Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:18 am

Xanthia nods at the responses she's heard on the slug through the pipe so far. Now that the pipe is about to open up, she pulls out her blade and the spitfire ready to deal out some damage. She glances over at Jett and whispers 3 words: "You or me?"

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 am

Solaria locks eyes with the woman and shrugs, "Might as well be me.", she whispers. She puts her mouth right up to Xanthia's ear and whispers, "Keep your guns on those two. I don't need them shooting me in the back."

She looks around and nods to the mercs, then starts to slide into the room, eyes peeled for trouble...
Photo-contacts are on, Awareness Skill pumped and all my Charms warmed up!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:40 am

Haxtes stays behind and readies his Hellgun. His mecha eye turns to look at the way they came from quickly before turning back to look at what lies before them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 am

Solaria nearly lick Xanthia in the ear (that's for a later time) as she offers her warning about Vymer and Quill. Then she takes the lead. The five make the last distance down the pipe into the chamber that awaits beyond. The room opens up into what appears to be a massive burial vault (long ago raided and looted). A large central chamber has half a dozen smaller mosoleums that branch off from it along the other three walls. In the center is a large dias with a broken and missing statue, the stand remains, the statue is long lost to looters. Pews block travel around the dias, and broken and fallen stonework is crumbling all about. Leering gargoyles and cherbus look down from the stonework. A flicker of light comes from the northwest mosoleum.

As you move into the chamber, Solaira on point, Vymer motions for Xanthia and Haxtes to move west, as they move east around the rubble.

Solaria reaches the dais up the row between the pews and she get's a really bad feeling about things. Yup, its an ambush, but you are ready for it. Solaria calls out, "Enemies!" From out of the various side chambers come a pack of local gangers. One of them shouts, "Here dey come, kill them all boys!"

The fight is on and the Acolytes are ready for it...
No one is surprised about an ambush so not surprise round. Nice normal init. (Which seems to work good for you!

Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4

Effects
The lighting is bad in here, but Xanthia has Hightened Senses (Sight), Haxtes his mechendendrite, and Solaria her Photo-Contacts, so it doesn't bother you at all!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:05 am

Any difficulty moving over the rubble, or since that is everywhere no issue? Also, do the columns provide any AP?
Xanthia is ready for combat, having been watching out for anything funny for several minutes now.

Her blade and gun in hand, she gladly moves forward, making her way towards one of the collapsed columns. She raises her spitfire as she does so, cracking off a shot at the closest ganger.
Move: 4m N
Attack: #1 w/spitfire

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:15 pm

The Columns are stone, they are fallen over and hip height unless you kneel down. They can provide cover for torso and legs in that case. Arms and head stick up to fight with. Th general minor debris is no movement, but the pews and larger objects will restrict movement yes.

Round 1 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4
Xanthia darts forward and takes some cover behind the broken and fallen masonry. She points her Spitfire at the nearby ganger and snaps off a shot. The incendiary round slams into the man's head, lodges in his eye socket and causes his skull to explode in a ball of fire. The corpse of the ganger falls to the ground a smoldering burning husk lighting up the area with flames. One down!
Xanthia: Move, Shoot #1: 30 Hit Head for 13 Wounds - 3T = 10 Wounds, DEAD

Damn!
Solaria, Haxtes and the Bounty Hunters...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Stay put. Quick Draw Spectre- Free. Semi-Auto Fire on #6, Close Range +10, Semi +10.
Using Spectre as auto-gun, normal ammo.
Solaria sweeps her rifle around in one smooth motion, lining up a shot on the closest ganger. She puts the iron sights on his mid section, thanking the Throne that the bastard wasn't onemeter further into the vault or she'd never have a shot. She pumps the trigger three times, sending a handful of rounds downrange at the ganger. "Nice one, Onyx!", she calls over her shoulder.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Move nw,nw,nw.
Shoot at #3 or 4 whichever is easier to hit, or #3 if it is the same. One Shot, Red Dot Sight, Close Range.
Haxtes also moves forward and shoots once with his hellgun.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Round 1 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4
Solaria sweeps her rifle around in one smooth motion and lines up a shot on the ganger to her right. She squeezes the trigger like she's holding an old friend and a burst of bullets strike the man, the manage au trois of lead all make contact with the man. His arm is mangled from the shots but the finish bullet strikes him in the chest and sends him spinning to the ground dead, a nice hole in his mix and match armor. Haxtes then hurries to cover and lines up a shot with his hellpistol. The laserdot trembles on the head of the ganger as he pulls the trigger. A blast of face comes off the man who attempts to dodge at the very last second. It blows off his cheek but the man is one tough son of a bitch and he manages to somehow not fall over dead!

Then Vymer calls out, he motions at Quill as he moves into potion behind the dais. "Nothing personal, I hope you understand. He has a blind grenade in his hand and he tosses it into the air. The small ball lands right next to Xanthia and *BANG* it goes off filling the area around all of you with blinding chaff. Your photo contacts, heightened senses and implanted ocular devices are no use against it -- more importantly neither are your eyes. Vymer calls out, "Turns out this IS a set up, your instincts were right Jett. Nothing personal, but Oynx is really named Xanthia and she is an assassin, and she killed the wrong person recently. They did not take too kindly to that, and the bounty on her head is rather generous. I wish things could be differently, but a job is a job. Had those damn Wreckers not interrupted our search on the airship this whole thing could have been avoided. I hate to have to kill your companions, they are great warriors and don't deserve this." He nods to Quill, not that you can see it. "Lord Penderghast sends his regards and that this is for his nephew!" You hear a clanking bump as another grenade lands someplace in the blind cloud.

Then *KABOOM* as the Frag grenade goes off. Unable to see, unable to dodge you take a brunt of the explosion on your armor. Lucky for Haxtes his new greatcoat is designed to take flak and only the concussion of the blast rattles his cage a bit. Xanthia is not so lucky, the grenade lands close and a spray of shrapnel rips through her arm as she shields her face. The blast cuts up her flak armor and tears into her flesh causing shockwaves of pain to shoot to her head. Yet Solaria, farthest from the blast takes it the worst. Her xeno mesh armor isn't designed to stop flak, and as the frag goes off he sends a wall of broken shattered and sharp waves of pews into her leg nearly knocking her from her footing. Her left leg is ripped to pieces and she staggers down onto the knee holding onto the cover around her to keep her footing against the bleeding mangled mess of flesh that is her leg now. The ringing in your ears will eventually fade, but for the moment you are in shock. You can't see them, or hear them but the gangers all around the chamber take aim on the cloud watching, and waiting for you to step clear of it.

Vymer sighs, "Surrender Xanthia, and your friends won't have to die with you. My bounty is on your head!"

Solaria: Semi Auto, Close Range vs #6: 22 vs 65 ( 3 Hits) Left Arm 12-2AP-3T=7 Wounds, Left Arm 4 -2AP-3T=0 Wounds, Body 8-2AP-3T=3 Wounds = DEAD

Haxtes: Move, Shoot #3: Laser Site, Close: 10 vs 59 Hot Head for 6-3T=3 Wounds

Vymer: Move, Blind Grenade: 40 Success - Xanthia, Solaria, Haxtes = Blinded While in Cloud

Quill: Move, Frag Grenade: 65 Fail (Bounce: Direction 6, Distance 1) Hits Haxtes (Dodge: Blind -30 86 Fail) Left Leg 9 -5AP(Flak)-3T= 1 Wound, Xanthia (Dodge: Blind/Fatigue -40 68 Fail) Rgiht Arm 13 -5 AP Flak -4 T = 4 Wounds, Solaria (Dodge: Blind -30 46 Fail) Left Leg 15 -2Cover-4AP-4T= 5Wounds

Ganger 2: Overwatch
Ganger 3: Overwatch
Ganger 4: Overwatch
Ganger 5: Overwatch

Blindness (While you are in the cloud)
Blind characters are bereft of vision and consequently they have a much harder time surviving. Blind characters automatically fail all Ballistic Skill Tests and any other test that involves vision. Such characters take a –30 penalty to all Weapon Skill, Dodge and Parry tests. Finally, blind characters move at half their normal rates when in unfamiliar environments as they must feel around to make their way. Should they attempt to move faster, they must succeed on a Difficult (–10) Agility Test or fall to ground at the end of their Movement.
Round 2 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4

Gangers in Overwatch Mode

Health
Xanthia 8/12 (Fatigued 1 Still from Ship. You haven't rested at all since you arrived, but I dropped it from 2 anyhow)
Solaria 10/16
Haxtes 10/11
The Acolytes...
The red dot area between Xanthia and Solaria is blown to pieces, Difficult Terrain but provides no cover any more - thank you Frag grenade.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 am

Xanthia thinks to herself about the recent assassinations she has performed, attempting to call the one mentioned into mind. As she recalls details, she thinks to herself. 'Well, great. Just what we needed on this place -- my past to catch up with us.'

She stares forward, remembering the layout of the room and trying to think up a way out of this situation. Probably the easiest for the rest of the Acolytes would be to turn herself in. That way, the rest could complete the mission at least.
No actual actions yet, but a question on the layout. How raised is the dias? Would it be high enough to cover a crouched Xanthia from Vymer? I know the ganger would be able to see me, but not worried about that.