduction of the book of prophesy from Iocanthus referred to in my report. The locals were unwilling to let us keep the book, but they did allow us to take some picts of it. This is as accurate a reproduction as I could manage. It is the sole copy I made; and the only copies of the scans are on these two disks." He places the materials into the slot."

"Also," he adds, "if I may be so bold. Lt. Reginald of the Plumes on Acreage seemed loyal and level-headed, even when confronting a Xeno Majoris. I've mentioned in my report that we left him as the contract person for a later team. But in my opinion he would warrant further consideration as a recruit. Current events show that Acreage may warrant one."
I seem to recall that Damien took the tarot cards. But if Jericus has them, he'll slip them in with the other stuff.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Sand now personally steps up to the glass, as he draws near the tint on the glass darkens, and for a moment you can see your reflections in the glass and not the chamber beyond. As the transfer slot snaps closed Sand you assume collects the items. When the tint returns to normal Sand is standing back where he started and is holding the book in hand. Flipping through it he calls back, "This is most acceptable Senior Acolyte Jericus." It seems he's taken to calling Jericus by this title as well. Perhaps the Adept was just promoted. "These shall go along way to verifying your reports and dealing with further incidents on those planets." He considers a moment, "Your recommendation of Lt. Reginald will not go unheard, nor will your endorsement of Prince Orcan's side of the war. I will make no further comments on those matters at this time however."
I think you are right Damien has the shards of the Tarot Cards.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:14 pm

"Thank you, sir," Jericus replies. Then he glances over at Damien. "You have the cards, correct?" He raises an eyebrow and nods his head toward the slot.