Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Solaria places the bottle ofamasec that she ordered onto their table. "Drinks are on me, boys. And don't go telling tall tales, I remember you two were in the fight. Why don't you tell them about the Wreckers that you took out?" The Arbite is immediately on edge and still doesn't care for these two. She'd like nothing more than to shock maul the living shit out of both of them and find out which one had stabbed her on the ship, but she's busy.

Looking over at the barkeep, "Sorry for the distraction, we were heading out?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 am

The bar keep went in the back room for a moment, he's finding someone to take over the bar for him, so for the moment he's not here and you have time to chat.
Vymer laughs, "We did that already, but I'm not one to exaggerate, and it was clear who the power on that ship was. It was your group, we saw what you did, it was impressive." The room shouts when Solaria offers to buy everyone a round of drinks, laughing and shouting among the men causes a general din over the drinking hall. Quill elbows Vymer and nods at you three. Vymer nods back, "Alright, I'll ask." He motions for you to join them for a moment, and since Chenshan hasn't come back you have time. "Let's be honest here shall we Jett? We are bounty hunters, that's no surprise, I think you figured that out for yourselves. We have come here hunting a rather nasty fellow, wanted by a half dozen organizations, from the Arbites on Spire Glorianna to a Rogue Trader who's name I'm not at liberty to speak. Quill and I were thinking we'd find some men here to hire on to help us bring this bastard down, but in all honesty you are worth ten of them from what we saw on the ship. I'd rather pay someone like you, who I know will be able to handle herself and get the job done than waste it on these types here, who likely will just get killed in the process." Vymer is referring to all three of you when he's speaking not just Solaria of course, "Interested in making some quick Gelt? We need a few extra guns to take down this scumbag. We've done all the leg work, he's here in Deadtown, near the vents to the vault Chenshan's said, doesn't know we are on to him yet. So we need to strike fast and hard, but it should be easy enough for the five of us." He looks to a response waiting patiently.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 am

Solaria looks back to the others and shrugs. "Two questions.", she says holding uo and counting off on two fingers, "How do I know you're not going to just lead us off somewhere and try to kill us, no that you'd have an easy time of it. And two, how much we talking and do we get trophies?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:29 am

Haxtes listens to the others talking. His mind is racing: Who could be so important that they would send two bodyguards from off planet to find him? And who would be hiding here in Deadtown of all places? And why do those two need extra guns to bring down their prey? Is it protected? This all goes through Haxtes' mind in a quick sequence - many questions and few answers.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:15 am

Vymer holds up two fingers and counts them off, "First I'd have to be a complete idiot to try and take you three on. I saw what you and he did to the Wreckers. Second, let's say 1200 gelt each?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 am

"I can't speak for the others, but make it 1300 each and one third of the gear he has, and you've got me for today.", Solaria says plainly. "What about it, you two want to play?", she asks Xan and Haxtes.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Haxtes looks at Vymer, assessing him. This sounds too good to be true, he thinks.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Xanthia offers a quick flash of her teeth in a smile, slightly twisted by the scars on her face. "I'm up for some fun." She glances around at the others around the place. "What'd this guy do to get wanted by so many organizations?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

"1200, and a cut of his loot, half for your group, half for Quill and I." He flattens his eyebrow in a strange grooming technique, "If I give you more then the contract might as well have been yours. No, I think 1200 is fair to gun down some scumbag who's trapped himself here in Deadtown. He may have a few lackies or hired gangers on with him, but its nothing we can't handle. Deal?" He offers his hand to seal the deal.

Vymer winks at Xanthia, "He pissed someone off he shouldn't have, double crossed another, and was stupid enough to announce his actions, and get caught."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:37 am

"I'll tell ya what...", Solaria starts. "Let me go deal with the bartender and our business here. I'll talk it over with my friends here, take us like 10 minutes at the most. Then I'll come out here and give you an answer. And yes, 1200 each and half his gear are good terms." She motions for the others and doesn't take the man's hand yet. She wants to talk it over with the others.

She nods to him and they go to find the barkeep and do some shopping.