Capitulus Quartus: Duplicity

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Duplicity

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Solaria immediately goes into character, "Please, this way Master Jonath..." Directing him inside and away from the landing pad. "We'll need to find you some temporary housing. Perhaps something a few more levels higher, away from the dregs of society, but not too pretensious. We wouldn't want possible contacts to think poorly of you."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:42 pm

"As you think best," Jericus/Jonath replies. "A few levels higher sounds about right." He glances around and adds, "perhaps a small suite or apartment that could houses us all."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:31 pm

The new 'Scribe' follows along, behind and to the side of his master, a look of attentive subservience on his face. He clutches his data slate protectively, as a mother might a newborn child. He says nothing, but stays within easy earshot of Jonath.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 am

"Brother Harold, from the Adeptus Mechanicus of Mars. I will be your technical advisor." Haxtes voice is raspy from not talking for months. His augmentic eye however glows brightly.
I am happy with my mechadendrite being an implanted eye. The image on p. 154 shows a kind of arm with an eye on it. If you like that better, we can take that.
I am back, but will not be able to post too often in the next two weeks. Hax will just stand around silently most of the time anyway.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:40 pm

"I will check immediately, Master Jonath..." Solaria consults her dataslate, bringing up any information on accomadations that might be contqained therein.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Getting in out of the wind, the group pushes into the hive along with a few others that make their way to and from the landing pad. Here the scrubbing winds are less, but the corrosion on the hive structure is still evident. Solaria opens up the dataslate and check to see if it lists and places to stay. It has a large collection of listed establishments, some of them may or may not even still around. Listed among the various inn, flophouses, and amasec bars is The Smoke House, the place mentioned in Sand's report.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 pm

"Ah, yes. Here is something, Master Jonath. A small establishment we should probably stop at on our way to an inn. The Smoke House..." Solaria suggests as they need to make their contact there anyways...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 am

"We find a place to stay first," Jericus/Jonath replies. "Anything else might look odd. First we offload baggage and such; then we can go out to get a bite to eat at the Smoke House. If you want to book us rooms near there, that's fine. But make certain that they're in keeping with our status."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Solaria finds a few places close to the Smoke House and for the next hour and a half you make your way among the middle hive, going this way and that way among the streets, twice you are forced to double back as what appears to be a main road ends with a dead end or a restricted building that you can't pass through to the other side. Eventually you locate a small hotel of sorts close to the Smoke House. It isn't much, but there is enough room for all six of you, the price is within your budget and it isn't do dingy to be below 'your status'. A few gelt from Jonath secures the rooms for the group and you off load any baggage you want to leave there. A rumbling stomach form Rego suggests it wouldn't be bad manners to check out this Smoke House now.
Jonath - 6 gelt for everyone's rooms as the party 'leader' type.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Solaria stashes Jericus' gear as would be fitting of one of his servants. In the room, she looks over her shoulder as she bends over and gives a bit of a smile, "Now don't go getting used to this kind of service all the time... You haven't even bought me dinner, yet."

With his things put away, she unloads her own stuff and locks it up as best as possible. At some point, she might have to pick up a long coat or something to cover her combat gear, but that can be found later...