Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Scanning the room Haxtes's sensors detect a weapon (or three) on every person in the place. Stubs, laspistols, hand canons and more blades than you can shake a stick at are tucked away half hidden on every man and every woman present. This place is not for the faint of heart.

The bartender, cleaning out a mug with a dirty towel comes over, "I don't know you, and I know everyone in Deadtown. A word to the wise, keep your heads down and don't cause no trouble, and no trouble will come to you." He then sets the mug down and grabs up a bottle of snake bite, "Drink?" He pours one for each person who confirms his question. Then he takes a credit from each of you. "Must be hear for the auction huh? That song and dance has brought in a rather large number of new folk, can't say I mind, its good for business."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Solaria holds up a hand at the question of snakebite. "Something nicer, please. And I'd ask you to join us for the bottle." She looks the man over for a moment. "You're right on many accounts. You don't know us and we're here for the auction. And we aren't looking for trouble, just a good drink and someone to talk to. That would that be you, wouldn't it? You have the looks of being the guy about town."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:59 pm

"Big spender?" The man takes out a bottle of amasec and puts on the bar, "Three thrones." He collects the coins, "I don't drink on duty, but thanks for the offer lady." He puts both elbows on the bar, "You have keen eye, I am the man around here. You need information, looking for work, or perhaps a piece of tech, I'm the man, ain't no secret."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

"How about two out of three. Work is covered, so nothing there. Unless it was real interesting, then I might fit it in.", She takes a very small sip of the amasec and nods, "Not too bad." The Arbite even goes to the length of filling her flask with the liquor as they talk, leaving more than enough for drinking and plying other with.

"Information is good. And tech is always welcome. My friend here has a special interest in such things. He's our ship's Reclaimator and a damn good one at that. Me and my girlfirend here have a real liking for things that go bang or make less than desireables give a second thought to any foul ideas they might have about causing us harm. How about the tech first? Maybe a little business talk and some coin traded will show us willing patrons and help with our few questions we have..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Haxtes edges closer when the man speaks of tech. His back-mounted eye tentacle keeps looking around the room at his back.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm

"Names Chenshan." He pours another bit of the amasec for Solaria. "Sounds reasonable to me. Now you don't look the Arbite types, so I'm going to let you in on what we have, mostly what men around here would be interested in, guns and drugs, course you didn't hear me say that, right." He winks. There is a thriving blackmarket in the Deadtown and if the trio is interested in taking a look at it all they have to do is ask. "You must be here for the auction right? We ain't associated with them, I mean we get a surprising amount of traffic down here, nice and off the beaten path you see. Past the patrols but not so far out as to be all the way off the map, you understand? Scavengers, mutos, dealers, high citadel fronters... even off-worlders like your good selves. You'ed be surprised the folk you see out here."

Over in the corner of the room a pair of black clad men begin eyeing Solaria and Xanthia. They are ragged looking gangers, broken flak armor, pistols and knives, poor hygiene, you know the type.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Solaria ignores the two men, but nods at Haxtes to keep an eye on them. It's not the first time that her gear or her curves have caused trouble. "Chenshan, huh? Got a nice ring to it. The name's, Jet. And as a matter of fact, we would very interested in seeing some coin leave our purses if ya got the right goods."

The mention of mutants, or twists as Solaria knows them, turns her stomach. But she doesn't let on. On her homeworld of Tranch, hundreds of thousands of people died and continue to, the product of an ongoing war with mutants and psykers. It stabs her heart a bit and wonders how her folks are, but comes back to business. "Shall we, then?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Haxtes turns his "eye" towards the two men and loosens his weapons under his robes. "Do you have any High Energy Laser Weapons?" he asks in his raspy voice.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Xanthia makes note of the raggedy gangers in the corner, but does nothing about them yet because Haxtes has been set upon them. She returns most of her attention to the barkeep, listening in. After the mention of the variety of types found out in Deadtown, she takes another look around the bar, looking for any non-gangers she might see. She doesn't spend too long looking at any particular person, wanting her search to appear to be just someone glancing around.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Chenshan laughs at the Tech Priest, "This here is the slums on an isle surrounded by a sea of acid, now we have some things of interest, if the money is right, but you can understand my limits, right?" He glances at the men Haxtes is inspecting from across the room and doesn't seem worried.

"Let me get someone to cover the bar and we can go take a look and see what we can see." He leaves his body guards standing silently behind the bar he ducks into a back room for a moment.

That's when a small crowd in the middle of the drinking hall opens up and two figures become present. Two men, middle aged, in well worn rugged clothing stand among the center of the circle of locals. You at once recognize them -- Vymer and Quill, the bounty hunters from the Cygnan Martyr

"Speak of the devil boys. There are the ones I was talking about." Vymer points a finger at Solaria, Xanthia and Haxtes of course. "I was just telling these fine men what excellent warriors you all are. How you destroyed the Wrecker attack on our airship without hardly any help from the crew or anyone else." Quill searches the room for signs of others, but returns his gaze to the group, silent as ever letting his partner do the talking. "Glad to see you down here, let me buy you a drink ladies and gent?" His accent is slight, but still there.
Image Image